Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What brand lowering springs?? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231447)

Ryan2011RS 06-18-2012 12:46 PM

What brand lowering springs??
 
Trying to decide between BMR, or Pedders but I'm open for other suggestions . Just trying to figure the differences between brands. Any one of them tighter or made better?? Want to lower but not TOO low. Don't want 1.4 drop but convince me ;)

PfadtRacing 06-18-2012 01:22 PM

You should definitely check out our Pfadt Race Engineering springs as well. We have them available for both the V8 and V6 cars. They will lower your car about 1.25" without a huge impact to ride quality or longevity of your factory shocks.

If you want to see how your car will settle out with Pfadt Drop springs be sure to check out our picture gallery! Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Photo Gallery

Apex Motorsports 06-18-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 5146437)
You should definitely check out our Pfadt Race Engineering springs as well. We have them available for both the V8 and V6 cars. They will lower your car about 1.25" without a huge impact to ride quality or longevity of your factory shocks.

If you want to see how your car will settle out with Pfadt Drop springs be sure to check out our picture gallery! Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Photo Gallery

:word: I would definitely add Pfadt lowering springs to your list. There are a lot of happy Apex Motorsports customers rocking them.

ActNup NY 06-18-2012 05:51 PM

Pdaft all day baby !!!! I very was skeptical at first. I did my research extensively I tell ya. But just with the springs (1.25) alone with the sport sway bars which are on it's way to make the marriage complete. I felt a tremdous difference in cornering. Jarrett and I emailed back and forth numerous of times with my questions and concerns. He help me out big time. Go with Pdaft you won't be disappointed:happyanim::headbang: Not to mention it gives your car the sickest stance ever.

BMR Sales 06-19-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS (Post 5146218)
Trying to decide between BMR, or Pedders but I'm open for other suggestions . Just trying to figure the differences between brands. Any one of them tighter or made better?? Want to lower but not TOO low. Don't want 1.4 drop but convince me ;)

We have a couple different springs setups available for people to fine tune their stance depending on what they are looking for. We have the 1" lowering springs, 1.4" lowering springs, and our split drop 1.4" front/1" rear for a distinct raked look. I am not real familiar about everyone elses springs but I can tell you that we feel it is hard to beat our springs as far as quality and affordability go. We have a lifetime warranty on our springs against sag so if you ever have an issue you are covered. If you have any questions or if there is something I can help you out with let me know.

Kyle

Mister-Camaro 06-19-2012 12:21 PM

Me and most of my friends are all on Eibachs

Dznts 06-19-2012 12:41 PM

i went with Pedders. But you couldnt go wrong with any manufacturer IMO.

mws444 06-19-2012 02:44 PM

While I am only a happy customer, I would give the edge to Pedders. I do track my car and the Pedders parts, and service have been second to none. Take some time and search this forum and you will find some of the others have had issues.
When you take price, service, performance, and quality It is my humble opinion that Pedders is way out front on every aspect.
I would suggest giving either Pete, the pres. a call or any one of his dealers, they will point you in the right direction and get you the most bang for your buck.

Ryan2011RS 06-19-2012 05:17 PM

Went with BMR. Although Pedders and pfadt are great and look amazing . But if your really gunna get the same results why buy the more expensive pair? Thanks for all the opinions tho guys

TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl 06-22-2012 05:40 PM

so when people talk about lowering springs effecting the longevity of the stock struts, is that something i really need to worry about??

*i know absolutely nothing about suspension (trying to learn) and really don't know what to do to improve my 2011 v6's handling. It's not like it's bad, but i've just done all the bolt ons for my engine so now its on to the next thing haha

Apex Motorsports 06-22-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl (Post 5173893)
so when people talk about lowering springs effecting the longevity of the stock struts, is that something i really need to worry about??

*i know absolutely nothing about suspension (trying to learn) and really don't know what to do to improve my 2011 v6's handling. It's not like it's bad, but i've just done all the bolt ons for my engine so now its on to the next thing haha

As long as you do not go too low you do not need to worry. Something in the 1 inch range will not dramatically impact service life but when you start talking about 1.5+ inch it will. Ride quality will also suck. Sway bars are one of the biggest bang for the buck suspension mods you can do. If you are looking to spice things up I would suggest looking into them. Feel free to PM me or give us a call anytime you have questions. That is what we are here for.

MRGOODWRENCH3 06-22-2012 08:55 PM

I love my PFADT springs. Looks and rides great.

BMR Sales 06-25-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS (Post 5154357)
Went with BMR. Although Pedders and pfadt are great and look amazing . But if your really gunna get the same results why buy the more expensive pair? Thanks for all the opinions tho guys

We definitely appreciate you using BMR Suspension for all your suspension and chassis needs. It is hard to beat the affordability of our springs especially considering they have a lifetime warranty and are made here in the USA. :flag2:

ajp 06-25-2012 11:34 AM

What about for people looking at a 1 inch drop only? I have a splitter and do not want to go lower.

gelboy1015 06-25-2012 12:17 PM

BMR 1" drop springs here. I love mine. Perfect stance. I only rub the front GFX lip every once in a while when Im not paying attention. Rides like stock to me.

Chainsaw6 06-25-2012 03:22 PM

I'm also new to suspension mods. What exactly do you need? Do you need the springs, sway bars and bushings? Is there anything else I would need?

BMR Sales 06-25-2012 05:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajp (Post 5185123)
What about for people looking at a 1 inch drop only? I have a splitter and do not want to go lower.

The 1" BMR lowering springs are good for anyone worried about ground clearance. They give the car a nice stance without sacrificing too much ground clearance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.