Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Could 2013 be the Year of the ZEE? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209745)

LOWDOWN 03-15-2012 09:50 AM

Could 2013 be the Year of the ZEE?
 
Ford has officially released 2013 pricing for Mustang:

BOSS = $42,200...as a comparison, 2012 Camaro 1SS + $10K = "1LE" @ $42-ish

BOSS LS + $6,995 = $49,195...as a comparison, "1LE" + LS7 = ZEE @ high-$40s

A "2SS"-type option (Leather etc.) as an available upgrade, along with Sunroof 'n such...

Would there be any takers for these Camaros? Poll attached...

EDIT:

For those unaware, here is the current version of the "1LE" proposal from GM intro'd @ SEMA '11. This version is believed to be "buildable"...when is the remaining question...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200804

As per the poll, the ZEE (Z/28 for recent arrivals) is a "1LE" + LS7...and + $7,000.

PYROLYSIS 03-15-2012 09:57 AM

I thought the boss was only going to be built for 2 years. Is 2013 the second year or the third, can't remember? $54,000 for the GT500? That's pretty cheap, now to see how it performs. It might be cheap for a reason. :)

PYROLYSIS 03-15-2012 09:58 AM

Oh, and I would definitely buy a 1LE.

BoostedX2 03-15-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 4648023)
Ford has officially released 2013 pricing for Mustang:

BOSS = $42,200...as a comparison, 2012 Camaro 1SS + $10K = "1LE"?

BOSS LS + $6,995 = $49,195...as a comparison, "1LE" + LS7 = ZEE?

A "2SS"-type option (Leather etc.) as an available upgrade, along with Sunroof 'n such...

Would there be any takers for these Camaros? Poll attached...

BTW, GT 500 (650 hp), Base = $54,400...2012 ZL1 money...
........SVT Perf. Pkg = $3,495 EXTRA


Is there not an additional trak pak option also?

radz28 03-15-2012 02:15 PM

I thought the Track Pack was not totally clear or annouced or something... Regardless...

I voted for Z28 but am not quite sure we're going to see anything. They just finished the other "Z"-car, but I liked that 1LE Concept!!! I really hope they bring something back :D

BoostedX2 03-15-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 4649806)
I thought the Track Pack was not totally clear or annouced or something... Regardless...

I voted for Z28 but am not quite sure we're going to see anything. They just finished the other "Z"-car, but I liked that 1LE Concept!!! I really hope they bring something back :D


According to the Ford.com, the track pack is an additional option if you get the SVT performance pak, so it would seem the total price would be north of 60K...

tooslow 03-15-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 4650034)
According to the Ford.com, the track pack is an additional option if you get the SVT performance pak, so it would seem the total price would be north of 60K...

Exactly how much do you think the additional coolers are going to cost? I doubt enough to push the base with destination and SVT pack above $60K. Close maybe.

GoldenBear 03-15-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 4650034)
According to the Ford.com, the track pack is an additional option if you get the SVT performance pak, so it would seem the total price would be north of 60K...

According to the Ford website, the 2013 GT500 is $58,490 with the SVT Performance Pack. Therefore, if the Track Pack is $1,510 or more, the 2013 GT500 MSRP with the Performance Pack and Track Pack, without any other options, will be at least $60,000.

LOWDOWN 03-15-2012 04:10 PM

...plu$ the Recaro$...

BoostedX2 03-15-2012 04:37 PM

You won't be able to get a GT500 around here for less than 70K--they are all ordered loaded except for maybe the glass roof, and ALL have at least a 5K ADM--which is guaranteed due to the HP ratings and 200 MPH capability. Just my prediction. And then there's tax!

tooslow 03-15-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 4650803)
You won't be able to get a GT500 around here for less than 70K--they are all ordered loaded except for maybe the glass roof, and ALL have at least a 5K ADM--which is guaranteed due to the HP ratings and 200 MPH capability. Just my prediction. And then there's tax!

How did you come to the conclusion they are all ordered? Are all the ZL1's ordered? Last I checked, I can order a ZL1 or a GT500 exactly the way I want it. I just need to find a dealer with an allocation.

You think Chevy dealers who are ordering ZL1's for their showrooms at not customers didn't load those cars up, too? :iono:

BoostedX2 03-15-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4650887)
How dI'd you come to the conclusion they are all ordered? Are all the ZL1's ordered? Last I checked, I can order a ZL1 or a GT500 exactly the way I want it. I just need to find a dealer with an allocation.

You think Chevy dealers who are ordering ZL1's for their showrooms at not customers didn't load those cars up, too? :iono:

They are resistant to letting someone order around here I guess because they have limited allocation and want to maximize profit on each vehicle. May not be true everywhere...

2cnd chance 03-15-2012 04:58 PM

STOP!!!

This is a Thread about the Z28 and 1LE not the Stang. Thank you.

LOWDOWN 03-15-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 4650803)
You won't be able to get a GT500 around here for less than 70K--they are all ordered loaded except for maybe the glass roof, and ALL have at least a 5K ADM--which is guaranteed due to the HP ratings and 200 MPH capability. Just my prediction. And then there's tax!

Thank you for that local update...but we REALLY want to buy a CAMARO...don't we? :thumbsup:

Gramps69Z 03-15-2012 05:08 PM

Can we keep the GT500 and ZL1 pissing contest from the Z/28 threads?
..........PLEASE!.........

tooslow 03-15-2012 05:51 PM

Blame the moderator! Radz started it!:laugh:

GoldenBear 03-15-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 4650974)
STOP!!!

This is a Thread about the Z28 and 1LE not the Stang. Thank you.

Yes, please. There is already far too much GT500 prattle in the ZL1 section by Ford interlopers.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps69Z (Post 4651055)
Can we keep the GT500 and ZL1 pissing contest from the Z/28 threads?
..........PLEASE!.........

Let's keep the GT500 prattle out of the ZL1 section as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.