Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Zl1 drag wheel (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222095)

506JTF 05-07-2012 06:42 PM

Zl1 drag wheel
 
Looking for an 18" drag wheel that fits over the rear break caliper on the zl1. Would appreciate any ideas or links. If you have a setup with an 18" wheel + drag racial/slick. Feel free to post pics :)

Sprspt 05-07-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 506JTF (Post 4925549)
Looking for an 18" drag wheel that fits over the rear break caliper on the zl1. Would appreciate any ideas or links. If you have a setup with an 18" wheel + drag racial/slick. Feel free to post pics :)

Weld 17" RT-S wheels with Hoosier 28x10" slicks with skinnies upfront.
Fit perfect. No grinding
Just have to order wheels for stock SS and they will fit the Zl1 also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Stop/Welds.jpg

Rice Killer 05-07-2012 08:52 PM

I was under the impression that the zl1 needed 18" wheels to clear the brakes. That's awesome if not!

Sprspt, Do you have any runs with those on there yet?

Sprspt 05-07-2012 09:02 PM

100 percent stock just slicks and skinnies.
11.43 @ 120.88
Video and pics when we get home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/IMG_3373.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/IMG_3375.jpg

11.43
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ent=1143-1.mp4

11.46
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rrent=1146.mp4[/QUOTE]

506JTF 05-07-2012 09:17 PM

Wow. That's impressive! Did you use ptm5 and launch mode? On stock tires we have been gettin lower 60 ft times in ptm3 and launch mode, rather than revving to 3-4k and letting the clutch out. Very impressive numbers

506JTF 05-07-2012 09:20 PM

Scratch the launch part. I watched the video and you seem to have the auto trans

CAM....ZL1 05-07-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprspt (Post 4925929)
Weld 17" RT-S wheels with Hoosier 28x10" slicks with skinnies upfront.
Fit perfect. No grinding
Just have to order wheels for stock SS and they will fit the Zl1 also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Stop/Welds.jpg

Where did you order them and what was the cost

tandtperformance 05-07-2012 09:37 PM

Tires
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprspt (Post 4925929)
Weld 17" RT-S wheels with Hoosier 28x10" slicks with skinnies upfront.
Fit perfect. No grinding
Just have to order wheels for stock SS and they will fit the Zl1 also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Stop/Welds.jpg

What size front tires did u use

Sprspt 05-07-2012 10:16 PM

Bought them off a close Freind who ran them on his SS. I will post the exact sizes tomorrow have to go to the shop to grab them.

Z69 05-09-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprspt (Post 4926942)
Bought them off a close Freind who ran them on his SS. I will post the exact sizes tomorrow have to go to the shop to grab them.

Looks good looking for the same set up what tire size did you use?

Sprspt 05-10-2012 05:52 PM

28 x 10 / 17 out back
28 x 4.5 / 17 up front

EDsTT 05-11-2012 12:24 AM

how much lower is the zl1 than a ss ? do your welds hit the lower control arms ?

Sprspt 05-13-2012 10:50 PM

No issues what so ever.
Bolted them on and went to the track. No rubbing anywhere.

mlee 05-13-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprspt (Post 4926490)
100 percent stock just slicks and skinnies.
11.43 @ 120.88
Video and pics when we get home.

Nice run... you should start a new thread for this one... PTM 5 I assume... have you tried other modes?

I think we are going to have an easier time w/ tires/wheels on the ZL1... little more room back there now and the Brembos only got bigger on the front...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.