Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any Hampton Road Va Guys around? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26032)

Dano 06-05-2009 04:23 PM

Any Hampton Road Va Guys around?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone from the Hampton Roads area is a member. If so did anyone get there car yet?

Duke Chevrolet in Suffolk is the only dealer I found that is willing to see at MSRP. I have a Black 2SS/RS with SIM Rally stripes 20" Polished wheels that is at 3400 on order from them. They have been a great dealership, all the others have wanted 5-7K over MSRP.

Top Thrill 06-05-2009 04:48 PM

I went out of town to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA to order mine at MSRP. My Dad lives up their. I am waiting on my vin to show up. It should be any day.

z06invb 06-06-2009 10:10 PM

Va. Beach here. Was hoping to find someone local to honor supplier pricing. No way. RK, Priority and Colonial are all marked up. I have dealt with Duke out in Suffolk before and they are honest folks. Guess I will keep trying out of the area.

Tsudy 06-07-2009 01:36 AM

Ditto on Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA. Ordered mine yesterday @ MSRP. Was a bit of a drive for me but well worth it. The entire process was completely painless. I recommend asking for Nicole Lee. Her and John Clampett were both stellar to do business with.

Top Thrill 06-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsudy (Post 560312)
Ditto on Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA. Ordered mine yesterday @ MSRP. Was a bit of a drive for me but well worth it. The entire process was completely painless. I recommend asking for Nicole Lee. Her and John Clampett were both stellar to do business with.

It is a 3 hour drive for me. I know Northern VA traffic can be bad but I don,t think it took you that long. Did they give you any idea when you may get your car?

cam2fst4u 06-07-2009 09:51 AM

Sounds like I might have to check out Country again... Last time I was there wasn't a very good experience been about 4 years ago maybe

Tsudy 06-07-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Thrill (Post 560651)
It is a 3 hour drive for me. I know Northern VA traffic can be bad but I don,t think it took you that long. Did they give you any idea when you may get your car?

On Friday (06/05/09) I was told that if I placed my order within a week then I could expect the car to arrive late August or early September. That's at least the ballpark on it - I'm thinking September is more likely with the week off that the plant has for the Independence Day holiday.

Give Nicole Lee a call to inquire: 540-905-4083 x2091 or email nicolepagelee@yahoo.com

While I may be really early in the whole ordering process - I'm incredibly skeptical of car dealerships in general due to bad past experiences when living in Seattle. I've contacted six dealerships in a 100 mile radius and working with Nicole has been, hands down, the best experience thus far for me buying a car - ever.

If you do order, John Clampitt (540-905-4083 x5623 or jclampitt4@yahoo.com) will likely be placing the actual order. He was also very personable, upfront, and honest. They have a great sense of humor there as well. Personally I'd say it's worth the three hour drive.

Just mention that Mike from Fairfax recommended both of them =)

Tsudy 06-07-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam2fst4u (Post 560674)
Sounds like I might have to check out Country again... Last time I was there wasn't a very good experience been about 4 years ago maybe

That's no good! Well if there used to be issues, then hopefully that's all in the past.

opsldo 06-07-2009 01:57 PM

I live in Virginia Beach too, ended up ordering from Heritage Chevrolet in Chester. They gave me the GM Military discount and -750.00 for USAA. I did it all by fax and email so I am pretty happy. I can't believe the dealers in this area won't sell the cars for MSRP at a minimum. I hope that people in this area do not do business with them in the future. Eventually they will have to sell them at or below MSRP.

We did go drive a 2LT that is at RK Chevrolet. Just a little way to get back at them. Told them if they want to sell cars they may want to stop trying to rob people and look to the future for customers who will recommend them to their friends and family.

RS69 06-07-2009 07:51 PM

We picked my daughters up may 20th. 2lt RS blk/blk. w/pol. 20's Ilove the car. Just moved up when I going to order my V8. bought from col.chev. and did fine on the deal. I posted a pick from the show today over on the blk pic thread.:):thumbup:

Dano 06-11-2009 10:24 AM

I hit 3800 yesterday, I am so stoked. VIN # 16991 this means hopefully my car should be here in the next couple of weeks.

BTW, DUKE Chevrolet in Suffolk still has a Silver/Black 2SS L99 that is not sold. It is also @ 3800 and should be here in a few weeks. If anyone is interested contact Paul Phillips he will treat you well and keep you informed of everything and all movements on the car. They are selling at MSRP, they are the only one in Hampton Roads that I know of that is selling at MSRP.

Sorry for the little promo, but thought I would help anyone out that may be looking for a 2SS.

silverfox 06-20-2009 03:49 PM

Hi everyone this is my first post on these forums but i have been reading discussions here for a month.
As far as that silver ss at Duke automotive-forget it-I picked it up friday the 19th and it's in my driveway in portsmouth!
Robbie Robertson is the man to see there. I paid msrp there after seeing big markups at all the other chevy dealers in tidewater. One even had a $10,000 markup and it's on western branch blvd. near 664
I was mobbed by lookers at the 7-eleven last night!lol

vdevine 06-20-2009 05:52 PM

Ordered mine from Country Chevy(at MSRP minus my $750 USAA discount) and I live 70 miles from Radley Chevy where I live. I wasn't paying over MSRP (refused).

elockhart 06-20-2009 08:19 PM

got mine from Whitlow Chevrolet in Richmond Virginia at MSRP 804-320-8000 ask for Brett Howell, very nice salesman. bhowell@whitlowchevrolet.com

chevyluv7 06-21-2009 07:07 PM

Im from Poquoson Va. Picked up my black 2SS/RS CGM Rallys Polished wheels LS3 on fri. 6/19. Ordered from Casey Chevrolet. I drove it about 100 miles the weekend and LOVE IT.:thumbsup:

Top Thrill 06-23-2009 08:41 PM

Mine was delivered to my dealer in Warrenton late yesterday. I will be driving up on Saturday it pick it up.

YellowFin 06-25-2009 09:47 PM

I'm in Richmond during the week and Chesapeake (hometown), Western Branch to be exact, on the weekends. I purchased mine from Priority Chevrolet. They are always good to deal with.

Top Thrill 06-26-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowFin (Post 621275)
I'm in Richmond during the week and Chesapeake (hometown), Western Branch to be exact, on the weekends. I purchased mine from Priority Chevrolet. They are always good to deal with.

I have bought 2 cars from Priority in the past and I would ordered the Camaro from them. It was the $5000 over MSRP that lost the deal for them. They will still get my service work on it. It least I can say they were up front about it.

What did up get? Do you have it yet? VIN#?

Top Thrill 06-27-2009 07:32 PM

I picked mine up today. What some fun. Had my picture taken from someone using thier phone within 4 miles of leaving the delership. Will post picks when I get home on Sunday.

Wareal 06-29-2009 09:15 PM

If anyone in Virginia Beach is interested in ordering a new Camaro at MSRP from open allocation send me a PM.

radianteclipse 06-30-2009 07:40 PM

Odered from Heritage

Quote:

Originally Posted by opsldo (Post 561128)
I live in Virginia Beach too, ended up ordering from Heritage Chevrolet in Chester. They gave me the GM Military discount and -750.00 for USAA. I did it all by fax and email so I am pretty happy. I can't believe the dealers in this area won't sell the cars for MSRP at a minimum. I hope that people in this area do not do business with them in the future. Eventually they will have to sell them at or below MSRP.

We did go drive a 2LT that is at RK Chevrolet. Just a little way to get back at them. Told them if they want to sell cars they may want to stop trying to rob people and look to the future for customers who will recommend them to their friends and family.

I ordered my 2SS/RS blk/blk L99/A6 from Heritage Chevrolet in Chester, VA this weekend (6/27) at MRSP. It was worth the 90 mile drive from Chesapeake. They even gave me a quote on my trade in that would be honored unless something drastically happened, ie: wreck/repair/excessive mileage. (2004 Corvette Convertible less than 25,000miles). It will not be in until October. What time frame were you given? I still have not been given my 1100, so I will call/email and get that this week just to make sure it has been put in the system. They seemed very upfront and honest. Only time will tell!:iono:

Top Thrill 07-03-2009 10:55 PM

Was out driving my Camaro, west on 64 in VA Beach, when I saw a SIM LT RS in front of me. I had to catch up to him, Two Camaros in the same place at the same time on the hiway. This is only the 2nd one I have seen on the road other then my own. I LOVE MY CAR.

buelldude 07-09-2009 08:47 PM

Well new to the site, sounds like everyone is doing good on getting a price that fits them. I got MSRP for my car at hampton, this is a car that just came in and I went for it. I didn't have one on order, I just got lucky. I haven't seen any others on the road yet. I think it would be cool if we could all GTG and get a pic and post it here????? ANY takers?
It feels good to be back in one, its been 10 years since I sold my last camaro.

79transam 07-09-2009 09:05 PM

VA Beach here...just waiting on my black SS that I ordered from Duke last month.

Grinder19 07-10-2009 10:50 PM

Williamsburg here.....started my order search back in Jan and couldn't find a dealer anywhere from Richmond to VB who would honor GMS pricing. Placed my order in Feb from a dealership in MI. Brought the beast home last week and have been loving every minute driving.