Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   C5FIII Car Show Winners Announced - Presented by Adam's Premium Car Care (UPDATED) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241495)

GTAHVIT 08-03-2012 10:49 AM

C5FIII Car Show Winners Announced - Presented by Adam's Premium Car Care (UPDATED)

*drum roll please*

We're excited to announce the winners of the car show and share with all of you the trophies we put together for this years event.
Big thanks to the Central Indiana Camaro Club for handling all the judging. It was a massive undertaking for sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...3/50f83daa.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...3/d036b034.jpg

BEST ENGINE BAY
Donnie Turley

BEST PAINT/EXTERIOR
Bill Danna

BEST INTERIOR
Jim Jacobs

BEST 4th GEN
Tim Esteb

BEST 3rd GEN
James Benge

BEST 2nd GEN
Ted Jannetty

BEST 1st GEN
Joey Polle

THE BIG AWARD, FOR BEST 5th GEN
Jeff Mayes
If each of the winners would please contact me via email at: Dylan@AdamsPolishes.com

We'll want to verify your shipping address. Also, each winner who returns to this thread and posts a picture of their trophy and car together will receive a special gift from Adam's to put towards their next order!

Congratulations to all the winners!!

AdamZ 08-05-2012 08:21 PM

:popcorn:

Overflow 08-05-2012 08:22 PM

Adam, you didn't tell me you had your own car show! :bellyroll:

I can't wait for the results. :popcorn:

RubyCamaro 08-05-2012 08:23 PM

Coming SOON, I gather.

AdamZ 08-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 5396381)
Adam, you didn't tell me you had your own car show! :bellyroll:

I can't wait for the results. :popcorn:

Lmao. I can only dream that one day I am important enough to have a car show in my name lol :facepalm:

Overflow 08-05-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5396392)
Lmao. I can only dream that one day I am important enough to have a car show in my name lol :facepalm:

Don't count on it. :bellyroll:

GbrilliantQ 08-05-2012 08:31 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/45880db2-1e52-7d1c.jpg

You mean one of these? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Overflow 08-05-2012 08:35 PM

YOU RUINED THE SURPRISE!!

Earthshaker6 08-06-2012 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this car...and Scott liked it! :happyanim:

FurySS 08-06-2012 10:38 AM

On behalf of CICC I would like to thank all of those that registered for the car show :thumbsup:. As one of the judges, I saw a lot of beautiful Camaros (and no I don't know the results ;))

I will say that many of us were surprised by the fact that we only had around 50 cars total register for the show :iono:. We were told to expect to have to judge upwards of 500 cars in 2 hrs, so we came prepared but the turnout just was not there...

RADREVX 08-06-2012 10:48 AM

all the classes were more modified based. no original or stock classes. it was more for the ones with big bucks in their cars.

Tysen 08-06-2012 10:49 AM

I think the main problem with the show was there wasn't a designated, set aside time for it. AutoX and Drag Racing were going on at the same time. When I got back from AutoX, they told me the judging had already been done. Most of us didn't even know what time it was going on.

Deke736 08-06-2012 11:39 AM

Many people didn't know where to register, where their cars should be placed, or when exactly the judging was going on. Some guys in our club (who have a few bucks in their cars) were disappointed that there was no clear communication about the show. They only knew to be around from 4:30 to 6:30 on Friday and when they went looking for direction about the show no one seemed to be able to give them a clear answer. One of them ended up wining a plaque from Dragoneye as a moderators choice, but my buddy didn't even know how it happened since he couldn't find out about registering.

cybercamaro 08-06-2012 11:40 AM

And it was never announced where the registration was. I happened to overhear someone talking about it and then barely was able to register

BSX_Camaro 08-06-2012 11:48 AM

The car show was judged by the Central Indiana Camaro Club and the tent for registration was right next to the Chevy tent. It was announced a few times over the loud speakers. Registration was from 11:00 - 4:00. We actually took early and late registrations right up to the time we started to judge.

I fully understand how you guys feel though. We had to walk to EVERY car in the lot to see who was/wasn't in the show. We preferred to have a designated location, but that didn't happen.

Suggestion for next year. Put car show information in the goodie bags so that everyone gets the same information and location of registration.

GTAHVIT 08-06-2012 11:50 AM

I think a lot of the communication stuff would be better if we had some signage... and if the programs had more up to date information on them.

We don't do signs mostly because we are at a different track each time and it's never known in advance so we spend the setup day trying to put events in the proper spot....

I don't want to use this as an excuse. but we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby as much as it is yours. We like moving the fest around each year... but it means we reinvent the wheel each time we go to a new track... so the spreading the word as to where things are isn't easy. We try and post the information up on the forum but that doesn't always help you navigate the track when you arrive.

bottom line, we thank you all for coming and helping us identify the areas we can improve.

I've said this a couple times now, but, maybe we need to consider settling into the same track or track(s)

Kyle.Gilmour 08-06-2012 11:57 AM

do we have any results yet?

GTAHVIT 08-06-2012 11:59 AM

Not yet. Probably won't know them until the gang gets back. I may have started these threads a little early. :facepalm:

Heaven_is_inferno_orange 08-06-2012 12:07 PM

:D My Sasuke got Al Oppenheiser's. The guy has been my hero for like ever. :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...93880027_n.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...42479814_n.jpg

grocerygetter 08-06-2012 12:26 PM

Yeah...a few others I know asked about the show. Heck...I had a booth car and never got anything from the show other than a wristband from some dudes in a golfcart.

wadew2lt 08-06-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tysen (Post 5398820)
I think the main problem with the show was there wasn't a designated, set aside time for it. AutoX and Drag Racing were going on at the same time. When I got back from AutoX, they told me the judging had already been done. Most of us didn't even know what time it was going on.

:word:

MLL67RSSS 08-06-2012 01:24 PM

Well we (CICC) posted the schedule that was on this site on our site July 8th and the car show was listed. The show details and classes were posted July 23rd HERE in the thread linked. So there was some advance notice. I believe it was also in the schedule listed in the C5Fest III booklet in your blue bag.
They did announce very early on Friday and later on the PA that car show registration was at the Chevrolet tent so I immediately went over and let Scott know that if anyone asked about car show registration we were doing it at our tent next door, Scott then relayed this to all the Chevrolet people there. He did say someone had asked but he didn't know what to tell him at the time.
In hindsight we should have had a "Car Show Registration" sign out front of our table, heck I think we may even have one somewhere DOHHH!!!! (Leftover from Indy08) For that I do apologize.

MARINE1991 08-06-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange (Post 5399273)
:D My Sasuke got Al Oppenheiser's. The guy has been my hero for like ever. :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...93880027_n.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...42479814_n.jpg

Sweeeet. :w00t::headbang::thumbup: I got his last year....:thumbup::thumbsup::drinking: starting to think he likes red......:laugh::sm0::bellyroll:

xtreme2s 08-06-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5399161)
I think a lot of the communication stuff would be better if we had some signage... and if the programs had more up to date information on them.

We don't do signs mostly because we are at a different track each time and it's never known in advance so we spend the setup day trying to put events in the proper spot....

I don't want to use this as an excuse. but we all have full time jobs and this is our hobby as much as it is yours. We like moving the fest around each year... but it means we reinvent the wheel each time we go to a new track... so the spreading the word as to where things are isn't easy. We try and post the information up on the forum but that doesn't always help you navigate the track when you arrive.

bottom line, we thank you all for coming and helping us identify the areas we can improve.

I've said this a couple times now, but, maybe we need to consider settling into the same track or track(s)

To all volunteers... You all did a great job on the event! Lots of effort to do an event as this.

This was my first time attending, and I also was a booth car for Livernois Motorsports. I did wonder on where/when the car show registration was, and even walked into the GM booth looking.

I assumed all the activity in the GM booth was selling the C5 merchandise, and for PA annoucements, after awhile I did'nt listen since moslty was for drag race reporting or auto-cross. since I did none of those, natuarlly tuned it out.

None the less, I had a awesum time, and made some new friends!

Looking forward to next year.

Tim S

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 08-06-2012 02:47 PM

"....for like ever."

Thread winner. LOL

Congrats to the winners....it's awesome bringing one of these home from CF! ;)
Ivan