Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Meets and Events (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Cinco de Camaro Canyon Cruise - 5/5/12 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214866)

Schmidty 04-07-2012 03:47 PM

Cinco de Camaro Canyon Cruise - May 5, 2012
 
1 Attachment(s)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...DeCamaro-1.gif

T-SHIRTS ARE HERE! BRING YOUR $20 to RACELEGAL on 5/4 or to THE CRUISE on 5/5! Pics in post #171.

We had an awesome turnout at RaceLegal with 22 Camaros, 2 Corvettes, and 1 TransAm! Several of you have requested a cruise so I am looking to put one together that I think will give us a great ride and plenty of time to make plans so you can make it! The route has been driven by tadams72, robscamaro, Gonzo, and boltvette and I hear it is pretty awesome!

When: Saturday, May 5, 2012
Pre-Meet for North County/Central San Diego: 715AM at Staples in Mission Valley (1880 Camino de la Reina). Leave at 7:30AM.
Meet: 8:00AM at East Lake Lowe's (2225 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA). Leave at 9:00AM.
Where: San Diego to Campo via SR 94.
Distance: About 80 miles roundtrip.
Stops: Lunch at Barret Junction Cafe just east of Dulzura
Duration: Approx 3 hours
T-Shirt: $20 for a black t-shirt with Cruise logo on front and SoCal Camaro5 logo on sleeve. See post #68 for pics. Please post or PM to reserve your shirt by April 28th.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...A-94-Route.gif

We should be able to get out and back in time for you to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the Gaslamp or with your family! So let's start the RSVP list!

1. Kali4nia58 (Shirt size: L)
2. Shaunn SS (Shirt size: M)
3. oTToBoT87 (Shirt size: Ladies S)
4. HellHound84 (Shirt size: L)
5. s1k0 (Shirt size: S)
6. BlAcK MaMbA SS (Shirt size: XL and L)
7. GunnyG (Shirt size: L)
8. Autobahn (Shirt size: M)
9. robscamaro (Shirt size: XL)
10. ChargedCamaro (Shirt size: L)
11. arod55 (Shirt size: L)
12. Navycorpsman (Shirt size: M)
13. DET MSCL (Shirt size: L and Ladies M)
14. christianmotox (Shirt size: M)
15. Cmlloveless
16. boltvette (Corvette) (Shirt size: L)
17. Z28racer (Shirt size: M)
18. chevysailorLS
19. Gonzo (Shirt size: M)
20. Cyber_Camaro5 (Shirt size: L)
21. JustLauren (Shirt size: Ladies XS)
22. That My Babe (Shirt size: XL and L)
23. Trish (Lars's friend)
24. decepticon-vert (Shirt size: XL)
25. Fear LS
26. SD2011SS
27. Friend of SD2011SS
28. 210camaross
29.
30.

Roadbook (Map and Tips) Attached.

SD2011SS 04-07-2012 05:39 PM

Trying to get the day off dude! >.<

oTToBoT87 04-07-2012 05:55 PM

im in!!

edit: HellHound84 is in also

909Camaro! 04-07-2012 06:34 PM

I like that banner its bad ass!!:drinking:

DET MSCL 04-07-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 909Camaro! (Post 4771585)
I like that banner its bad ass!!:drinking:

Ditto that! :popcorn:

Putting it in my Calendar, though CCSD has a similar cruise April 21st...one, the other...or BOTH!?!
:iono:

s1k0 04-07-2012 08:21 PM

70% in, unless something happens.

SD2011SS 04-07-2012 08:28 PM

Just found out I can't get the day off.. lame :/ I wanted to do this cruise so badly

Schmidty 04-07-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oTToBoT87 (Post 4771420)
im in!!

edit: HellHound84 is in also

Awesome! :drinking:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 909Camaro! (Post 4771585)
I like that banner its bad ass!!:drinking:

Thanks bro! I'm a bit of an amateur but I had fun making it. :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DET MSCL (Post 4771922)
Ditto that! :popcorn:

Putting it in my Calendar, though CCSD has a similar cruise April 21st...one, the other...or BOTH!?!
:iono:

Oh man...both! If I would have known I would have tried to see if we could do this together. Thought Cinco de Camaro would make for a fun and memorable event! :w00t:

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1k0 (Post 4771973)
70% in, unless something happens.

I put ya down cuz I know you will make it happen! :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD2011SS (Post 4772009)
Just found out I can't get the day off.. lame :/ I wanted to do this cruise so badly

Quit. Just kidding. Bummed we will miss you on this one, but next time for sure. :chevy:

alexpdbz 04-07-2012 08:47 PM

I would go, but my POS tires won't handle it. I've already put them to the test

BlAcK MaMbA SS 04-07-2012 09:25 PM

80% I am going, really will try to make this.

GunnyG 04-07-2012 10:51 PM

Lars, this is awesome bro! I'm out of town til May 4th. Put me as a maybe. I hope my trip doesnt get extended.

Schmidty 04-07-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlAcK MaMbA SS (Post 4772281)
80% I am going, really will try to make this.

Awesome! I'm sure you will make it happen! :paddle: :sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpdbz (Post 4772104)
I would go, but my POS tires won't handle it. I've already put them to the test

Bummer. Hope you can make it to the next RaceLegal. Will be posting up an RSVP list in that thread later in the week. :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnyG (Post 4772773)
Lars, this is awesome bro! I'm out of town til May 4th. Put me as a maybe. I hope my trip doesnt get extended.

Thanks, Aaron! You were the first member I met and I really enjoy this club...much better than my old 5series club. :thumb up: Just need someone to take the lead on some events and get people excited about them. I knew when I was putting this one together that you would likely be back to I am gonna count on it! :thumbup:

Autobahn 04-08-2012 02:27 AM

Cool banner!
I have final exams in the week after that, so put me as a maybe as well.

robscamaro 04-08-2012 10:09 AM

Guaca ca ca mole!!! Im down for the cruise. For those of you that have not been on this cruise you will most definately have some fun. Dont miss out!!

Rob

GunnyG 04-08-2012 10:17 AM

Lars, what time you planning on heading out? That way if I can make it, I can hook up with oTTo and H3lLH0uNd, maybe grab erk. I'm still tentative, but excited!!!

ChargedCamaro 04-08-2012 12:05 PM

I will only go if I have a real life sombrero for my car!

Schmidty 04-08-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnyG (Post 4773971)
Lars, what time you planning on heading out? That way if I can make it, I can hook up with oTTo and H3lLH0uNd, maybe grab erk. I'm still tentative, but excited!!!

I messaged Rob for his thoughts on meet-up spot and time. Will post when I got all the info together. :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro (Post 4774338)
I will only go if I have a real life sombrero for my car!

Ok so far I am out 2 cases of Red Bull and a sombrero to get you to help me plasti-dip my wheels and to get you to drive your f*ing car. Ha! This is becoming an expensive friendship. Er...ok so I get the Red Bull for free...but I draw the line at the sombrero. You and Cousin It are on the list. Bring the waitress with the Budweiser tramp stamp. Now about those wheels... :drinking:

ChargedCamaro 04-08-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kali4nia58 (Post 4774431)
I messaged Rob for his thoughts on meet-up spot and time. Will post when I got all the info together. :thumbup:



Ok so far I am out 2 cases of Red Bull and a sombrero to get you to help me plasti-dip my wheels and to get you to drive your f*ing car. Ha! This is becoming an expensive friendship. Er...ok so I get the Red Bull for free...but I draw the line at the sombrero. You and Cousin It are on the list. Bring the waitress with the Budweiser tramp stamp. Now about those wheels... :drinking:

Whoa Whoa Whoa man!! Im getting shafted here.. 2 cases :facepalm:... I thought we agreed it was 76 cases!

Ok Ok, I guess I can go without you providing a sombrero for my car, But I will have to have a case of redbull!

We need to have a Plastic Dip Party and have everyone come over and plastic dip there wheels, grills, etc etc

robscamaro 04-08-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpdbz (Post 4772104)
I would go, but my POS tires won't handle it. I've already put them to the test


I call :bs: Your tires should be fine. It is just a cruise. :laughabove:

Schmidty 04-08-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro (Post 4774928)
Whoa Whoa Whoa man!! Im getting shafted here.. 2 cases :facepalm:... I thought we agreed it was 76 cases!

Ok Ok, I guess I can go without you providing a sombrero for my car, But I will have to have a case of redbull!

We need to have a Plastic Dip Party and have everyone come over and plastic dip there wheels, grills, etc etc

Aright bro...I will get you two cases of Red Bull when I am at work next on the 17th. You drive a hard bargain, but I give in. :sm0: So when is this Plasti-Dip party. Don't be a tease. :) I'll bring the beer. My car feels naked with these Midnight Silver rims. Not all of us can have Charged Camaros. :thumbsup:

arod55 04-08-2012 08:16 PM

I will probably go on the cruise and well be bringing up the rear. Last time it was hard keeping up with the Corvettes & youngsters. I will bring the Tequila. :drinking: :drinking:

Obzen 04-08-2012 10:12 PM

damn been waiting for a cruise but I'm out of town that weekend. Bummer :(

Navycorpsman 04-08-2012 10:45 PM

There is a outdoor gun range that I use off that road I might just have to bring my rifle to this one

Schmidty 04-08-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arod55 (Post 4776013)
I will probably go on the cruise and well be bringing up the rear. Last time it was hard keeping up with the Corvettes & youngsters. I will bring the Tequila. :drinking: :drinking:

Glad you will be joining us Armando! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obzen (Post 4776504)
damn been waiting for a cruise but I'm out of town that weekend. Bummer :(

Won't be the last cruise. Maybe you can still join us for RaceLegal. Check out that thread later this week to RSVP. :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navycorpsman (Post 4776637)
There is a outdoor gun range that I use off that road I might just have to bring my rifle to this one

I'll put you in the list! :headbang:

alexpdbz 04-09-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robscamaro (Post 4775127)
I call :bs: Your tires should be fine. It is just a cruise. :laughabove:

If I remember correctly, you hit at least 130mph on the last "cruise". I also just realized that I'm going to be out of town that weekend again. I'll bring you back something from El Paso.

When's the Plasti Dip party? Do we get a thread and cool logo for that too? :laugh: And perhaps more importantly... more red bull. I just plasti dipped my tail light bezels yesterday and wanna do my wheels soon too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.