Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Camaro Wiring Information!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24704)

ZZcamaro 05-28-2009 06:29 PM

Camaro Wiring Information!!

3 Attachment(s)
I know there have been a lot of folks asking about wiring for the Camaro.

I apologize if this is a repost, but I had not seen it so I thought I would post it.

This should be very helpful in wiiring up some aftermarket amps and accessories!!

Enjoy!:happyanim:

The last 3 pages are not included because there was no good info on them.

tribone 05-28-2009 06:36 PM

Thank you!!

ZZcamaro 05-28-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribone (Post 528336)
Thank you!!

I thought you might like that. I am amazed more people did not jump on this!

OUR72GTO 05-28-2009 11:35 PM

Excellent ....thanks

ZZcamaro 05-29-2009 09:49 AM

Holy Crap!!! I made a sticky!! Umm...You know what I mean.

I knew this info would be helpful to a lot of folks. I looked in the rear of my vehicle and this info worked perfect, I was able to identify all the speaker/amp wires that I wanted to.

Probably not going to start the stereo mods for a while, but at least now I know I can!

Tran 05-29-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZcamaro (Post 530121)
Holy Crap!!! I made a sticky!! Umm...You know what I mean.

I knew this info would be helpful to a lot of folks. I looked in the rear of my vehicle and this info worked perfect, I was able to identify all the speaker/amp wires that I wanted to.

Probably not going to start the stereo mods for a while, but at least now I know I can!

Great info thanks!

The lists have been added to the Camaro5 WIKI: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...lt:CAMARO+WIKI

:w00t:

Matt'sSS 05-29-2009 10:39 AM

Great info, thank you!

CamaroTransAmFAM 05-29-2009 10:45 AM

THE GOOD NEWZ JUST KEEP POURIN IN

chrisinlittlerock 05-29-2009 10:48 AM

WOW!!! Good job. That will come in handy for sure.

Nova65 05-29-2009 10:56 AM

now to cut out the on star...jk

JDBeck23 05-29-2009 10:59 AM

AWESOME! Thank you!

liquidfire350 05-29-2009 11:06 AM

now id like to see someone figure out how to take a non-RS headlight switch panel and wire it in to a RS car to make the fog lights work off a switch, the way it should be.

Gotthat02fire 05-29-2009 11:16 AM

That was a good guide for the wiring thanks! Does the stock deck have preamp outputs for an amp?

Vash 05-29-2009 11:26 AM

Awesome data thx thx!! U roxxors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfire350 (Post 530382)
now id like to see someone figure out how to take a non-RS headlight switch panel and wire it in to a RS car to make the fog lights work off a switch, the way it should be.

Yea probably you just need to ground a wire to get them to turn on.

Get a meter and test the wires that connect to the lamps.

REAPER SS 05-29-2009 11:46 AM

This really can com e in handy, good looking out:thumbsup:

69 Hugger 05-29-2009 01:21 PM

Thanks for the info, nice to have

dankss 05-29-2009 01:37 PM

daaaaaaaank

ssalter 05-29-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

I 100% agree, and cant wait also, that was the first thing i looked at, seems like it couldnt be too hard, the way gm builds things, there is probably one wiring harness, and for RS cars it just would have a blank pin in the headlight switch connector, so hopefully you can get non RS headlight switch, and the proper pin for the headlight connector, and well its all speculation at this point, but hopefully you can find a fog light(DRL in the RS cars) circuit and power the trigger side of said relay and bam, shouldnt see why it would be too hard to make the fog lights work when the headlights are on

Anyway this is one of the very minor tweaks that Chevy missed, but no one is perfect and this is gonna be a great car.

Good Job Chevy!!!

mikel441 05-29-2009 06:14 PM

Any wiring schematics yet? Thats always helpful. A component locator would be good too.

johnnybgoode314 05-29-2009 09:23 PM

awesome! been meaning to check directechs to see if they had it yet. this is just as good!

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-29-2009 09:26 PM

Great info. Thank you for posting. :)

TLSTWIN 06-02-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

I also will be waiting for some sparky to figure out how to get the driving/fog lights on the 2SS/RS to work with the Halos or a switch that would independently turn on and off the fog/driving lights.

JDBeck23 06-02-2009 11:20 AM

TLSTWIN, that's easy, I'll post it up as soon as I get my car, I'll jumper the hot side of the side marker/halo lights relay to the hot side of the fog lights relay. It's that simple. I've done it on every car I've had that came with foglights

Matt'sSS 06-02-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssalter (Post 531096)
I 100% agree, and cant wait also, that was the first thing i looked at, seems like it couldnt be too hard, the way gm builds things, there is probably one wiring harness, and for RS cars it just would have a blank pin in the headlight switch connector, so hopefully you can get non RS headlight switch, and the proper pin for the headlight connector, and well its all speculation at this point, but hopefully you can find a fog light(DRL in the RS cars) circuit and power the trigger side of said relay and bam, shouldnt see why it would be too hard to make the fog lights work when the headlights are on

Anyway this is one of the very minor tweaks that Chevy missed, but no one is perfect and this is gonna be a great car.

Good Job Chevy!!!

GM didn't miss anything IMHO, I'm sure this was quite intentional. The halos replace the fogs as DL's when the headlights are off but halos are on. The fogs are not HID, the headlights are and the halos match the color of the HID's, the fogs don't match the color of them. It's set up that way so the colors don't mismatch.

I also plan on modding it to work with both, but only after I have some HID's in the fog lights or at very least some brighter & color appropriate bulbs in them.

Now it would have been better if it came from the factory with matching fog lights, but that would have cost more and not anywhere near as many people would be willing to pay more for that, most only care about the main HID's.

Matt'sSS 06-02-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBeck23 (Post 543118)
TLSTWIN, that's easy, I'll post it up as soon as I get my car, I'll jumper the hot side of the side marker/halo lights relay to the hot side of the fog lights relay. It's that simple. I've done it on every car I've had that came with foglights

I personally would rather be able to controll them separatly still.