Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Video: Double ZL1 dyno day at Lingenfelter (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215600)

Graham Behan 04-10-2012 06:42 PM

Video: Double ZL1 dyno day at Lingenfelter
 
2 Attachment(s)


Thought you might like this!

Results: 518hp / 513lb-ft torque

Quote:

2012 ZL1's # 214 and 225 getting thrashed on the dyno before our upgrades begin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8LDrTgD-uQ

SlingShot 04-10-2012 06:50 PM

What NO numbers !!!!


Better ...

tpower 04-10-2012 06:58 PM

Man thats just wrong Total ZL1 Porn and no finish NUMBERS??????

Blue Menace 04-10-2012 07:10 PM

Agreed! Do any new owners have plans to dyno their car soon?

vetehead 04-10-2012 07:18 PM

That's bulls**t......doing that to us!!!:laugh:

Pgoldston 04-10-2012 07:23 PM

500-510 is what was posted on yellowbullet from this same video, as well note thats on a mustangdyno

1st Gen Forever 04-10-2012 07:30 PM

I'll be dynoing right after breakin but my ZL1 is still on a train so I'm sure numbers will be out by the time I do it! Hoping to go pulley and tune right away though.

Graham Behan 04-10-2012 07:48 PM

#'s
 
Numbers are 500-511 at tstat temp, cooler best runoff 524 rwhp. Torque was 490-504 same conditions. We will test intake pullies etc over the next few days and post them up.

2010 SSRS 04-10-2012 07:51 PM

wow, that video is awesome, those ZL1's sound great

radz28 04-10-2012 08:59 PM

That sounds similar to what a recent V' put down. That sounds a little more than 580 :)

JMAN311 04-10-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Behan (Post 4786023)
Numbers are 500-511 at tstat temp, cooler best runoff 524 rwhp. Torque was 490-504 same conditions. We will test intake pullies etc over the next few days and post them up.

Are they both manual transmissions? I'm hoping for some auto numbers.

JMAN311 04-10-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 4786456)
That sounds similar to what a recent V' put down. That sounds a little more than 580 :)

Yeah, only 12-13% loss, instead of the typical 15%...might be more like 600 at the crank, or just less loss through the drivetrain. Maybe the auto's will put down 480-490RWHP....

tomsws6 04-10-2012 11:07 PM

zl1 on dyno
 
Saw this over on the bullet and thought you guys might like it.

Quote:

2012 ZL1's # 214 and 225 getting thrashed on the dyno before our upgrades begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8LDrTgD-uQ

Lgndryhr 04-10-2012 11:20 PM

:confused0068: :headbang:

Mr. Wyndham 04-10-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Behan (Post 4785639)
Thought you might like this!

I dunno how one of those ZL1s can be #214.....214 is my car. :laugh:

I LOVE that video...right around 2:37, I think - you can hear the valve slap open and the car ROAR!! :drool: :bow:

2010SLVRBULIT 04-10-2012 11:27 PM

why mess with perfection?:rolleyes:btw, it's out of gas...

SUX2BU 04-11-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAN311 (Post 4786524)
Yeah, only 12-13% loss, instead of the typical 15%...might be more like 600 at the crank, or just less loss through the drivetrain. Maybe the auto's will put down 480-490RWHP....

12-13% is what regular M6 SS have for drive train loss since they dyno about high 360s low 370s. I think 580 hp is pretty accurate.
The autos are usually about 40 rwhp lower, so I'm guesstimating they an auto ZL1 would dyno about 460 ish.

RLHMARINES 04-11-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 4787383)
12-13% is what regular M6 SS have for drive train loss since they dyno about high 360s low 370s. I think 580 hp is pretty accurate.
The autos are usually about 40 rwhp lower, so I'm guesstimating they an auto ZL1 would dyno about 460 ish.

But isn't that using the factor from a L99 auto comparison vs a LS3 m6 instead of an auto CTS-V vs m6 CTS-V or did I misunderstand.

mlee 04-11-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUX2BU (Post 4787383)
12-13% is what regular M6 SS have for drive train loss since they dyno about high 360s low 370s. I think 580 hp is pretty accurate.
The autos are usually about 40 rwhp lower, so I'm guesstimating they an auto ZL1 would dyno about 460 ish.

There won't be 40 rwhp difference on the ZL1 (More like 20)

The LSA flywheel hp is the same 580 for Auto or Manual where as the L99 is 26hp less than the LS3 right off the bat.

Bad@ssCamaro 04-11-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4787141)
I dunno how one of those ZL1s can be #214.....214 is my car. :laugh:

I LOVE that video...right around 2:37, I think - you can hear the valve slap open and the car ROAR!! :drool: :bow:

And it's not SIM...:facepalm: :rolleyes:

But they do sound AWESOME!!!

SUX2BU 04-11-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLHMARINES (Post 4787429)
But isn't that using the factor from a L99 auto comparison vs a LS3 m6 instead of an auto CTS-V vs m6 CTS-V or did I misunderstand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4787432)
There won't be 40 rwhp difference on the ZL1 (More like 20)

The LSA flywheel hp is the same 580 for Auto or Manual where as the L99 is 26hp less than the LS3 right off the bat.

Oops, yeah, I forgot the auro guys get jipped 26 HP. Yeah, 20 rwhp is better.

Coolidge 04-11-2012 07:11 AM

Puffs out the right tailpipe at 2:36 and 3:32 any cause for concern? Nothing out of the left that I can see.

newmoon 04-11-2012 07:23 AM

500+ rwhp, and 520 rwtq, from the factory on a mustang dyno. Nothing wrong with those numbers at all. Now lets see what Lingenfelter does with them from here.

zfuzz 04-11-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolidge (Post 4787832)
Puffs out the right tailpipe at 2:36 and 3:32 any cause for concern? Nothing out of the left that I can see.

Yeah I saw that too, hmmm, I am not a mechanic but I would be concerned if it was mine. Maybe there is something to the suggested break in period.

Coolidge 04-11-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zfuzz (Post 4787869)
Yeah I saw that too, hmmm, I am not a mechanic but I would be concerned if it was mine. Maybe there is something to the suggested break in period.

That it puffed from one side of the engine and not the other is what got my attention.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.