Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I drove my 2010 around the track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway!!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22217)

richardhoggard 05-10-2009 03:46 PM

I drove my 2010 around the track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway!!!
 
8 Attachment(s)
As featured on homepage.

I got the opportunity to drive my car around the track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday for Pole Day 2009! It was pretty awesome, but we only got to go 35 MPH, wish it would have been faster... I have pics and video, and I am going to try to upload them.




ssdavidw 05-10-2009 03:52 PM

That's awesome! Love the pictures.

WhoDat24 05-10-2009 03:54 PM

nice. lots of camaros. must have been a cool experience.

Panther67 05-10-2009 03:55 PM

Sweet
 
Very good pics Rich im very impressed nice job keep up the good work wish i could have been there and why did they not let you drive over 35mph i bet that must of been disappointing sorry to hear that none the less you must of had fun....:thumbsup:

sid99 05-10-2009 03:59 PM

only 35 come on that blows but sweet pics man

camaroqueen 05-10-2009 04:08 PM

SWEEEEET
 
Very cool pics! What an awesome experience!:thumbup:
35 MPH, man that blows!:barf:

"prima"Donna 05-10-2009 04:11 PM

:w00t:Awesome!!!!...you are def deserving of such an honor for your service to our country and also to be the first forum member to receive their car...my Dad, who recently passed away, was a huge fan of the INDY 500, and I am too, as well as a huge NASCAR fan...love seeing all those beautiful Camaros going around the "Brickyard"...must have been a very exciting experience...thanks for sharing your photos with us!!!:coolpics:

2Muchmark 05-10-2009 04:12 PM

I have to admit I was jumping through the videos to see where you finally stepped on the gas, but you never did. Why the 35mph speed limit? (And didn't that just drive you crazy?)

richardhoggard 05-10-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Muchmark (Post 474412)
I have to admit I was jumping through the videos to see where you finally stepped on the gas, but you never did. Why the 35mph speed limit? (And didn't that just drive you crazy?)

The speed limit was for safety reasons... There were probably 150-200 cars on the track all at the same time, probably would have gotten really bad if it was fast. It did bug me a little to be going so slow, but it was still a great time.

"prima"Donna 05-10-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 474411)
:w00t:Awesome!!!!...you are def deserving of such an honor for your service to our country and also to be the first forum member to receive their car...my Dad, who recently passed away, was a huge fan of the INDY 500, and I am too, as well as a huge NASCAR fan...love seeing all those beautiful Camaros going around the "Brickyard"...must have been a very exciting experience...thanks for sharing your photos with us!!!:coolpics:

did you get to "kiss the bricks" after your ride?...LOL...

richardhoggard 05-10-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 474422)
did you get to "kiss the bricks" after your ride?...LOL...

I wish I could have... that would have been sweet. I tried to get them to let me park on the bricks and take a picture, but they wouldn't.

richardhoggard 05-10-2009 04:34 PM

OK... I got both videos uploaded... the guy that was taking the video kinda made it boring because he only looked out the windshield, but I still think its pretty cool.

tones2SS 05-10-2009 06:06 PM

That is awesome.
Once in a lifetime experience. Glad you took photos and a video.:w00t::headbang:

mfr1950 05-10-2009 08:09 PM

If my Camaro had been delivered to the dealer by now I'd be there too!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.