Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   AAC mixed up my radiator support top bracket. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242863)

kevin1106 08-09-2012 03:23 PM

AAC mixed up my radiator support top bracket.
 
Just wondering if anyone that had work done on thier car with AAC at camarofest happen to notice they got a free gm performance badge on thier radiator cover. Mine is gone and I notice that this isn't my cover.

No offense to AAC but this is what I get for not checking behind people. No big deal, just the point.

dorfmac 08-09-2012 03:33 PM

I had a suprise Oracle sticker placed on my back window which I didn't notice until the following day.... :facepalm:

But no, no GM Performance on the radiator.

kevin1106 08-09-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 5417359)
I had a suprise Oracle sticker placed on my back window which I didn't notice until the following day....

But no, no GM Performance on the radiator.

Haha. I'm sure someone will notice. Lol. Like I said, no biggie, I'm just curious.

Rhyder 08-09-2012 04:32 PM

Might be it was cracked or messed up and they replaced it with a new bracket....

edog 08-09-2012 04:45 PM

Kevin, you have just had a time this event. I hope this does not deter you from future events. I know you have dealt with a lot of damages to your ride.

I know i will be looking now that you mentioned it.

bumblebeecamaro 08-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1106 (Post 5417307)

No offense to AAC but this is what I get for not checking behind people. No big deal, just the point.

that's nothing. I had AAC install a lighted rear bow tie on my car at the first Camarofest. The installer actually scratched my paint on my trunk while prying on the trunk. Then the guy actually had the nerve to deny he did it when I sat there watching the whole thing.

Oh, and by the way. The guy that did this? It was the company owner himself. The other helper that was doing my afterburner taillights came to me afterwords and said he was happy it was the company owner that scratched my car and not him. Otherwise he knows he would've been fired on the spot.

The only good thing was I happened to have some touch up paint with me. I touched up the scratch that thankfully was hidden by the new bow tie because it's a little wider than the original bow tie.

kevin1106 08-09-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edog (Post 5417725)
Kevin, you have just had a time this event. I hope this does not deter you from future events. I know you have dealt with a lot of damages to your ride.

I know i will be looking now that you mentioned it.

Lol. I'm telling you. I had a great time, but man what a heck of a trip. 7-8 dents in my fenders, door ding.... :mad0260:Geez. The 100 bucks helps though and at least they all got fixed.

The gm badge missing though, I know someone got lucky. I know it's only 12 bucks to get a new one, but geez man, what else?

Next Camaro fest, no mods and I'm buying the bubble thing I can put my car into. :sm0:

kevin1106 08-09-2012 07:22 PM

:popcorn:

jdenotter 08-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1106 (Post 5417982)
Lol. I'm telling you. I had a great time, but man what a heck of a trip. 7-8 dents in my fenders, door ding.... :mad0260:Geez. The 100 bucks helps though and at least they all got fixed.

The gm badge missing though, I know someone got lucky. I know it's only 12 bucks to get a new one, but geez man, what else?

Next Camaro fest, no mods and I'm buying the bubble thing I can put my car into. :sm0:

Id be pissed and would make them pay for a new badge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kevin1106 08-09-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdenotter (Post 5418753)
Id be pissed and would make them pay for a new badge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I know.... I wish I had pics to prove it. I just know it was there and the cover on my car, isn't mine... Mine was in perfect condition. This one has scratches on it. I'm too anal about my car. I would of noticed or known I has scratches in my radiator cover.

kevin1106 08-09-2012 07:37 PM

I'm just tying to get conformation that someone else has it, then I'd say something about it.

kevin1106 08-10-2012 11:38 AM

Anyone?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

kevin1106 08-11-2012 09:12 AM

:iono::popcorn::iono::popcorn:

Skidpuppy 08-11-2012 09:45 AM

I had them install side markers and guess what? I have a new GM badge under my hood! Just kidding... :D

I had a similar thing happen once.. I had new tires put on my 84 Camaro and when I got home there was an extra wheel trim ring in the trunk. There was another Camaro in the stall next to mine and the tech put their trim ring in my car. I didn't notice it until a week later. I wonder how the tire shop explained that one? :facepalm:

kevin1106 08-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidpuppy (Post 5426374)
I had them install side markers and guess what? I have a new GM badge under my hood! Just kidding... :D

I had a similar thing happen once.. I had new tires put on my 84 Camaro and when I got home there was an extra wheel trim ring in the trunk. There was another Camaro in the stall next to mine and the tech put their trim ring in my car. I didn't notice it until a week later. I wonder how the tire shop explained that one? :facepalm:

Haha. Jerk. :sm0:

Neumatic 08-11-2012 03:56 PM

Honestly you should just talk to them and explain to them what happened. Longer you wait, the less likely they will do anything about it IMO.

kevin1106 08-11-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neumatic (Post 5427427)
Honestly you should just talk to them and explain to them what happened. Longer you wait, the less likely they will do anything about it IMO.

Yeah, I agree with you. Idk what to do really. Think I'll just order a new one from gmpartsdirect.

Overflow 08-11-2012 07:24 PM

Why don't you just PM them? Technically, they stole from you.

SM0KE 08-11-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 5428061)
Technically, they stole from you.

Thats a harsh word to use towards a sponsored vendor without hearing their side of the story

kevin1106 08-11-2012 07:56 PM

I wouldn't use the term " stole " they were doing many camaros at the fest, I could see a mix up happening. Geez they spent half the day on smokes Camaro. Lol

Neumatic 08-11-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1106 (Post 5427471)
Yeah, I agree with you. Idk what to do really. Think I'll just order a new one from gmpartsdirect.

Just PM them and explain to them what your issue is.

SM0KE 08-11-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin1106 (Post 5428152)
Geez they spent half the day on smokes Camaro. Lol

:headbang:

rhunley14 08-11-2012 08:07 PM

I'm sure if you explain to them what happened they would want to keep you a happy customer..

kevin1106 08-11-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhunley14 (Post 5428186)
I'm sure if you explain to them what happened they would want to keep you a happy customer..

I agree. I'm sure they have read this thread by now. Feel better saying " hey you guys gave a radiator support bracket to ??? ".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.