Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE sub 3 minute time. Which course? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214474)

tooslow 04-05-2012 02:41 PM

1LE sub 3 minute time. Which course?
 
I've searched several threads, but I cannot find which course or configuration the 1LE ran at VIR. Was it the 4.1 mile Grand West Course, which is what Car & Driver uses for its annual Lightning Lap event (which is actually the least used configuration there) or was it the 3.27 Full Course? The Boss 302's time of 3:02 was on the 4.1 mile course, so I'd really like to know which course the sub 3 minute 1LE run was made on. If it was the full course, a sub 3 run is not that impressive as many cars commonly run mid-to-low 2's on the Full Course.

The way it's being talked up, I sure hope it is the Grand West and not the Full configuration.

monstertodd 04-05-2012 03:48 PM

:popcorn:

The IOM Ninja 04-05-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 4761636)
I've searched several threads, but I cannot find which course or configuration the 1LE ran at VIR. Was it the 4.1 mile Grand West Course, which is what Car & Driver uses for its annual Lightning Lap event (which is actually the least used configuration there) or was it the 3.27 Full Course? The Boss 302's time of 3:02 was on the 4.1 mile course, so I'd really like to know which course the sub 3 minute 1LE run was made on. If it was the full course, a sub 3 run is not that impressive as many cars commonly run mid-to-low 2's on the Full Course.

The way it's being talked up, I sure hope it is the Grand West and not the Full configuration.

Yeah I'd like to know this too, I'm remaining skeptical until the car is actually seen running, I'm not gonna believe some words someone typed on the internet.... Sub three minutes could be any where from 2:59.00-2:59.99 for all we know until it is actually shown to us.

Sandor 04-05-2012 05:41 PM

Here is the story from the Chevrolet media site:

DETROIT – The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 with unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway’s Grand Course.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...ar/0327_camaro

The IOM Ninja 04-05-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandor (Post 4762472)
Here is the story from the Chevrolet media site:

DETROIT – The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 with unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway’s Grand Course.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...ar/0327_camaro

Okay and what is the time? Sub three minutes means about as much to me as 550+ horsepower. I want to know actual figures...

ffrcobra_65 04-05-2012 06:33 PM

Chevy sure loves publishing times for its pre-production cars. I predict that Chevy will let the media sample a pre-production 1LE only if it is compared against a standard 5.0 and not a Boss.

The IOM Ninja 04-05-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 4762689)
Chevy sure loves publishing times for its pre-production cars. I predict that Chevy will let the media sample a pre-production 1LE only if it is compared against a standard 5.0 and not a Boss.

Now now, Ford tested a preproduction 13 GT500 Vert too......








......against a 12 Coupe :sm0:

tooslow 04-05-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandor (Post 4762472)
Here is the story from the Chevrolet media site:

DETROIT – The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 with unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway’s Grand Course.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...ar/0327_camaro

Thanks. So it was a Grand course, we just don't know if it was East or West. If it was East, then the sub 3 time is impressive, as it is 4.2 miles versus the West's 4.1.

DGthe3 04-06-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 (Post 4762689)
Chevy sure loves publishing times for its pre-production cars. I predict that Chevy will let the media sample a pre-production 1LE only if it is compared against a standard 5.0 and not a Boss.

Based on what, exactly? GM didn't put any restrictions on what the ZL1 could be compared against. Why would they do it for the 1LE?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.