Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Redeem Thyself (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235035)

2cnd chance 07-03-2012 08:24 PM

Redeem Thyself
 
As much as I like the ZL1, the GT500 performance wise has trumped it. They had to with their "old" machine or go home. They also new that GM was using their '12 GT500 for comparison.

GM to now trump the Mustang lets see a Z28/LS7. It will give you the marketing payback that the Camaro deserves. It will at a competitive price put the hurts to the Boss LS. Giving the Camaro the title of domestic street/race car, not GT car. C'mon GM answer back with the Camaro's most revered weapon...the Z28!

:popcorn:

boxmonkeyracing 07-03-2012 09:01 PM

ugh. ford hasn't trumped the ZL1. the 13 gt500 is an amazing machine. but even motortrend showed it's short comings and that was it's brakes, and handling. the ZL1 still out handles it. I would love to see the ZL1 on par with power and what it could do then. I would still expect the 500 to have the 1/4 mile but it would be closer then you'd expect due to traction out of the hole with the wider tires on the ZL1.

I still think the LS7 is a pipe dream. I'm still a believer that gen V motor will be the one they choose for the Z28. if not that a revamped version of the ls3, ala grand sport. but I do believe they need the z28. sales just don't show it though.

2cnd chance 07-03-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 5233914)
ugh. ford hasn't trumped the ZL1. the 13 gt500 is an amazing machine. but even motortrend showed it's short comings and that was it's brakes, and handling. the ZL1 still out handles it. I would love to see the ZL1 on par with power and what it could do then. I would still expect the 500 to have the 1/4 mile but it would be closer then you'd expect due to traction out of the hole with the wider tires on the ZL1.

I still think the LS7 is a pipe dream. I'm still a believer that gen V motor will be the one they choose for the Z28. if not that a revamped version of the ls3, ala grand sport. but I do believe they need the z28. sales just don't show it though.

Yes, The Camaro is the more advanced & better value GT, but the GT500 is the "more" hardcore performer. Don't get me wrong I prefer the ZL1 over the GT500 if I was wanting a fully loaded "GT". However as I've stated many times I'm not looking for a Camaro GT. This is why I've held out in hopes of the Z28. It's why many in this section of the forum have discussed at great lengths what a Z28 should be and why immeadiatly we knew the ZL1 was not a Z28 (even GM knew it hence the name change).

BTW, I would like a new GenV engine, but wouldn't the base model V8 be released first? Also a revamped LS3 would add time and cost to a near dead design. (and they didn't even change it for the GS Vette).

General Lee 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5233772)
As much as I like the ZL1, the GT500 performance wise has trumped it. They had to with their "old" machine or go home. They also new that GM was using their '12 GT500 for comparison.

GM to now trump the Mustang lets see a Z28/LS7. It will give you the marketing payback that the Camaro deserves. It will at a competitive price put the hurts to the Boss LS. Giving the Camaro the title of domestic street/race car, not GT car. C'mon GM answer back with the Camaro's most revered weapon...the Z28!

:popcorn:

GM already has a car that trumps Ford.
The Corvette!!!
The camaro is GM's 2nd best. And still an awesome car!:thumbup:

2cnd chance 07-04-2012 10:17 AM

Thanks for your insight. :rolleyes:

Bad@ssCamaro 07-04-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Lee (Post 5235232)
GM already has a car that trumps Ford.
The Corvette!!!
The camaro is GM's 2nd best. And still an awesome car!:thumbup:

Corvette maybe the top flagship in performance, but the Camaro is top dog in bringing home the bacon in that category :D

camarofreak 07-04-2012 10:51 AM

Its a long shot but i hope they put a 302 engine in the Z28 but of course the Z28 would have to be made next generation. But i think GM wants the Z28 to be a big boom and destroy the mustang. They (GM) wants the Z28 to be special thats why I think they wont make it this generation.

He11bent 07-04-2012 11:12 AM

Dude, You drive a Miata and have posted almost 2400 times on this forum. Its great you want a Z28 and I applaud your enthusiasm. But really? Your posting about articles youve read and your not even a GM customer and your making demands on how R&D money is spent? How much weight do you think that carries?

ShnOmac 07-04-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by He11bent (Post 5235595)
Dude, You drive a Miata and have posted almost 2400 times on this forum. Its great you want a Z28 and I applaud your enthusiasm. But really? Your posting about articles youve read and your not even a GM customer and your making demands on how R&D money is spent? How much weight do you think that carries?

Actually this forum does have some weight to it... :thumbsup:


NOW APPEARING AT A CAMARO5FEST NEAR YOU: (...as in "Indianapolis"...)


Al Oppenheiser - Chief Engineer - Camaro


Dave Leone -- Global Vehicle Line Executive - RWD and Performance Cars


Margaret Brooks - Product Director


Lerick Chissus - Program Validation Engineer


Mark Dickens - -Performance Variant Engineer - Camaro


John Fitzpatrick - Marketing Manager - Camaro/Corvette


Sabrina Groshek -- Vehicle Line Director - RWD and Performance Cars


Jim Kalahar -- Program Planning Manager - Camaro


Aaron Link -- Lead Development Engineer - Camaro


Jack Pantaleo - Brand Quality Manager - Camaro


Cheryl Pilcher - Product Manager - Camaro


Scott Roberts - Manager - Chevrolet Accessories


Richard Scheer -- Manager - Camaro Design


Scott Settlemire -- Manager - Specialty Vehicles and Events


Monte Doran - Manager - Chevrolet Communications


Daniel Gifford - Design Manager - Vehicle Accessories


Adam Barry - Creative Designer - Accessories


Anthony Biondo -- Assistant Advertising Manager


Sarah Hughes - Product Manager - Accessories


Rodney Layton - Assistant Program Planning Manager



It has to have a little bit of weight for GM to take this much interest in CAMARO5!

Norm Peterson 07-04-2012 12:33 PM

How much weight they (meaning 2cnd chance's opinions, not just the one in this thread) carry depends on how much weight any of the above folks care to give them.

They may have some value as opinions from outside the Camaro community from somebody with competition experience as opposed to, say, "geez, I really like that new color" or "ummm, don't really care for XXX". Beyond that . . . I haven't been around long enough to even speculate.


Norm

2cnd chance 07-04-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by He11bent (Post 5235595)
Dude, You drive a Miata and have posted almost 2400 times on this forum. Its great you want a Z28 and I applaud your enthusiasm. But really? Your posting about articles youve read and your not even a GM customer and your making demands on how R&D money is spent? How much weight do you think that carries?

I'll take it as you've not educated yourself throughout this secion of the forum. Take a read through what's been discussed and you may better undersand why I started this thread. If you want something bad enough you gotta ask for it. Make your case establishing why and ask away until a firm no is made. My kids are relentless. Both I and others knew that from the beginning the now ZL1 and then Z28 was not a Z28. I'll hold out till the last of the 5Gens then decide where I'm at if no Z28 is produced. Thanks for noticing my level of patience. Oh and I was a diehard Camaro, TA and Formula guy for years till the quality got so low. I'm glad to say that GM is winning me over with their products again. ;)

ShnOmac 07-04-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 5235909)

They may have some value as opinions from outside the Camaro community from somebody with competition experience as opposed to, say, "geez, I really like that new color" or "ummm, don't really care for XXX". Beyond that . . . I haven't been around long enough to even speculate.


Norm

Got ya! :thumbsup:

The Camaro team spends quite a bit of time around here listening and discussing with us. One of the way's we communicate is through the "disciples". The disciples are a group of Camaro enthusiast's (non GM employees) who sit down with GM behind closed doors and discuss their/our wants and such. GM has listened and has made changes based off of the input received from this community! It is really impressive actually.... :headbang:



For example....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=disciples

wildpaws 07-04-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by He11bent (Post 5235595)
Dude, You drive a Miata and have posted almost 2400 times on this forum. Its great you want a Z28 and I applaud your enthusiasm. But really? Your posting about articles youve read and your not even a GM customer and your making demands on how R&D money is spent? How much weight do you think that carries?

Perhaps you need to spend a little more time on the Z/28 forum so you'll better understand the people that are regulars here, where their excitement, enthusiasm and experience comes from, and what the majority of the die hard Z/28 fans want to see.
Clyde

LOWDOWN 07-04-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildpaws (Post 5236046)
Perhaps you need to spend a little more time on the Z/28 forum so you'll better understand the people that are regulars here, where their excitement, enthusiasm and experience comes from, and what the majority of the die hard Z/28 fans want to see.
Clyde

:word:

One thing IS "for sure"...no demand, no supply...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.