Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   RACEBUM - Ready for Texas (R.I.P. Phil) [COTW 3/11/13] (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229687)

racebum 06-10-2012 02:04 PM

RACEBUM - Ready for Texas (R.I.P. Phil) [COTW 3/11/13]
 
21 Attachment(s)
Loaded and waiting until Friday to leave for my June 18th appointment at Hennessey's. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Attachment 478504

Attachment 478864

Attachment 478631

Attachment 383442

Attachment 383443

Attachment 383444

Attachment 478500

Attachment 478501

Attachment 478502

Attachment 478527

Attachment 478528

Attachment 478529

Attachment 478530

Attachment 478531

Attachment 478587

Attachment 478588

Attachment 478589

Attachment 478632

Attachment 478865

Attachment 478867

Attachment 478866


http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1361980762 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1361980762 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1361980762


http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps739a9cd2.jpg

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images.../wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...dern07/020.jpg

Hellfighter 06-10-2012 02:10 PM

nice ss

racebum 06-10-2012 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures are backwards. That picture is a picture of the 2010 Hennessey 600. Here is the ZL1 that is making the trip.

01pewterz28 06-10-2012 02:20 PM

I am still hitching a ride to Texas on the 2nd floor of the trailer I will turn the AC on and the TV

Deke736 06-10-2012 03:27 PM

Man that is a nice rig! Looks like you'll be ridin' in style to Texas!

racebum 06-10-2012 03:44 PM

Life is all about looking good to get to the end. :>)
Had the rig when I road raced and held on to it to play with.

01pewterz28 06-10-2012 03:57 PM

Yea that is the Taj Mahal on wheels and the cars travel in style too:) I cannot wait until she is back from Texas to see what she can do

sammyv 06-10-2012 04:11 PM

Awesome! R u gettin the 700hp kit?

racebum 06-10-2012 04:20 PM

Just doing 650 this trip. Waited 5 months and 24 days on the Z. Would have to leave it at Hennessey for 30 days for the 700. Just don't want to let it go for that long right now. Want to play some first....will do 700 later.

RoketRdr 06-10-2012 05:14 PM

Just a word of caution. When you leave the Hennessey facility in Sealy it would not be wise to jump on I-10 and drop the hammer too quickly. The DPS patrol the area very heavily and they ARENT forgiving. :thumb down: I live 10 miles from there and have had my fill of getting stopped in the area. Also, anything over 100 mph and they can take you to jail on the spot and charge you with reckless endangerment. Maybe John will let you take it out on the track behind the facility. :thumbsup:

racebum 06-10-2012 05:23 PM

Thanks. I'll be driving the motor home out. Took the 600 on the road course and drag strip last time.

xx_ED_xx 06-10-2012 05:29 PM

Tow rig worth about 10 times the car sheesh

ADM PERFORMANCE 06-10-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racebum (Post 5102768)
Just doing 650 this trip. Waited 5 months and 24 days on the Z. Would have to leave it at Hennessey for 30 days for the 700. Just don't want to let it go for that long right now. Want to play some first....will do 700 later.

Wow 30 days Hmmmmm

mlee 06-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoketRdr (Post 5102924)
Just a word of caution. When you leave the Hennessey facility in Sealy it would not be wise to jump on I-10 and drop the hammer too quickly. The DPS patrol the area very heavily and they ARENT forgiving. :thumb down: I live 10 miles from there and have had my fill of getting stopped in the area. Also, anything over 100 mph and they can take you to jail on the spot and charge you with reckless endangerment. Maybe John will let you take it out on the track behind the facility. :thumbsup:

Wish you would have given me this warning three years ago when I left their facility. 1st on ramp... nailed it to hear my new exhaust for the first time and immediately got a ticket... and the speed limit is 70 out there...:facepalm:

What Camaros... all I see is one beautiful rig...

RoketRdr 06-10-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5103808)
Wish you would have given me this warning three years ago when I left their facility. 1st on ramp... nailed it to hear my new exhaust for the first time and immediately got a ticket... and the speed limit is 70 out there...:facepalm:

What Camaros... all I see is one beautiful rig...

LOL! Yep...they patrol heavily in that area and they have all the tricks down to catch you on the ramps so radar detectors are useless. They know Hennessey is there of course and there are several truck stops in the area as well so its heavily patrolled. BTW...the speed limit in Texas has been raised to 75 so expect them to be changing those signs in the area over the next year. :thumbsup:

alex33x 06-11-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE (Post 5103781)
Wow 30 days Hmmmmm

Andy could problaby do it in half the time, and half the price... Just saying :laugh:

2010ABM 06-11-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex33x (Post 5104353)
Andy could problaby do it in half the time, and half the price... Just saying :laugh:


:word:

2010 SSRS 06-11-2012 02:02 AM

Now that is absolutely awesome, wow

01pewterz28 06-11-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE (Post 5103781)
Wow 30 days Hmmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex33x (Post 5104353)
Andy could problaby do it in half the time, and half the price... Just saying :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010ABM (Post 5104605)
:word:

It's not that it would take 30 days to do all of the work but the backlog of cars they have to work on.

Not to mention doing the work anywhere else it will not be a Hennessey conversion it would be just another modified Camaro so what is the point.

Besides racebum and John H go way back so Hennessey is the only company he will let touch his cars.

sammyv 06-11-2012 11:36 AM

What kinda turn around on the 650 hp kit? Cant wait to hear your thoughts when finished!

01pewterz28 06-11-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyv (Post 5105958)
What kinda turn around on the 650 hp kit? Cant wait to hear your thoughts when finished!

If I recall 2-days I am sure he will love it he has the 600 pkg on his 2010 SS

kenkartasasmita 06-11-2012 12:03 PM

hold on, i think u posted in the wrong subforum. its not a zl1 tho.

01pewterz28 06-11-2012 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita (Post 5106122)
hold on, i think u posted in the wrong subforum. its not a zl1 tho.

Ah yea it's a ZL1 his other car is the 2010 SS Hennessey 600

JMAN311 06-11-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke736 (Post 5102648)
Man that is a nice rig! Looks like you'll be ridin' in style to Texas!

:word:

01pewterz28 06-11-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex33x (Post 5104353)
Andy could problaby do it in half the time, and half the price... Just saying :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010ABM (Post 5104605)
:word:

Racbum and Hennessey go ways back his 2010 is a HPE 600 so he wants to upgrade his ZL1 to the HPE650 it’s all personal taste as well as other factors price is not a factor in his decision. Down the road resale value will come into play and when you deal with a company like Hennessey, Lingenfelter, or Callaway these cars will bring in a higher premium because of the name. When you have a car that is worked on by ADM, Torq, ect… in the eyes of resale value it’s just another car that was worked on by another performance shop I am not saying the work they do is subpar I am not it’s just they just do not have the same prestige. If you had 2 ZL1’s side by side one that is a Hennessey HPE 650, and the other ZL1 that was worked on by Adam performance or Torq, or Vengeance Racing which ZL1 do you think will draw the most attention it also comes down to trust he knows the kind of work they do and you stick with what works.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.