Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   any 4.10 gears out for the V6? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25113)

camaro guy 05-31-2009 04:38 PM

any 4.10 gears out for the V6?
 
I want to put 4.10 gears on my V6. anyone know of any?

MadMaxx 05-31-2009 07:32 PM

No, there aren't any.

nascarnate326 06-01-2009 08:33 AM

I hope someone comes out with some, I would love to see what the 1/4 can be had in with some 4.10's

Warpick 06-01-2009 09:10 AM

I'd hate to see your gas bill when you do. Cruising at 4000 RPM doesn't sound fun to me.

2SSJIM 06-01-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpick (Post 538870)
I'd hate to see your gas bill when you do. Cruising at 4000 RPM doesn't sound fun to me.

:word:

Hemlawk 06-01-2009 10:38 AM

I will leave the gears stock (most likely)

v6 has 3.27?
v8 3.45?

These gears alot better than the LS1 Auto gears with 2.76 (or something like that).

THE EVIL TW1N 06-01-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpick (Post 538870)
I'd hate to see your gas bill when you do. Cruising at 4000 RPM doesn't sound fun to me.

4000 rpm? what speed would that be?

MadMaxx 06-01-2009 12:38 PM

Stock cruise @ 75mph is right on the 2Krpm mark in my car.


Just for reference:

27.5" tires with 0.67 6th gear, 4.10 static gear ratio = ~2500rpm @ 75mph. Not a huge leap over stock.

THE EVIL TW1N 06-01-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMaxx (Post 539428)
Stock cruise @ 75mph is right on the 2Krpm mark in my car.


Just for reference:

27.5" tires with 0.67 6th gear, 4.10 static gear ratio = ~2500rpm @ 75mph. Not a huge leap over stock.

I guess that guy likes cruising at 120 mph.

Xanthos 06-01-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMaxx (Post 539428)
Stock cruise @ 75mph is right on the 2Krpm mark in my car.


Just for reference:

27.5" tires with 0.67 6th gear, 4.10 static gear ratio = ~2500rpm @ 75mph. Not a huge leap over stock.

I'd be more worried about how rediculous first gear would become. Its already a total 14.64:1. Swapping in 4.1s will put that at 18.37:1. Seems just a bit too steep to me - you'd be shifting about 2 miliseconds after launch. It seems to me that the V6 is already geared pretty well. The most I would want to do is swap in an SS rear. That way you get the beefier rear end and the 3.45 gears instead of the 3.27. That would put your first gear at 15.46:1, give you a bit more pull throughout the entire strip, and help you handle the extra power if you decided to go FI or similar.
- Xanthos

THE EVIL TW1N 06-01-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 539828)
I'd be more worried about how rediculous first gear would become. Its already a total 14.64:1. Swapping in 4.1s will put that at 18.37:1. Seems just a bit too steep to me - you'd be shifting about 2 miliseconds after launch. It seems to me that the V6 is already geared pretty well. The most I would want to do is swap in an SS rear. That way you get the beefier rear end and the 3.45 gears instead of the 3.27. That would put your first gear at 15.46:1, give you a bit more pull throughout the entire strip, and help you handle the extra power if you decided to go FI or similar.
- Xanthos

That tq multiplication number doesn't mean squat when you take tire size and rev range (7000 rpm) into consideration. 4.10's would be the minimum of what this car really needs. The overall gearing would be VERY similar to when the stock/bolt-on 5.0 guys were putting 3.73's in their 87-93 5.0's.

Xanthos 06-01-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 539874)
That tq multiplication number doesn't mean squat when you take tire size and rev range (7000 rpm) into consideration. 4.10's would be the minimum of what this car really needs. The overall gearing would be VERY similar to when the stock/bolt-on 5.0 guys were putting 3.73's in their 87-93 5.0's.

With 4.1's this car would redline in first at 32 mph. And thats with the 7000 rpm redline. I don't really see that as the "minimum" - otherwise your Z06 owners would be running 6.0 rears.
- Xanthos

THE EVIL TW1N 06-01-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 539979)
With 4.1's this car would redline in first at 32 mph. And thats with the 7000 rpm redline.

exactly. which would be perfect for a small motor lacking torque pushing a heavy car.
CAR............................1st.......2nd...... .3rd.......4th
Camaro V6 w/4.10's ......32.........57........89.......123
Mustang 5.0 w/3.73's.....31.........51........78.......102

And 3.73's were considered the mild in-between gear. Some people still opted for the 4.10's. 3.73's was perfectly tame enough for city driving.

Do not fear the gear.

Dom 06-06-2009 11:08 PM

How is your car off the line now? Feels heavy? Have you gotten any 60' times at the track?

I had 4.10s and 4200 stall in my 4th gen V6 daily for 2y. I would get the stall first and see how it feels. 5th gen trans is already much higher geared in 1st then 4L60E.

Xanthos 06-07-2009 12:06 AM

Actually, when you put it that way, I might actually consider doing 4.1s... I was thinking about bumping the redline to 7500 after all my mods anyway, which would allow me to shift at 30/60/95/130. Thats not toooo bad. And it would certainly help acceleration out a bunch I would think, plus I probably wouldn't ever have to downshift to first, even on the slowest of turns, so I don't think I'd have to worry about the extra engine braking... I'll keep this in mind.
- Xanthos


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.