Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   530 RW HP Hennessey Camaro SS Supercharged Video (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22982)

Hennessey Performance 05-15-2009 07:20 PM

530 RW HP Hennessey Camaro SS Supercharged Video
 





http://hennesseyperformance.com/images/Pic6.php?id=74




Stock it made 378 rear wheel hp. So we gained around 150 rear wheel hp and 140 rear wheel lb-ft torque with the following upgrades:

Magnuson Supercharger (6 psi)
Corsa Stainless Exhaust
Hennessey Cold Air Induction
Hennessey Tune

pharmd 05-15-2009 07:22 PM

I dont' know what to say...maybe we could start a new monaker, Camaro GT530...lol

Let the arguing re-commense...

ljustin293 05-15-2009 07:25 PM

:confused0068:

vega$ 05-15-2009 07:29 PM

nice to finally see some numbers.

davidj 05-15-2009 07:29 PM

:confused0068::w00t:

Crowley 05-15-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmd (Post 491232)
I dont' know what to say...maybe we could start a new monaker, Camaro GT530...lol

Let the arguing re-commense...

I would call it the Camaro GT600 since it is around 600 crank HP .. :)

Crowley

z28camaro2471 05-15-2009 07:41 PM

So with baselines of 378 at the wheels and 426 at the crank, assuming the same % drivetrain loss, that works out to be 597hp. Work on that tune to get it up to an even 600 hp!!!

Yes I know dynos are just tools for tuning and internet racing but pretty cool nonetheless.

CamaroSpike23 05-15-2009 07:44 PM

and it will only cost how much?

MrGazinya 05-15-2009 07:52 PM

7 LARGE

Andro 05-15-2009 07:57 PM

WOW!

Smokintires 05-15-2009 08:45 PM

That Corsa sounded different than what I expected. I thought it was going to sound like the C6 exhaust.

dankss 05-15-2009 09:37 PM

SICK!!

Camaro_Psycho 05-15-2009 11:29 PM

:happyanim:
 
Wow! Now those are some numbers!:respekt: That'll beat a GT500, and you'll save a couple thousand. But how do you guys think this will affect the MPG?

GTAHVIT 05-15-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Psycho (Post 491860)
Wow! Now those are some numbers!:respekt: That'll beat a GT500, and you'll save a couple thousand. But how do you guys think this will affect the MPG?

If you can keep your foot out of it, it might actually improve MPG...

But with the TVS2300 on there, keeping your foot out of the firewall is asking a lot.

:D

Camarofan123 05-16-2009 01:12 AM

I have one question, why is the engine moving around so much? Are the motor mounts loose or something? That doesn't look normal to me.

Gentry78 05-16-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarofan123 (Post 491977)
I have one question, why is the engine moving around so much? Are the motor mounts loose or something? That doesn't look normal to me.

lol no they just need some stiffer bushings now that they added so much torque

TAG UR IT 05-16-2009 02:00 AM

I sure wish I had the cash to play in THOSE reindeer games.

Gentry78 05-16-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 491879)
If you can keep your foot out of it, it might actually improve MPG...

But with the TVS2300 on there, keeping your foot out of the firewall is asking a lot.

:D

lol:word:
:Whoa5thGenSmall:

Phenix 05-16-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarofan123 (Post 491977)
I have one question, why is the engine moving around so much? Are the motor mounts loose or something? That doesn't look normal to me.


Chevy seems to be pretty anal about reducing interior noise and vibrations based on all the reviews so far. No doubt one of the key contributers to NVH reduction is squishy motor mounts.

Dentyneice 05-16-2009 08:36 AM

What would you need to get to stop the engine from rocking like that?

garagelogic 05-16-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 491289)
and it will only cost how much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGazinya (Post 491310)
7 LARGE

Yeah, you keep believing that.

I don't know how they teach math where you come from, but an unpolished blower alone is going to cost you, according to their site, $6800. (If you want the polished one in the video, fork over $7500). On top of that, this car has:

Corsa Exhuast System: $1450
CAI System: $395
Tune: $75?

If you just add up the unpolished blower, CAI and exhaust, your looking at $8600, not counting any labor or install costs.

Still, that's not a bad price for the power it makes.

Z_Rocks 05-16-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dentyneice (Post 492282)
What would you need to get to stop the engine from rocking like that?

You can use "Solid" engine mount, but man you feel the vibration and every time the AC comes on, it's like you got kicked from behind. This rocking WILL break the engine mount soon or later.

mmarcum 05-16-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagelogic (Post 492315)
Yeah, you keep believing that.

I don't know how they teach math where you come from, but an unpolished blower alone is going to cost you, according to their site, $6800. (If you want the polished one in the video, fork over $7500). On top of that, this car has:

Corsa Exhuast System: $1450
CAI System: $395
Tune: $75?

If you just add up the unpolished blower, CAI and exhaust, your looking at $8600, not counting any labor or install costs.

Still, that's not a bad price for the power it makes.


This is very true, but i'm willing to bet there will be a much cheaper CAI available in the near future, probably a better design than the Hennessey, too. And there will be cheaper exhausts than $1450 that will accomplish the same thing. But yes, it's definitely more than $7000 to get those numbers.

crail10 05-16-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmd (Post 491232)
I dont' know what to say...maybe we could start a new monaker, Camaro GT530...lol


Didn't Hennessey already dub this one a HPE550?

franknbeans 05-16-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagelogic (Post 492315)
Yeah, you keep believing that.

I don't know how they teach math where you come from, but an unpolished blower alone is going to cost you, according to their site, $6800. (If you want the polished one in the video, fork over $7500). On top of that, this car has:

Corsa Exhuast System: $1450
CAI System: $395
Tune: $75?

If you just add up the unpolished blower, CAI and exhaust, your looking at $8600, not counting any labor or install costs.

Still, that's not a bad price for the power it makes.


thanks for a level head.. . . and some of these guys want a SC Z28. .. yeah right. Who is going to fork over a extra 10-15k when there was complaining about the price of the 2ss


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.