Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Indy Water Restrictions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239231)

cadyshac 07-23-2012 05:01 PM

Indy Water Restrictions

I know it has been mentioned here but Indy is under water restrictions due to the drought conditions. We were just in Indy this past week for a bowling tournament and it is parched. I just ordered waterless car wash so I can touch up the camaro when we get there, luckily I only have 100 miles to drive so hopefully it wont be too bad. I am not sure how this might affect being able to wash with a hose in the hotel parking lot but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

RADREVX 07-23-2012 05:18 PM

I just called mikes car wash and they will be open. They are on jefferson rd and use recycled water.

myold88 07-23-2012 06:00 PM

Does anyone know if there's a "self service" pressure wash facility near the host hotel ?
At the Valdosta Camarofest1, the host hotels hose was always backed up with long waiting lines.
Valdosta had a coin operated self serv car wash just down the road.
Personally I won't use a regular car wash on my Camaro.

nmcajeff 07-23-2012 06:01 PM

There is a car wash not even an 1/8th mile from the Main gate of the track on ST RT 136 it's open I used it today myself.:)

shinetimedetail 07-23-2012 06:16 PM

I'll be set up at the hotel washing cars. The hotel is letting me use their water.

FurySS 07-23-2012 06:44 PM

Yes SEVERE drought across most of the state BUT commercial car washes are exempt from the bans (at least around Indy). Also a Mikes car wash in Avon (just south of the track), they have very nice self serve bays and I think you get 20mins for $5!

Sir Nuke 07-23-2012 07:43 PM

Here is the "CARWASH" thread....on page 2, posat #35 one of the guys did a search and there are a few that are clsoe to the track.....2 of themk about a half mile from the entrance.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=207285&page=2

Mr. Wyndham 07-23-2012 08:05 PM

There will be hoses available at the hotel....I'm going to "re-confirm" that the dry season hasn't effected that, and I'll post in here.

Ryanbabz71 07-23-2012 10:39 PM

Here are the details from Citizens Water. There have been no changes for weeks as we have had very little rain. There are plenty of do it yourself washes in the area.

http://www.citizenswater.com/educati...servation.aspx

Quote:

Customers should be aware that under the water use restrictions during a water warning, the following actions are unlawful under the Marion County Water Conservation Ordinance (Chapter 706).
  • Sprinkling, watering, or irrigating of grass;
  • Washing cars, trucks, trailers, mobile homes, railroad cars or any other type of mobile equipment, except as required by applicable local, state, or federal law for health or safety reasons;
  • Using water to clean sidewalks, driveways, paved areas, structures, buildings, or other outdoor surfaces;
  • Filling empty swimming pools;
  • Installing new landscaping or new lawn by using sod until return to normal conditions are declared by the mayor;
  • Using hydrants except for fire suppression or as otherwise directed by Citizens Energy Group; and
  • Operating water fountains that are non-recycling.
Exception:

Vegetable gardens and flowers may be watered every other day by container or hand-held hose equipped with a shutoff nozzle. It is also permissible to water trees once per week.
Exemptions:

The following water users and water uses shall be exempt from the prohibitions noted above:
Nurseries
Automatic commercial car washes
Manual commercial car washes
Golf courses
Parks
Violations:

Each customer shall be responsible for compliance with the ordinance with respect to the premises where the customer receives water service. If the identity of the water user cannot be ascertained, the customer with service at that address shall be liable for violations that occur on such premises.
Water Conservation Penalties are as follows:
  • First violation in twelve-month period = $100
  • Second violation in twelve-month period = $250
  • Third violation in twelve-month period = not less than $500
  • Fourth violation in twelve-month period = up to $2500 per day per violation
Enforcement:

The Water Conservation Ordinance shall be enforced by the Indianapolis Department of Code Enforcement. (G.O. 15, 2009, § 1; G.O. 36, 2011, § 24)

FurySS 07-23-2012 10:49 PM

I would say "by letter of the law" that the hotels would violate the ban by putting out the hoses. But maybe they are willing to take the chance of getting caught...

dianeokie 07-23-2012 11:16 PM

Hope y'all get rain before we get there.............but wouldn't it be Murphy's Law that it would rain that weekend?:confused0068:

myold88 07-24-2012 12:20 AM

^^^^^ Oh the thought- Shame on you !! :paddle:

Ryanbabz71 07-24-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 5334684)
Hope y'all get rain before we get there.............but wouldn't it be Murphy's Law that it would rain that weekend?:confused0068:

We need 7-8 inches of rain to get back where we need to be and be out of the ban. We are supposed to get some rain tues-thurs this week. Next week it shows mon and tues at the moment

Ryan

MS3DALE 07-24-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 5334421)
Here are the details from Citizens Water. There have been no changes for weeks as we have had very little rain. There are plenty of do it yourself washes in the area.

http://www.citizenswater.com/educati...servation.aspx

Ryan,I say we all just come over to your place and wash them there! :D :bellyroll: :laugh:

Ryanbabz71 07-24-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS3DALE (Post 5335642)
Ryan,I say we all just come over to your place and wash them there! :D :bellyroll: :laugh:

I am also in the ban. Good thing is I can fill up 2 buckets with ONR and close the garage door, no one will know :)

I was watering our year old Maple tree the other night and a police officer drove by, luckily you can water "young" trees once a week so I was in the clear.

MLL67RSSS 07-24-2012 10:20 AM

BTW, an exemption not mentioned. If you are not on city water and have a well, or have city water but also have a well you can tap, that is exempt from the ban. Only the use of Citizen Water co. water is affected. We're still on well and septic in my area.

"...Marion County residents and businesses that tap water from wells are exempt from any ban, but the city asks them to abide by it voluntarily."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...n-place-Friday

FurySS 07-24-2012 10:32 AM

Yeah you are ok if on a well. Like Ryan said, Avon has a ban and so does Brownsburg I think.