Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Project ZLRS [COTW 10/8/12] (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252942)

01pewterz28 09-29-2012 11:31 PM

Project ZLRS [COTW 10/8/12]
 
10 Attachment(s)
Some photos of my "Project ZLRS" I am nearing completion of my ZL appearance items on my 2LT/RS all that is left are the side rockers, and the rear diffuser.

Enjoy haters move on nothing for you to see in this thread.

pyr0b0y 09-29-2012 11:36 PM

Dude, its not like you have a ZL1 badge on the car, no one should be hating on this awesome ride! Love the look of your car. You really went all the way, the rims really complete the look...and that hood! Congratz, ignore the haters!

01pewterz28 09-29-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0b0y (Post 5636834)
Dude, its not like you have a ZL1 badge on the car, no one should be hating on this awesome ride! Love the look of your car. You really went all the way, the rims really complete the look...and that hood! Congratz, ignore the haters!

Thanks yea the wheels really finish the look :chevy:

Happy 46th B-Day Camaro

speedmon 09-29-2012 11:54 PM

Car looks fantastic! Nice job!
Nothing wrong with doing a clone if you like the look...
Owners have been doing that to camaros since 1967.
Who needs 580hp in a street car anyway...I'd rather have the 30mpg.

I'm gonna give my red 2SS a 1LE look, cuz I like the look.....and mine is an auto......and they won't make those in an auto.

You just have to put the ZL1 badge on the hood and grill!

midnighter 09-29-2012 11:58 PM

Looking awesome!

pyr0b0y 09-30-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 5636849)
Thanks yea the wheels really finish the look :chevy:

Happy 46th B-Day Camaro

What type of halos are you running? They're EXTREMELY bright during the day!

jameslk55 09-30-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 5636815)
Some photos of my "Project ZLRS" I am nearing completion of my ZL appearance items on my 2LT/RS all that is left are the side rockers, and the rear diffuser.

Enjoy haters move on nothing for you to see in this thread.

Never get tired of looking at your car. :D

I think the current side rockers and rear diffuser look great the way they are. But you can't go wrong with ZL1 side rockers and rear diffusers either. :thumbup:

01pewterz28 09-30-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmon (Post 5636877)
Car looks fantastic! Nice job!
Nothing wrong with doing a clone if you like the look...
Owners have been doing that to camaros since 1967.
Who needs 580hp in a street car anyway...I'd rather have the 30mpg.

I'm gonna give my red 2SS a 1LE look, cuz I like the look.....and mine is an auto......and they won't make those in an auto.

You just have to put the ZL1 badge on the hood and grill!

Thanks a 1LE clone will look sweet

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 5636885)
Looking awesome!

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0b0y (Post 5636893)
What type of halos are you running? They're EXTREMELY bright during the day!

OEM Halos rings I do have the color-changing halos from JDP Motorsports

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslk350 (Post 5636904)
Never get tired of looking at your car. :D

I think the current side rockers and rear diffuser look great the way they are. But you can't go wrong with ZL1 side rockers and rear diffusers either. :thumbup:

Yes I am am torn between the rockers and rear as I love the OEM GFX, for now I am done this year let's see what next year brings :D

Camarodriver 09-30-2012 12:54 AM

looks awesome! I had both a V6 and a V8 5th gen and they are both awesome cars! I spy Brembo brakes, are they real or just fake-plates covering the V6 brakes? I love the v-flag on the side fenders under the Camaro badge, I love that look best!
eB

snaphappy 09-30-2012 01:30 AM

those wheels are hot! they must have cost you a fortune!!!

2010 SSRS 09-30-2012 01:34 AM

Excellent job you have done with your Camaro, looks absolutely awesome, ignore the critics.

Atlas 09-30-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 5636912)

Yes I am am torn between the rockers and rear as I love the OEM GFX, for now I am done this year let's see what next year brings :D

Your GFX rockers look great on the car! I wouldn't switch them for the ZL1. The Argent Grey contrasts very nicely, giving the side profile a more muscular look.







Still mad jealous of your wheels :D

2010ABM 09-30-2012 02:21 AM

I think it looks great. Were you pleased with the quality of the replica hood? :w00t:

AdamZ 09-30-2012 05:54 AM

Bahaha you're trying to be a ZL1.
















Only saying this bc I can't afford the bumper and hood yet :cry:. Car looks fricking awesome. One thing I can't stand though is that ZL1 badge mount space. I would take a razor knife and try my best to get that off.

Gibroni 09-30-2012 07:09 AM

Disagree with a previous post. Swap those side rockers like you planned. The ones you hve now do not match the front splitter at all. I would also vinyl the center portion of that hood matte or CF. You should just put your RS badge in that spot on the grille.

Apex Motorsports 09-30-2012 07:21 AM

Looks great. It is your car, do whatever the hell you want to with it. If anything it is a great compliment to the ZL1 design.

01pewterz28 09-30-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodriver (Post 5636991)
looks awesome! I had both a V6 and a V8 5th gen and they are both awesome cars! I spy Brembo brakes, are they real or just fake-plates covering the V6 brakes? I love the v-flag on the side fenders under the Camaro badge, I love that look best!
eB

Thanks nope OEM Brembos I did the swap back in Jan 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaphappy (Post 5637051)
those wheels are hot! they must have cost you a fortune!!!

Thanks nope got them for a killer deal :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 5637057)
Excellent job you have done with your Camaro, looks absolutely awesome, ignore the critics.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlas (Post 5637078)
Your GFX rockers look great on the car! I wouldn't switch them for the ZL1. The Argent Grey contrasts very nicely, giving the side profile a more muscular look.
Still mad jealous of your wheels :D

Thanks :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010ABM (Post 5637102)
I think it looks great. Were you pleased with the quality of the replica hood? :w00t:

Yes very happy with the hood

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5637178)
Bahaha you're trying to be a ZL1.

Only saying this bc I can't afford the bumper and hood yet :cry:. Car looks fricking awesome. One thing I can't stand though is that ZL1 badge mount space. I would take a razor knife and try my best to get that off.

Still have not figured what I want to do to that area I purchased the close out overlay from Emblempros I was not happy with the look of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibroni (Post 5637225)
Disagree with a previous post. Swap those side rockers like you planned. The ones you hve now do not match the front splitter at all. I would also vinyl the center portion of that hood matte or CF. You should just put your RS badge in that spot on the grille.

The center is actually painted Ashen Grey Metallic just like the 2013's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 5637232)
Looks great. It is your car, do whatever the hell you want to with it. If anything it is a great compliment to the ZL1 design.

Thanks

jdenotter 09-30-2012 09:22 AM

Looks good but why must everyone piggyback on the ZL name..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Chris-10 09-30-2012 09:37 AM

Looks good man! I like it!

MackMan 09-30-2012 09:49 AM

Since you don't like the overlay for the grill, you should just get emblempros to make you a custom ZLRS emblem :D That'd be sweet!

Extremely jealous of your car. It's beautiful. :drool:

01pewterz28 09-30-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackMan (Post 5637475)
Since you don't like the overlay for the grill, you should just get emblempros to make you a custom ZLRS emblem :D That'd be sweet!

Extremely jealous of your car. It's beautiful. :drool:

I have one in the works

GaBoy25 09-30-2012 10:45 AM

Really nice

01pewterz28 09-30-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 5637627)
Really nice

Thanks

pierre777 09-30-2012 02:58 PM

Great work car looks sick .

tazz3 09-30-2012 11:53 PM

Very nice..looks great


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.