Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream Screwup!!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23460)

Blacksunshine 05-19-2009 02:43 PM

BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream Screwup!!!
 
To all those who ordered a 2010 Camaro from BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream,
WE GOT SCREWED !!!!

I am on the phone with GM District Sales Manager and here's what I was told:
BiCal Chevy had some computer ordering system failure (either new program, computers, or something) and all orders placed in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb were all "lost" and were re-ordered in March. We were all dropped down the list. Were any of you told about this?

So, as I'm typing, I get Mr. Francis Lynch on the phone who tells me the only way to expedite the order (possibly, and this is a big possibly) is to offer the dealer MORE allocations, making their orders a higher priority!!!! Great for GM to REWARD the screwup dealer by allowing him to sell more Camaro's!!!

Can anyone believe this crap? I'm not done...if you go high enough, one person can make the decision to make a black on black 2SS/RS the first car not already assigned a VIN mine.

[NO COZY SMILIES HERE]

KEEP WATCHING NBC NEWS FOR THE STORY....

tribone 05-19-2009 04:07 PM

:paddle::paddle::paddle::paddle::mad0259::mad0259: :mad0259::mad0259:

patriotpa 05-19-2009 05:02 PM

This smells a little funny. Post your order # and one of the dealer here can check on it for you.

Smokintires 05-19-2009 07:18 PM

wow that sucks I will be keeping tabs on that tho. I ordered from Huntington CHEVY so Im fine.

Hylton 05-19-2009 07:37 PM

:bs: Someone is full of it. Think about this for a second - when you order a car, it gets entered in Workbench which is a GM system, not a dealers system. The moment the order is in Workbench, it is with GM. Something smells really bad here...

Blacksunshine 05-19-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotpa (Post 501702)
This smells a little funny. Post your order # and one of the dealer here can check on it for you.

NJNJZJ

autoxfreak 05-22-2009 07:54 PM

got screwed too
 
My mother-in-law and i both ordered our camaros from apple chevy in york pa. she was no#1 and i was no#3 on their list sometime in march they called her to confirm her order before it went to production i was told in a week or two i'd get a call to confirm my order as well. five weeks went by and no call from my dealer yet so i called and the dealer told me they had already submitted my order. and to come down and go over it with them just to make sure everything was right( empty feeling in stomach) get down there and they had forgotten to order my rs package on my car. so naturally i get very upset and then the dealer tells me they will fix it. get a call yesterday from dealer that my car has arrived. then not even five minutes later the dealer calls and tells me they made a mistake. it was not my car it was the mistake car. i was like what do you mean mistake car??? back when they screwed my order up in march instead of fixing my order they kept this car for themselves and reordered in car for me. they just cost 4-5 months of wait time because my order seniority is now from march not december. I am thinking about cancelling my order with them and going somewhere else to order my car. so be warned don't order from apple chevy in york pa. oh yea my order # is D00353234 not that it means anything now!!! :mad0260::mad0260::mad0260::mad0260::mad0260::mad0 260::mad0260:

cyberbro 05-22-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksunshine (Post 501255)
To all those who ordered a 2010 Camaro from BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream,
WE GOT SCREWED !!!!

I am on the phone with GM District Sales Manager and here's what I was told:
BiCal Chevy had some computer ordering system failure (either new program, computers, or something) and all orders placed in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb were all "lost" and were re-ordered in March. We were all dropped down the list. Were any of you told about this?

So, as I'm typing, I get Mr. Francis Lynch on the phone who tells me the only way to expedite the order (possibly, and this is a big possibly) is to offer the dealer MORE allocations, making their orders a higher priority!!!! Great for GM to REWARD the screwup dealer by allowing him to sell more Camaro's!!!

Can anyone believe this crap? I'm not done...if you go high enough, one person can make the decision to make a black on black 2SS/RS the first car not already assigned a VIN mine.

[NO COZY SMILIES HERE]

KEEP WATCHING NBC NEWS FOR THE STORY....


I knew they were full of shit!
They always had one more allocation just for the next person in the door.

Also the computer story I'm sure is the cover story and not the real story.

jeffny09 05-22-2009 10:40 PM

yet this is all true i must say i know several people that ordered here my order number was changed but my car is on order im at 3300 right now and i ordered from them i heard from several people the orders were deleted by accident and it was re entered fishy yes-but i see no problem as my car is moving up the ranks- so for now i will not worry

RPO_Z28 05-23-2009 08:05 AM

I don't know the whole story but let me shed some light on this.

When you go in to check your preliminary orders (1100), there is a drop down menu that will allow you to delete every single order with two clicks. If the wrong person gets in to GM Order Workbench, this kind of thing could happen.

It sucks but sometimes shit happens.

Blacksunshine 05-28-2009 04:32 PM

Update: On 5/20, I took a shot at emailing the NA VP of Sales & Marketing. I guessed his email correctly and got a reply. On 5/21, my dealer called to say he got 4 cars accepted for production. No news story, but if you go high enough, you'll get shit done! Guess what? Now that I've seen a RJT in person, I want to change my order from black to RJT. I'll see if it can be done, I really hope so, the RJT looks so hot!

RPO_Z28 05-28-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksunshine (Post 527937)
Update: On 5/20, I took a shot at emailing the NA VP of Sales & Marketing. I guessed his email correctly and got a reply. On 5/21, my dealer called to say he got 4 cars accepted for production. No news story, but if you go high enough, you'll get shit done! Guess what? Now that I've seen a RJT in person, I want to change my order from black to RJT. I'll see if it can be done, I really hope so, the RJT looks so hot!

Are you in that group of 4?

2ndTimeAround 05-29-2009 09:31 PM

i ordered from bical 2nd week of november. i spoke to the GM there and he told me that yes, all the original orders were deleted and he re-issued me a new number. that was some time in april. mine was on constraint due to color so i was automatically in delay. according to my convo with him about 2 weeks ago my car was pulled for production. he said that he didn't know the exact event code but that it was between 2500-3700. that's all i know.

what i don't understand is exactly when were these orders supposedly deleted? my order was placed in early november and some time in december i got my welcome kit. so when the heck did this big delete happen?

2ndTimeAround 05-29-2009 09:36 PM

my original order # NFZS9J that they say was deleted

my re-issued order # NJNJT3

Blacksunshine 06-01-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 (Post 528093)
Are you in that group of 4?

Yes. Sorry, I was out of town for the w/e. I'm going to try the color change. I can 't believe how the dealer makes me feel like such a pain in the ass for asking these things. I'll let you know how it works out.

Blacksunshine 06-01-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndTimeAround (Post 532764)
i ordered from bical 2nd week of november. i spoke to the GM there and he told me that yes, all the original orders were deleted and he re-issued me a new number. that was some time in april. mine was on constraint due to color so i was automatically in delay. according to my convo with him about 2 weeks ago my car was pulled for production. he said that he didn't know the exact event code but that it was between 2500-3700. that's all i know.

what i don't understand is exactly when were these orders supposedly deleted? my order was placed in early november and some time in december i got my welcome kit. so when the heck did this big delete happen?

Sorry, out of town for the w/e. I got a second welcome kit. The delete supposedly happened in March, the re-orders were done within a few days. the person who deleted them was let go. That's all you can ask them to do, but not being up front about it bothers me...but what am I going to do? Stand on principle and take my order elsewhere and get the car next year? Not for this. I guess its not that serious.

2ndTimeAround 06-01-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksunshine (Post 540217)
Sorry, out of town for the w/e. I got a second welcome kit. The delete supposedly happened in March, the re-orders were done within a few days. the person who deleted them was let go. That's all you can ask them to do, but not being up front about it bothers me...but what am I going to do? Stand on principle and take my order elsewhere and get the car next year? Not for this. I guess its not that serious.

yea i here ya! i was so pissed at first that i almost canceled and re-ordered through another dealer. glad i didn't do anything in my state of anger. i would have been old and gray waitng for this car...LOL although seriously, there are some on this site that ordered feb/march and have gotten their cars already. but i know it's because of the model and engine they ordered that they have them so i'd still be waiting anyway. what can ya do, right?

Blacksunshine 06-01-2009 07:44 PM

I wonder if there's any way to know the constraints week by week, or whatever timeframe they work on.

2ndTimeAround 06-02-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksunshine (Post 541091)
I wonder if there's any way to know the constraints week by week, or whatever timeframe they work on.

if you search around the boards you'll probably find some info on them. my last correspondence about that was when they lifted thed CGM paint constraint. at that time the hurst shifter was still on constraint with no end in sight. don't know if that was ever lifted.

2ndTimeAround 06-02-2009 12:13 PM

did anyone ever receive a new workbench when their order was given a new number? i asked tge GM for one and he said why don't you come down to the dealer and i'll glady print you a copy? of course i never went down there but i don't see what the big deal was? why couldn't he email it? or even snailmail it?

10redrocket 06-02-2009 09:30 PM

Workbench
 
Orders are pulled from Workbench once a week on Thursdays.
They are not in the mainframe unless pulled.
So if someone hits delete or the dealers system crashes it is possible to lose orders.

Buby2 06-05-2009 10:42 AM

Hey to the guy that ordered from Huntington Chevy, I hate to give you the bad news but Huntington Chevy is OUT of Business. Good luck getting your deposit back.

Buby2 06-05-2009 10:44 AM

My god what a torture chamber just to order a car. Imagine if department stores operated like car dealers, who knows when you'll get your mechandise and at what new price? Screw GM

johnnyangel 07-21-2009 02:32 AM

Another Satisfied Bical customer
 
Well I ordered mine in March, I was told then 6 - 10 weeks, so at the end of May when I called to see how the order was coming I was told it wasnt on order that if I still wanted it it could be ordered then, of course my deposit was never returned on the order from March.

If I didnt call and was still waiting for a call that the car was there I still wouldnt know.

So at the end of May the order was placed, now 5 days ago I get a letter not even a phone call that they cant get me the car, no check with the letter and of course the salesman has not returned my calls, I have GM on it.

I found another dealer that can get me the car, well see I sincerly doubt it but maybe Ill be surprized.

Talking with Chevy though of course giving me the corporate retoric that they care but with the emphisis that they can not force the dealers into returning customer deposits but they will do all they can.

Is it any wonder why the auto makers are in the mess they are and of course taking advantage of us that want the camaro.

probably should have went with the challanger.

CamaroUser 07-21-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyangel (Post 703978)
Well I ordered mine in March, I was told then 6 - 10 weeks, so at the end of May when I called to see how the order was coming I was told it wasnt on order that if I still wanted it it could be ordered then, of course my deposit was never returned on the order from March.

If I didnt call and was still waiting for a call that the car was there I still wouldnt know.

So at the end of May the order was placed, now 5 days ago I get a letter not even a phone call that they cant get me the car, no check with the letter and of course the salesman has not returned my calls, I have GM on it.

I found another dealer that can get me the car, well see I sincerly doubt it but maybe Ill be surprized.

Talking with Chevy though of course giving me the corporate retoric that they care but with the emphisis that they can not force the dealers into returning customer deposits but they will do all they can.

Is it any wonder why the auto makers are in the mess they are and of course taking advantage of us that want the camaro.

probably should have went with the challanger.

A friend of mine has a dealership upstate. He has a 2SS RS coming in un-sold if you want or he can order one for you. he has allocation.

:chevy:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.