Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE vs SLP (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258061)

Mike2ss 10-28-2012 01:17 PM

1LE vs SLP
 
I have been considering a 1LE and then came across a new 2010 SLP ZL575.

I am leaning towards the SLP, over 600 HP, brand new, less that 50 miles and almost as cheap as a new 1LE.

The SLP is loaded, what's you'lls thoughts?

L99CAMA2011 10-28-2012 02:03 PM

Get the 1LE you can make it a SLP ZL what ever if you want and still have those hot wheels, tranny cooling and what not plus better swaybars stock.

SGOS252382 10-28-2012 02:04 PM

Depends on your needs.
For a street car that you might take to the drag strip occasionally, I'd jump all over the SLP Supercharged setup (can't argue with HP).

But if your plans include road racing, road course, autocross, etc, the 1LE would be the car of choice.

joeybsyc 10-28-2012 02:40 PM

SLP.

2cnd chance 10-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2ss (Post 5746916)
I have been considering a 1LE and then came across a new 2010 SLP ZL575.

I am leaning towards the SLP, over 600 HP, brand new, less that 50 miles and almost as cheap as a new 1LE.

The SLP is loaded, what's you'lls thoughts?


How close to $37k?

ZL1 Spoked 10-28-2012 05:08 PM

SLP

scubadoo7 10-28-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 5747057)
Depends on your needs.
For a street car that you might take to the drag strip occasionally, I'd jump all over the SLP Supercharged setup (can't argue with HP).

But if your plans include road racing, road course, autocross, etc, the 1LE would be the car of choice.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Each car may have a purpose. It would be great to afford both!

v8 10-28-2012 05:14 PM

SLP

WHAMMO 10-28-2012 05:21 PM

Not sure the SLP is anywhere near the 1LE in price...its like saying ZL1 or 1LE..

Neriah 10-28-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 5747057)
Depends on your needs.
For a street car that you might take to the drag strip occasionally, I'd jump all over the SLP Supercharged setup (can't argue with HP).

But if your plans include road racing, road course, autocross, etc, the 1LE would be the car of choice.

:word:

Neriah 10-28-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 5747653)
Not sure the SLP is anywhere near the 1LE in price...its like saying ZL1 or 1LE..

a 2SS RS 1LE is almost the same price of the SLPs that are new on ebay that the op is talking about.

ZL1 Spoked 10-28-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 5747653)
Not sure the SLP is anywhere near the 1LE in price...its like saying ZL1 or 1LE..

:word:

WHAMMO 10-28-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neriah (Post 5747659)
a 2SS RS 1LE is almost the same price of the SLPs that are new on ebay that the op is talking about.

ahh yeah...it makes sense then. I'm thinking too much about my cheap 1SS 1LE hehe

68RSZ 10-28-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 5747057)

... if your plans include road racing, road course, autocross, etc, the 1LE would be the car of choice.

:word:


It depends on how long you are going to keep it, and how important your bumper to bumper 3year/ 36,000 miles and 5 year powertrain coverage is. It may be "new" untitled but has Chevrolet started the clock on the warranty?? The 3 year may be already be up on time.

Personally I think I would take the 1LE.

Chevy69er 10-28-2012 06:43 PM

I own a 2011 SLP ZL-585. Great car and i love the fact that the stripes are painted and cleared over instead of stickers. Mine dynod 499hp/490tq RWH with 500 miles on it. SLP gives a 5year 100k miles warranty also! Its a steal at 49k. Put some lightweight wheels and real rubber and swaybars and youll be good for autocrossing as well.

Best thing is they only produce 250 a year so its very unlikely youll ever see a SLP car just like yours. Buddy here got the first zl-1 in utah in march. There is allready 3 zl-1s same color and wheels as his here in town. Its not as unique as it was!

Go for SLP

charlie46 10-28-2012 06:56 PM

If your paying 49k for the slp skip it and pay up for the ZL1! The Zl1 is enginered to last.

midnighter 10-28-2012 07:02 PM

ZL1 ftw!. If not then the SLP is a well equipped car. To bad it's almost 3yo.

Chevy69er 10-28-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie46 (Post 5747967)
If your paying 49k for the slp skip it and pay up for the ZL1! The Zl1 is enginered to last.

If you have an additional 10k laying around put it into the SLP car and youll be eating ZL1s and gt500s for lunch!:chevy:

charlie46 10-28-2012 07:16 PM

Saw the pic on ebay of the 49k slp and looks dated. No comparison to the Zl1 which is only 8k more. If it was me I would go for the Zl1 and finance trough gm . If you want to save money like myself go for the 1le.

Chevy69er 10-28-2012 07:41 PM

To bad their not brand new. GM would give you 0% financng like they did my 11'!

Mike2ss 10-28-2012 08:16 PM

I wish a ZL1 was only 8,000 more, I can't find one where I'm at or on ebay for anything less than 61-65,000 and that's without the mark up.

These are fully loaded, drilled 16" rotors, 6 piston brembos on the front, lowered and adjustable sway bars.

Mike2ss 10-28-2012 08:18 PM

SLP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 5747057)
Depends on your needs.
For a street car that you might take to the drag strip occasionally, I'd jump all over the SLP Supercharged setup (can't argue with HP).

But if your plans include road racing, road course, autocross, etc, the 1LE would be the car of choice.

My plans don't include road racing, and I don't do much drag racing, I just wanted an upgrade in power and I really liked it being a 2010 (first yr car).

charlie46 10-28-2012 08:18 PM

many dealers in ny and nj area are selling Zl1s for sticker or just under sticker theres a new 12 in nj for 55k !

charlie46 10-28-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy69er (Post 5748010)
If you have an additional 10k laying around put it into the SLP car and youll be eating ZL1s and gt500s for lunch!:chevy:

If you put an additional 10k into the slp motor it wouldnt last a week! Ls3 is not designed to handle the stress of all that power.

L99CAMA2011 10-28-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2ss (Post 5748291)
My plans don't include road racing, and I don't do much drag racing, I just wanted an upgrade in power and I really liked it being a 2010 (first yr car).

Why on Gods green earth would you want a 2010 knowing that earlier cars has lots of bugs. My 2012 vs my 2011 is still way better. Swaybar studs for example are larger and more robust for larger swaybars, the 2010 studs were puny for like Honda civics. 1LE and ZL-1 has tranny coolers, diff coolers, electric power assist, dual mode exhaust. Screw 2010s.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.