Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Diablo III - May 15th! Who's playing? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209760)

jcamaro 03-15-2012 10:08 AM

Diablo III - May 15th! Who's playing?

Quote:

The End of Days approaches…. Diablo III will be unleashed from the Burning Hells on May 15, 2012, and you can be ready to play the minute the servers go live by pre-purchasing the game digitally on Battle.net today.

Beginning May 15, players around the world will be able to return to Tristram to discover the dark secrets of a fallen star and begin their quest to save Sanctuary from the impending demonic invasion. To secure your place as a barbarian, monk, demon hunter, witch doctor, or wizard right now, simply log in to your Battle.net account, and then purchase and download* Diablo III, and you’ll be ready to play when the game launches.

World of Warcraft players interested in getting Diablo III for free can still get in on the World of Warcraft Annual Pass, but the promotion will be ending at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 1, 2012. When you sign up for the Annual Pass and make a 1-year commitment to World of Warcraft, you’ll receive a free digital copy of Diablo III, an exclusive World of Warcraft in-game mount (Tyrael’s Charger), as well as access to the upcoming World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta test. Learn more at the Annual Pass signup page.

For more details on the May 15 release of Diablo III, be sure to hit the official press release, or head to our new Diablo III game page to learn more about the game and pre-purchase your digital copy.

*When you pre-purchase Diablo III, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game that will be unlocked upon release on May 15.
http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...sale_small.jpg

Definitely can't wait now! I signed up for the WoW annual pass the day it came out at Blizzcon 2011. My free copy is already showing up on my Battle.net account but obviously not playable yet. I might get the collectors edition because you get credited 4 months of WoW game time if you have the annual pass. All the goodies you get are just too good to pass up.

Steve Dallas 03-15-2012 11:25 AM

Dang, was just coming here to post this.

Between Diablo III and Baldur's Gate, I'm excited.

Baldur's Gate, you say?

www.baldursgate.com

Something's happening in less than 3 hours!!! :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Mr_Draco 03-15-2012 11:37 AM

Any news yet it this is just PC at this time or if it will be for PS3?

Steve Dallas 03-15-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 4649157)

No idea. As long as it's out on the PC, I'm happy.

robsls3 03-15-2012 11:50 AM

I think just PC due the bliz market store attached to it.

jcamaro 03-15-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Just PC, Blizzard doesn't really make console games anymore. Not for a long time.

Mindz 03-15-2012 01:10 PM

Both this and BG will be among my collection of games to play on the new laptop.
:happyanim:

Steve Dallas 03-15-2012 01:26 PM

34 minutes left on the Baldur's Gate announcement!

Mindz 03-15-2012 02:02 PM

Nothing. timer hit 0 and has been there for 2 minutes. no animation. I even tried refreshing...

irocnroll 03-15-2012 02:24 PM

Been in Diablo III beta since December and I'm not overly impressed with it. Not enough to make me throw down $60.

matthook 03-15-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcamaro (Post 4648451)
http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...sale_small.jpg

Definitely can't wait now! I signed up for the WoW annual pass the day it came out at Blizzcon 2011. My free copy is already showing up on my Battle.net account but obviously not playable yet. I might get the collectors edition because you get credited 4 months of WoW game time if you have the annual pass. All the goodies you get are just too good to pass up.

I got the annual pass too even though i never play wow anymore haha... but ill be playing!!! We should all get on the same server and make a C5 clan yeeahh

robsls3 03-27-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthook (Post 4650488)
I got the annual pass too even though i never play wow anymore haha... but ill be playing!!! We should all get on the same server and make a C5 clan yeeahh

Hell yeah.

popeye705 04-20-2012 04:10 PM

Open Beta this weekend!!! Everyone download and play!

Mindz 04-22-2012 05:23 PM

Just completed the beta with a wizard. Next is barbarian and then demon hunter to test out. The game is pretty good, but not being able to click on enemies I misclicked once and started moving while the enemy is still moving is ANNOYING. I miss my zon. =/

MackMan 04-22-2012 05:31 PM

Still deciding if I want to get this or not. I tried to play the demo but the servers were always full. I use a Mac laptop so not sure how it'll work just yet. I played the crap out of D2 though. I'm more of a console person now with Battlefield 3.

I'll try to find some time to play the demo this week sometime though.

popeye705 04-22-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 4847829)
Just completed the beta with a wizard. Next is barbarian and then demon hunter to test out. The game is pretty good, but not being able to click on enemies I misclicked once and started moving while the enemy is still moving is ANNOYING. I miss my zon. =/

im loving the beta, with the ranged people you can hold down shift while throwing arrows/spells and you wont move if you miss click. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to beat the skeleton king on all five classes with it being down half the day yesterday. too much work to go back through it all to get to 13.

mastertypodemon 04-22-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Supposedly working on ports for PS3 and Xbox360.

No mods?
Real money marketplace?
Battle.net always-on connection required?

Nope, I'll wait for the pirated version to hit the day after release day to try it out.

matthook 04-23-2012 11:19 AM

Tested it out and beat it after 1 hour play on each character, Demon hunter was by far my fave, monk was pretty cool

PoorMansCamaro 04-23-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthook (Post 4851253)
Tested it out and beat it after 1 hour play on each character, Demon hunter was by far my fave, monk was pretty cool

well that pretty much turned me off on this game. that sucks.

djsnoflake 04-23-2012 06:58 PM

Should clarify, 'Beating the game' consisted of like 1 level of the game. It was a demo

PoorMansCamaro 04-23-2012 07:04 PM

oh. lol

Mindz 04-23-2012 09:35 PM

The beta apparantly is 1/3 of Act 1. Diablo II had 5 acts. The game world is going to be pretty large and this game is a hack/slash/loot game. The auctionhouse addition is going to be cool. No more scamming.

I don't think PVP in arenas will be fun for me. It's going to turn into MF PvM so you can pvp in arenas for mounts...Similar to another blizzard game...

I'm still not sure if I'll buy this or skip it. The most appealing thing about Diablo is the fact that it's not a monthly subscription.

Someone sway me one way or the other.

djsnoflake 04-23-2012 09:59 PM

I don't know, I really liked it and I hated Diablo 2. The idea of having craftsmen that follow you around and you can upgrade them is really appealing to me.

I also like the new art style and the simple and yet complex leveling system. So many different builds possible out of the choices.

It was neat.

BigCarrot 04-27-2012 02:31 PM

The next 2 weeks can't go by fast enough!!!

matthook 04-30-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 4853709)
Should clarify, 'Beating the game' consisted of like 1 level of the game. It was a demo

Yeah, DJ is right, i meant the open beta not the entire game