Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   "Possible" ZL1 SPARE Tire Combo - Part #19257799 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225661)

htron50 05-22-2012 02:07 PM

"Possible" ZL1 SPARE Tire Combo - Part #19257799
 
My local dealer looked up the part number for an 18" rim that comes loaded with a 4" tire and a jack assembly as a kit. He did not know if it "fits the ZL1" or not, and did not have one in stock to "test".... And, since it is "special order", I did not want to order it if it wouldn't fit.

If any of you ZL1 Owners or sponsors knows if the rim/tire combo offered as part # 19257799 will work and fit ALL corners of the ZL1, please let us know! It's about a $250 cost... cheaper than a tow truck and interrupted trip.

Since this IS ZL1 specific request, I hope MODS will see this as a ZL1 specific topic and not move the thread. Thanks in advance.

Blue Menace 05-22-2012 02:47 PM

Interesting. I'm curious, too.

radrace19 05-22-2012 03:06 PM

That is the V6 spare tire kit.
Listed as fitting the EE, and EF models
EE - Camaro LS
EF - Camaro LT
EH - Camaro LT2
ES - Camaro SS
ET - Camaro SS2
EY - Camaro ZL1

dimitri 05-22-2012 03:18 PM

me too....... maybe if we get enough camaro 5 members we can do a group buy.

HDRDTD 05-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 5004382)
My local dealer looked up the part number for an 18" rim that comes loaded with a 4" tire and a jack assembly as a kit. He did not know if it "fits the ZL1" or not, and did not have one in stock to "test".... And, since it is "special order", I did not want to order it if it wouldn't fit.

If any of you ZL1 Owners or sponsors knows if the rim/tire combo offered as part # 19257799 will work and fit ALL corners of the ZL1, please let us know! It's about a $250 cost... cheaper than a tow truck and interrupted trip.

Since this IS ZL1 specific request, I hope MODS will see this as a ZL1 specific topic and not move the thread. Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do is to send a message to BeckyD and she can ask Maureen.

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet 05-22-2012 03:57 PM

Just checked with Maureen - it won't clear the brakes :mad0260:

HDRDTD 05-22-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 5005207)
Just checked with Maureen - it won't clear the brakes :mad0260:

And there's your answer.

dimitri 05-22-2012 05:29 PM

That stinks

dimitri 05-22-2012 05:30 PM

How about used cts v rim
Or better yet maybe we can find out if cts v comes with a spare.

htron50 05-22-2012 08:07 PM

ok ....thanks ...search goes on!

OldScoolCamaro 05-22-2012 08:27 PM

Onstar for help.....;)

ZoomZoom 05-23-2012 03:14 PM

Anyone know if a 5th gen ss wheel will work?

HDRDTD 05-23-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoomZoom (Post 5011191)
Anyone know if a 5th gen ss wheel will work?

A 5th Gen 20" wheel may clear the brakes, but it doesn't fit in the spare tire well.

That's why they give you a tire pump and a can of fix-a-flat.

Wizard1183 05-23-2012 03:30 PM

If you search the spare tire threads in the SS forums, youll find an email addy for a guy that sells the SS spare with jack, tire tool and spacer. Id assume it would fit but ask him. It sold for $500 when I purchased it. And it fit in the wheel well of the trunk. Goodluck!

ZoomZoom 05-23-2012 03:45 PM

I'm going to pull one off my 2010 and see. I will be headed to fbod gathering this weekend and do not want to leave with a 3 dollar can of fix-a-flat. thanks.

ZoomZoom 05-24-2012 07:33 PM

Just took the front tire off the 2010 and it does clear the rotor on the z. Just fyi. Loaded up for the trip to Fbod. :happyanim:

JFWJR179 04-19-2013 02:31 PM

Warning ***

The 18 X 4 donut spare tire GM part# 1257799
does not fit the ZL1 Camaro as stated on camaro5.

The 18 inch wheel will not clear the front Brembo brake caliper
I just tested it on my ZL1 and it will not fit. ! :emoticon1:
Apparently there is no official GM spare tire donut for the ZL1. :thumbdown:

Azzkker 04-19-2013 11:46 PM

If you are wanting spare wheels that will clear the brakes, the cts-v spare setup will work.

Z51Stingray 06-25-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzkker (Post 6445524)
If you are wanting spare wheels that will clear the brakes, the cts-v spare setup will work.

Well, post the part #'s!!!

1 MOXIE Z 06-25-2013 11:54 AM

Thanx for the info! Will look into cts-v spare .For longer road trips its one less headache to think about.

eric2014rs 05-05-2014 09:41 PM

3rd Party Option
 
http://shop.performancespare.com/CAM...ros-SS-ZL1.htm

They claim to resolve the break issue.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.