Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   45th Anniversary Modifications (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255455)

Brutal SS 10-14-2012 06:10 AM

45th Anniversary Modifications

If you own one, how do you feel about modding vs keeping it pure, and if you don't own one, how would you approach this issue if you did?

First I'd like to say that I love the 45ths, but I'm so glad that I did not get one. I don't know how you owners feel, but if I did own one, I would feel VERY limited on what I could do to modify it because of the "Anniversary Edition" status it has.

To me, this is part of the joy of owning a Camaro; modifying and personalizing it. However, because of the 45th being an anniversary edition, I would feel like I was doing something wrong by changing it in any significant way.

AdamZ 10-14-2012 06:15 AM

I wouldn't do anything cosmetic bc I love the look...you can always do performance though :thumbup: It can be a 1200HP Camaro and still be a 45th edition :D

Brutal SS 10-14-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5691752)
I wouldn't do anything cosmetic bc I love the look...you can always do performance though :thumbup: It can be a 1200HP Camaro and still be a 45th edition :D

Interesting. I didn't think about it that way. In other words, it would be sort of advantageous because you wouldn't have to even look at the cosmetic stuff, and totally focus on the performance mods.

Also, I would think owning one there would be a little less concern over preserving the warranty, as a car like the 45th is more likely to be treated as lifetime keeper. It's already an instant classic, and I think when it does become a classic, car collectors will be swooning over them.

AdamZ 10-14-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutal SS (Post 5691757)
Interesting. I didn't think about it that way. In other words, it would be sort of advantageous because you wouldn't have to even look at the cosmetic stuff, and totally focus on the performance mods.

Also, I would think owning one there would be a little less concern over preserving the warranty, as a car like the 45th is more likely to be treated as lifetime keeper. It's already an instant classic, and I think when it does become a classic, car collectors will be swooning over them.

I never want to get rid of this car, being my first sports car, I really want to get a 50th edition though. May have to trade in Eve for it. We'll see where I'm at in 5 years :D.

How cool would a COPO 45th have been. Kinda reppin Chevy and the Camaro history in the races. Too bad :thumbdown:

Stingray 10-14-2012 06:40 AM

Sooner or later, even bolt on mods will make the 45th more appealing... and more fun!

Jstephen 10-14-2012 08:10 AM

I would just be sure that any cosmetic changes can easily be brought back to stock. Lights, grill, easy things.

Unfortunately, I feel the even though these,are special number builds, there are a lot of them out there. I think someone put out the number and there are a total of about ten thousands. That is a lot of cars. If there were were 2500 total that might be a different story.

MistyBlu10 10-14-2012 08:30 AM

total build is around 6800 i believe 2206 RS, 600 RS verts, 2800 SS, 1600 SS verts
look at what ive done to mine in no way infringes on the 45th if anything it makes it more sought after

Magilla gorilla 10-14-2012 08:50 AM

I have added the heritage grill and a Stillen lower grill, added LED side marker lights, which to me makes the car look better.

The changes I've made can easily returned back to stock. I don't see where there is going to be a great value in the 45 th's as a collectors stand point.:chevy:

MistyBlu10 10-14-2012 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
you tell me ??

PatsRS 10-14-2012 09:00 AM

I think there is something to be said for both ways of thinking.

I have seen some excellent mods by 45th owners that in no way ruin the car for the future.
Then there is keeping a car stock which is perfectly fine also. The style speaks for it self. You can still Mod using GM part too (Heritage Grill for example)
At the end of the day it's, to each his own.

HER45th2SS 10-14-2012 09:34 AM

Every mod that I will be doing to our car will be able to be taken off & not affect the car in stock form.