Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anyone else not pleased with the temp/audio controls???? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2381)

CamaroFever 12-27-2007 09:19 AM

Anyone else not pleased with the temp/audio controls????

Im a huge Camaro fan:happyanim: , and have recently begun saving for my Camaro convertible to be. I wanted my next car to have a navigation system seeing how I love to take road trips, but the console in the concept car that I have seen is made so differently that I dont even think that I will be able to have a NAV system installed. I love this car to death, but if they dont change the temp/audio controls it may sway my decision :brokenheart:.

So are you pleased or displeased with the design of these controls?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...035f34_400.jpg http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...amaroradio.jpg

EllwynX 12-27-2007 09:40 AM

They're not going to be the same, don't worry.

That said, go out and find yourself a nice Garmin for considerably less $ than a factory navigation unit. (I recommend the Nuvi 350 for $350 on WalMart.com.) It can do everything a factory unit would do (insofar as it's navigation capabilities) if not more, at a LOT less $, as well as being portable from vehicle to vehicle. And you don't have that big ugly screen in your cars dash...

Factory installed Naviation Units are such a scam...

CamaroFever 12-27-2007 09:47 AM

Thanks! I really hope that it is changed, as far asa simple Nav system, I should have clarified, I would like a DVD/NAV system. And trust I know its a rip to get one installed from the dealer, I have one in my current car, an in-dash touch screen DVD/NAV system, that I installed myself, I got it off of ebay for 250.00

:thanks:

The_Blur 12-27-2007 02:16 PM

I actually like the design of the concept controls. I don't want it to look as cheap or simple as my Cobalt did. I want a chrome interior without too many buttons all over the dash. Having them all centralized in one place is nice. Since I like the steering wheel as it is, I also don't want to see buttons on the wheel. I don't want to replace it with a mismatched aftermarket unit, so having a slick stock one and putting a JL Cleansweep behind it is what I had in mind.

Emher 12-27-2007 02:31 PM

I love the concept controls, but as said they will change. Would like them to keep it as simple and sleek as possible though.

CamaroFever 12-27-2007 02:57 PM

Im just curious, what makes you guys so certain that they will be changed?

Emher 12-27-2007 03:24 PM

Doesn't really seem to allow people to change the soundsystem out in the concept state and I doubt they'd take that option away from buyers.

Mr. Wyndham 12-27-2007 05:06 PM

Look for the same "wrap-under" look to the dash...but of all the viable complaints (which are minimal, btw ;)) the majority are about the radio unit...

:iono: I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me...If they change it - I'll still like it, as radio replacement/upgrades are very low on my 'to-do' list, but like I said: Look for that wrap-under look. That was a design feature that was paid very close attention to.:thumbsup:

Emher 12-27-2007 05:51 PM

Good, the wrap-under dash is one the key features of the interior that if they change it, I might seek elsewhere. I LOVE that part of the interior.

CamaroFever 12-27-2007 06:01 PM

I guess like one of the previous posters said, I could buy my own Navigation system, it dosent have to be indash. I know they are trying to pay tribute to the older version of the Camaro, but I just feel that the current radio is to simple and plan, its not modern enough, its a bit too retro.:iono:

Emher 12-27-2007 06:52 PM

Ideally I think there should be an retor interior package or something. Because you have on one hand people like me who love the retro interior wholeheartedly, and on the other hand people want a modern interior.

stovt001 12-27-2007 10:54 PM

I want to see it changed. I'm not into retro. If I wanted a setup that looked similar to the 1st gen, I would go out and buy a first gen. Thankfully, control design has greatly improved over the past 40 years, and modern is the way to go. Give me radio and HVAC controls as clear, simple, and intuitive as the Honda Fit's, and I'm good. Only thing I would want that is more complex than that is auto AC.

And with the nav system, portable aftermarket units are the way to go. 1/10th the price of a factory unit, same features, can be transfered from car to car, and don't bury HVAC and radio controls in some computer interface. There is absolutely no reason to get a factory or dealer installed system.

CamaroFever 12-27-2007 11:25 PM

Yea, Em that is the perfect solution, I never even thought about that, b/c I love the exterior of the car, but am iffy about the inside. I have been looking at pics of the interior all day, and it is starting to grow on me though.

I planned on getting an Audi, but I think the Camaro has stolen my heart:wub:

Jak 12-27-2007 11:54 PM

Once you get used to the set up I wouldn't have a problem with them, but the thing is if you change the dash layout , is it going to take away the feel to the car we love? Leave as is if possible.

headpunter 12-28-2007 12:00 AM

audi's arent that nice my cousin had one and he decided an f150 was nicer to drive around then his a4

The_Blur 12-28-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 36282)
audi's arent that nice my cousin had one and he decided an f150 was nicer to drive around then his a4

I agree. They look nice on the outside, but I wasn't overly impressed on the inside or with the power. Back when I had my Cobalt, I waxed my buddy's A4 in a street race. :burnrubber:

CamaroFever 12-28-2007 08:00 AM

Yea, but I would buy an AUdi for style, not speed. I learned, racing your car is pointless, unless you are getting paid by Nascar to do it. I did that all the time with my current car and now, a few yrs down the line I have a bad transmission etc. I do not plan on racing at all in the next car that I buy (which will be the new vert Camaro), eventhough I love to do so. My girlfriend better get ready to be put on the backburner b/c im going to show this car so much love that everyone is going to think that I have a few screws loose:bonk:

Mindz 12-28-2007 12:54 PM

You can still race, just don't slam the gearbox. Keep the nice easy shifts and rev match. Won't destroy your transmission that way. Plus, racing in a Gallant that isn't built for power/racing is part of your problem. Go grab a 240sx and autocross it. =P

Justin 12-28-2007 01:23 PM

Honestly I'd like to see something similar to the CTS's interior. I'm all for the retro look, but I agree that there also needs to be a modern interior, because that's what today's consumers want. I'd like to be able to set a temperature and have the car switch heat/air conditioning on only when needed, or turn it off altogether. I love the idea of the slide-up screen in the CTS, because I think that could keep the whole retro look intact, while the screen is down, but when you want to adjust the temperature, change the disc that's playing (if there's a changer), XM radio controls, navigation, or any of those features that may or may not be there, you can use the screen, and you can put it right back down when you want optimal viewing of the 'stang in your rear-view mirror.

TAG UR IT 12-28-2007 02:09 PM

^Now, I can live with an idea like that!

Jak 12-28-2007 03:23 PM

Hmmm, yes, I do like that idea, it'd be the best of both worlds.

CamaroFever 12-28-2007 03:37 PM

I just looked atthe interior of the CTS,and I love that screen, if they made it so that it looked retro but you could push a button and the creen came up and it looked more modern would be great. Lol you haave my hopes up now, lets cross our fingers:thumbsup:

Mindz 12-28-2007 04:10 PM

probably be an option if it's implemented. I know a few people on these boards that want as little weight as possible. They want a CSL version of the camaro (see Bavarian Money Wagon M3 CSL).

Jay 12-28-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 36282)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFever (Post 36299)
Yea, but I would buy an AUdi for style, not speed. I learned, racing your car is pointless, unless you are getting paid by Nascar to do it. I did that all the time with my current car and now, a few yrs down the line I have a bad transmission etc. I do not plan on racing at all in the next car that I buy (which will be the new vert Camaro), eventhough I love to do so. My girlfriend better get ready to be put on the backburner b/c im going to show this car so much love that everyone is going to think that I have a few screws loose:bonk:

Exactly what he said^^^ Although the F150 has a nice interior and all... how could you possibly compare an A4 to an F150.....There is no way I would ever take a ford over an Audi (except the A3), period. Audi's have beautiful high quality interior's... but, yes I agree with lack of power on the A4..... its a slow car... but its not built for race.... its more a sports/luxury sedan with 4 wheel drive, lol. But then again I might be slightly biased:D

My favorite two cars right now are probably the new Audi A5/S5 and obviously the Camaro5.

Emher 12-28-2007 08:03 PM

Well supposedly the Audi RS4 is a dream on wheels.... >.>