Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   All-In-One Harness converts Markers into Turn Signals; controls Halos & DRLs TOO !! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259419)

Lite-Right 11-05-2012 04:37 PM

All-In-One Harness converts Markers into Turn Signals; controls Halos & DRLs TOO !!

NOW AVAILABLE: The All-In-One Harness OEM Sidemarker Version and now also available the All-In-One Harness LED Sidemarker Version!: ****IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP****

If you have any questions send a PM through Camaro 5 or email sales@lite-right.com

Price: $169.00 with free shipping. Will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking and Insurance.
SHIP TO US ONLY!

BUNDLE DISCOUNT: PSX26W or P13W Projector DRL LED's $54.00 for set save $10 when you buy the All-In-One Harness and our DRL LED's at the same time:
(see http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255978 )

To Order: Send us your email address via PM on Camaro5 or email to sales@lite-right.com and we will send a Paypal invoice.

If you prefer a Harness that does not convert the side markers into turn signals we also have "The RS Halo & DRL Harness with user configured Operating Modes" www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264744

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd9695da.jpg
*NEW* LED Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness is NOW AVAILABLE

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps11b44cea.jpg

Video of the OEM Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video of the new LED Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...Harness_v2.jpg

In stock and ready to ship!

sales@lite-right.com

LnLSS 11-05-2012 05:27 PM

Will this work with the AAC side markers?

Lite-Right 11-05-2012 06:16 PM

LnLss,

Our Dual Intensity Mode drives the LED side markers with +9V DC during "normal intensity" mode (markers on with headlights) and at +12V DC during "high intensity" mode (operating as a turn signal).

You will need to test your AAC side markers to see how they look when driven with +9V DC to make sure that "normal" mode illuminates them sufficiently.

Regards,

Keith

EDIT: We now offer the LED Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness for Camaro RS owners with aftermarket LED sidemarkers. With the new LED Sidemarker version, the sidemarkers are always operated in High Intensity Mode.

Monchy36 11-05-2012 06:29 PM

:popcorn:

plowxman 11-07-2012 12:24 AM

Maybe a discount for the first to buy wit LED Markers?? Just curious on where it will "plug and play"

FL1CK 11-07-2012 01:25 AM

Will you have options with this? Like just run the sidemarkers? And I would have to have front a rear sidemarkers, not just front. It wouldn't look right without the rears as well.

Lite-Right 11-07-2012 07:33 AM

plowxman,

Installation steps can be summarized as follows:

1. Turn the front wheels hard left to provide access to the right front wheel well.

2. Remove the three Torx screws holding the right front plastic fender liner in place.

3. Peel back fender liner, use flashlight to locate the wiring harness connector that feeds the control signals for the markers and DRLs from the chassis to the front fascia. Squeeze chassis-side connector and remove/disconnect from the fascia-side connector.

4. Plug Chassis-side connector into the All-In-One harness, and plug All-In-One harness into the fascia-side connector.

5. At this point, the "trunk" of the All-In-One harness has been connected, and there will be two branches (one long branch for the left side and a much shorter branch for the right side) that need to be routed and connected next.

6. On right side of car, locate the 4-pin connector that is plugged onto the headlight / halo assembly. Squeeze and remove / disconnect.

7. Route the right branch of the All-In-One harness up to the headlight location, and plug the harness into the headlight / halo assembly, then plug the original connector into the All-In-One harness. All connectors are matched pairs, you can't get it wrong.

8. Locate the Right Turn Signal connector and push back the conduit to expose the two wires. The Black one is ground, the other one (blue/white) is the hot one that we need to splice into. Use the supplied 3M scotchlok splice to splice the Turn Signal lead onto the Orange wire of the All-In-One Harness.

9. Repeat steps 6-8 on the left side. The Air Intake box must be opened, Air Filter removed, and intake scoop must be pushed back into the air box to gain access to the Turn Signal wire on the Left side. This is very easy to do.

10. Almost done... Now all that remains is to install the dual Intensity side marker LED lights. On right side, insert flat blade screwdriver into rear of marker light housing and put light inward pressure on the plastic retention finger that is holding the marker firmly in place. Now, insert the blue plastic pry bar included with the All-In-One harness into the small gap between the rear edge of the marker and the front fender. While pushing in with the screwdriver from the back side of the marker, push in with the plastic pry bar until it has sufficient "bite" and leverage to pop out the marker.

11. On the rear of the marker is the lamp holder. Rotate 1/4 Turn counter clockwise and the marker housing can be removed, leaving just the lamp holder.

12. Turn on the parking lights at this point, so the existing lamp is illuminated. Remove the existing lamp, and replace it with the dual-intensity LED light. If the LED light doesn't illuminate, you have it in backwards. Remove, rotate 180 degrees, and re-insert so that it illuminates.

13. Insert the parking light holder back into the marker housing, rotate 1/4 clockwise to lock it into place, then snap the marker assembly back into the front quarter panel.

14. Replace the Marker on the Left Side using the same procedure, and you are done.

No Cutting of Wires, No Soldering required !

Keith

Lite-Right 11-07-2012 07:52 AM

FL1CK,

The All-In-One harness is a universal, user-configurable harness. Jumper settings are provided that allow the user to customize the operation as desired. Do you want your Halos on during the day but not the DRLs? no problem, you can do that. Do you want your DRLs on at Night? no problem. Do you want to use a switch to control your DRL's at night? no problem.

It may be over-kill to buy this harness just to control the side markers, but you can use it that way if you'd like.

It makes sense to convert the front marker lights into dual intensity running lights / Turn Signals. The reason is that the front turn signals on the Camaro are recessed into the grill and completely blocked from view by cars, bikes and pedestrians that are located to the side of your car. When you are intending to turn in their direction, they will now be able to tell because the front marker light will blink. This is a great mod in so many ways. It really isn't needed for the rear markers, in our opinion.

There are no issues with the "match" between the new dual-intensity LED lights in the front with the stock marker lamp in the rear. The normal-intensity mode of the front LED lights is equal to the stock marker lamp bulb that it replaced, so it matches the rear intensity extremely well. The High-intensity mode of the front LED light is significantly brighter than the rear.

However, if you were to install this harness on a car that has LED Marker lights installed front and rear, it will reduce the intensity of the front markers for normal operation, and will use full-intensity mode for signaling turns. The rear markers will always be in full-intensity mode, so that might look odd. There are some simple mods for the rear LED markers that could be done to reduce the intensity to match the fronts, but it would require some experimentation. PM us if you'd like to explore this option.

Thanks,

Keith

Lite-Right 11-10-2012 06:22 AM

PRODUCTION UPDATE: We are on track to ship initial orders for the new All-In-One Harness during the week of Thanksgiving.

11/15 UPDATE -- we are ahead of schedule. All parts are NOW IN STOCK !! NOW TAKING ORDERS for immediate shipment

Lite-Right 11-14-2012 08:10 PM

Here is a picture of the All-In-One Harness.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_2857.jpg

Shown here are the dual-intensity LEDs and plastic tool included in the kit to use during side-marker removal:

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_2863.jpg

We've also updated the Teaser Video at the top of the page !

Keith

Lexen 11-19-2012 08:01 PM

Hi Keith,

With this harness, would you be able to turn the lights off manually or are they always on no matter what light dial setting you have it on?

Lite-Right 11-19-2012 08:07 PM

The harness includes a provision for an external switch to control the DRLs.
There are two wires brought out from the controller module that are "normally open".
When you short these two wires together, it turns off the DRLs.

So, if you don't want to use an external switch, you just leave these two wires alone.
But, if you want to use a switch, you connect them to a Normally Closed switch. When you turn the switch "ON", that opens up the wires and the DRLs are on. When you turn the switch "OFF", the wires are shorted and the DRLs are off.

This is a standard feature included in our All-In-One Harness. It is not an added cost option.

There is no change to how your factory headlight switch operates, other than the fact that your Halos will now be on with your DRLs during the day (but not your side markers), and your DRLs will be on at night with your headlights.

Of course, if you want to run with only your Halos on during the day, you can do that by removing the jumper switch for "DRLs On during Day". The All-In-One Harness is fully user-configurable via jumper settings as described in the first post.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Keith

Lexen 11-20-2012 09:09 PM

Hi Keith,

Please excuse me on this, I'm not too experienced with the harnesses. There are several harnesses out there but none that seem to do what I'm looking for. Basically, I'm looking for only the halo's to be the auto-day mode and everything(including fogs) to be on during the night in auto mode. I know your harness allows this through jumper settings, however, I'd also like the option to turn off the lights manually. Will turning the the factory lighting knob to the left turn off all lights similar to stock? I'd prefer the factory switch to turn off the lights rather than installing a separate on/off switch if possible.

Lite-Right 11-20-2012 09:16 PM

Lexen,

Yes, the All-In-One will work as you've described.

You'll need to remove the "DRL On during Day" Jumper so that the DRLs will be off during the day, but your Halos will be ON during the day. So your Halos will basically become your daytime running lights. They will come on automatically during daylight when your light switch is in the auto position, just like the DRLs do without a harness.

There is a separate jumper that controls DRL operation at night. You'll want to leave that jumper in place, so when your headlights come on, so will the DRLs. The DRLs will come on at night when your light switch is in Auto mode and your DRLs will also come on when you manually turn on your headlights.

Keith

Lite-Right 11-23-2012 08:59 AM

BUNDLE DISCOUNT: Save $10 when you buy the All-In-One Harness plus a set of our P13W or PSX26W LED Projector DRL lights.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255978

AKA-51 11-23-2012 09:08 AM

bookmark

parkerss 11-23-2012 09:45 AM

marked :)

FNG 11-29-2012 07:52 AM

Just found this post thanks to a fellow club member, blues45th, posting a link on our club forums.

Color me impressed (and very interested). I have the "concept LED side markers" from AAC and I'm curious to see just how "odd" it might look when using the front side markers with "dual intensity".... I'm also curious to see if you could make an additional harness for the rear side marker lights.... I'd love to have them work the same way the fronts do with this harness. (it would resolve the brightness differences in when in lower intensity mode)

- Jay

Lite-Right 11-29-2012 09:21 AM

PM Sent

FNG 11-29-2012 01:27 PM

Thank you, sir. :) replied

Also, "Protection Diodes prevent back-feed on all power signals" is something that is a huge selling point in my opinion.

ViperV12 12-07-2012 02:30 PM

Just as a thought, being an Electronics Technologist it shoulldn't be that difficult to change the markers to be bright all the time and only go to the low intensity when the blinkers are active!!!

Lite-Right 12-08-2012 11:22 AM

ViperV12,

We considered a similar approach for the All-In-One harness but decided to optimize this version of the design for Camaro RS owners that are using factory side markers. The dual intensity LEDs included in our kit match the rear factory side markers extremely well when in normal night time operating mode, and they are of course brighter than the stock rear markers when using high intensity mode to signal turns.

For Camaro RS owners who have installed high intensity LED side markers from one of the vendors selling them here, the simplest near term solution is to cut the power signal feed to each of the rear markers and insert a series resistor to limit the current and reduce the intensity. This has the added benefit of "dimming down" the high intensity LED side markers slightly during normal night time operation, as they are typically quite bright.

EDIT: We now offer the LED Sidemarker Version of the All-In-One Harness, designed specifically for Camaro RS owners with aftermarket LED sidemarkers -- including the Ghosted and Tinted types.

Best Regards,

Keith

Lite-Right 12-11-2012 11:20 AM

UPDATE: The All-In-One harness can be special-ordered with the "High Beam Bypass" feature, so that when your Headlights are on High Beams, your DRLs automatically shut off.

In some states, it is illegal to have fog lights ON concurrently with High Beams.
When you have high power LED lights in your DRLs, and you have them on at night, they may look like fog lights.

To avoid having that discussion with the local police or State Inspection station staff, we can build your All-In-One Harness with this feature upon request. No extra charge.

Instead of providing the option for an external switch for DRL On/Off control, we will wire the DRL control to the High Beam Enable signal that feeds the headlights. Whenever High Beams are ON, DRLs will be OFF.

If you require this option, please specify "High Beam Bypass" when you send us your order request.

NOTE: The High Beam Bypass option requires the use of LED DRL bulbs. It will not work with the yellowish OEM filament bulbs.

Keith

OKCwhiteKnight 12-11-2012 06:41 PM

As far as adding a switch to turn drl/fogs off/on (illegal to have them on without fog in some states) makes sense. My ? is, are the wires long enough to run into the car where you would wire a switch. I have my drl/fogs wired to my side markers presently,so they are on at night and have not been stopped for having them on,but it be nice to have the option.I turn my oem headlight switch to off during the day so they won't be on.

Lite-Right 12-11-2012 07:06 PM

OKCwhiteKnight,

The Orange and Yellow wires for connection to an external switch are only 12" long. You can add a wireless switch that will be powered by the Orange Wire that provides +12VDC from the All-In-One Harness, or you can extend these wires to install a switch inside the cabin.

Regards,

--Keith