Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Keep my 2011 2ss/rs or trade for 2013 1le ss?? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241559)

freefallin2005 08-03-2012 03:56 PM

Keep my 2011 2ss/rs or trade for 2013 1le ss??
 
I have my 2011 2ss/rs with 900 miles. always garaged since new no rain snow etc etc and the mods are as follows
Niche concourse wheels
powdercoated calipers from mike the coater
mdp1 spoiler
mdp1 new force 5 only 2 hoods made so far
rotofab cai
flowmaster cat back
dropped 2 inches with eibach spring and sway kit
technostalgia rapid tails
zl1 grille with emblm pros badging
havoc rear splitter
skip shift elim
lloyds mats
hid fogs
slp chin splitter
full tint
now i want the 2013 1le and the price fully built is $42,188 with every option and my dealer offered me $35,800 for mine. if you had the wifes permission would you do trade your car in for the new 2013 1le???

Birm 08-03-2012 03:57 PM

Can you dmod or is trade as is? If you can dmod I would take it and run!

tramtwo 08-03-2012 04:01 PM

yeah what he said

red70tvhs 08-03-2012 04:03 PM

Deff. Demod first. Good luck!

awfarley 08-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birm (Post 5388485)
Can you dmod or is trade as is? If you can dmod I would take it and run!

Yep. Not even a tough call there.

freefallin2005 08-03-2012 04:06 PM

i def would take off springs, hood, cai, lights etc etc but calipers and wheels would be tricky and i still have to talk the wife into it. Right now i have no camaro payments and i would have one if i did this deal so thats the hold up plus i just bought a $45,000 truck.....

C5RocksC5 08-03-2012 04:20 PM

why, you gonna be road course racing?

jesserayjames 08-03-2012 04:25 PM

Depends on how much you want or need a track car, I'm fine with my SS, and just add the 1LE stuff as wanted, or needed...................... JRJ:thumbup:

PYROLYSIS 08-03-2012 08:13 PM

I find it hard to believe they offered you that much for your trade. They definitely wouldn't let you demod if they already made an offer. If they're not lying to you I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Silverlsinva 08-03-2012 08:19 PM

Are u actually gonna drive it? 900 miles in maybe a year of driving thats like two weeks worth for me. Its your money why dont u wait to test drive the 1LE and see if u like the way it drives first?

5cents 08-03-2012 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freefallin2005 (Post 5388483)
I have my 2011 2ss/rs with 900 miles. always garaged since new no rain snow etc now i want the 2013 1le and the price fully built is $42,188 with every option and my dealer offered me $35,800 for mine. if you had the wifes permission would you do trade your car in for the new 2013 1le???

I would say that is a dang good trade allowance they offered you. I know you have stuck alot of $$$ in it with mods, but when doing a dealer trade you can't expect to get any of that money back. I doubt very much if they would alot you to do any de-modding, at least appearancewise.

Your Camaro listed new for around $39k probably, and with only 900 miles on it, it's like brand new. A $6k trade difference sounds like a really good deal to me. What can the loan payment be on $6k ..... $100 a month? If you can swing it, by all means go for it.

After all, it's only money, you can't take it with you, and you only live once.

.

Comrando 08-03-2012 11:38 PM

Why trade now?

You are halfway there on the suspension. Add bushing upgrades next.

There is no difference in power, just different gearing for race tracks.

Ir0nM4n 08-03-2012 11:42 PM

I am feeling this... Only I am going from a SGM to maybe a 1LE. You think they will still be for sale in March?

Garret 08-04-2012 01:09 AM

why trade in a car you dont drive for a different car you wont drive?
it is obvious that your car has spent more time in the shop than on the road anyway, since you got it. Why would you need a track car? If this means that you will actually drive it then by all means trade in the dust collector for a vehicle.

Arbgast 08-04-2012 01:11 AM

2011 ss/rs with mods would be a hard sell at 36k retail.

freefallin2005 08-04-2012 07:31 AM

I have all the papers ready to go and signed,if order is put in now i should have it by oct 15th as they arent even being built until sept 3rd, if i do demod im assuming i will get just reg trade in at 32k. Im a ase tech and all the mods i have done myself so i wont lose install money but im still unsure of what to do.

Jim968 08-04-2012 08:14 AM

I wouldn't do it unless you plan to take the 1LE to the track.

sprtplt 08-04-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 5389347)
I find it hard to believe they offered you that much for your trade. They definitely wouldn't let you demod if they already made an offer. If they're not lying to you I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Yep. $35,800 for yours? That is very hard to believe, even with you paying msrp for the 1LE. Did you miss a $1900 doc fee slipped in somewhere in the deal?

freefallin2005 08-04-2012 09:18 AM

no, i usually buy all my cars and trucks from this dealer and they are very very good to their customers.

SuperSport2011 08-04-2012 10:23 AM

So you gonna answer the question? You gonna use it for the track and drive the car or just spend money to keep collecting dust? I mean my car is a garage queen, doesn't touch snow, avoid bringing it out in rain and I don't drive it to work but I got about 10,000 miles on it over the year from "spirited driving"... Not trying to bash you, just trying to help. It's a lot of cash if you're not gonna use the car.

VenomInside 08-04-2012 10:27 AM

So basically you already made up your mind... Why ask then?

freefallin2005 08-04-2012 05:24 PM

i would prob take it to the track but im a mechanic days and firefighter/paramedic nights so the use of it is limited. I prob will hold off due to the fact wife is bugging about having a car payment for the same thing i basically have just 2 year newer.

SuperSport2011 08-04-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freefallin2005 (Post 5392209)
i would prob take it to the track but im a mechanic days and firefighter/paramedic nights so the use of it is limited. I prob will hold off due to the fact wife is bugging about having a car payment for the same thing i basically have just 2 year newer.

Good call and after awhile you're gonna realize you made the right choice. You have a wonderful car and to lose so much money for a few upgrades isn't really worth it, unless you're a hard core racer... And every year something new comes out and people lose tens of thousands of dollars just to be in with the "new". Enjoy, you got a top of the line ss with a 6.2 v8. :drinking:

LikaRokBowTie 08-04-2012 09:06 PM

What I'd like to know is when the hell is the 1LE going to be available,and yes take that trade if you know that is what you really want to do!I still hate the day I traded my 02SS 35th I only got 15000 and it was a good car never a problem for five years,only replaced the water pump.

av9022 08-04-2012 09:15 PM

I'll keep it. Why trade in for 2013? U already have the Camaro plus mods. I can see if it was a 2lt trading up for a SS. But what do I know it's your money....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.