Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Why a 1LE and not a Z06 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260436)

the_fast_one 11-11-2012 10:16 PM

Why a 1LE and not a Z06
 
This is still my dilemma so I am wondering why you chose the 1LE.
for the 40-43k you can get an older (2006-08) Z06 with under 25k.
Why did "you" choose the 1LE. A Z is a better track car, more hp, but does not have the room. Just wondering because everyday I seem to go from one side of the fence to the other. :popcorn:

snickerdoodle 11-11-2012 10:21 PM

There are a couple of reasons why I didn't (I almost went with a Z06) to get one in great condition it was quite a bit more than a new 1LE where are with the Camaro I could get it new. For the power I want, It is easier for me with the LS3. maintenance is more expensive. Insurance is a lot more. Also, the Vette is slightey less practical because it is my DD.

Bad@ssCamaro 11-11-2012 10:22 PM

For me, I think the Camaro is the better DD as well as having it to perform on the track on an occasional basis. And having something newer is cool too. :D

midnighter 11-11-2012 10:23 PM

New vs. preowned is all can imagin. Z06 is a sweet ride!

JimE 11-11-2012 10:25 PM

Personal preference and a matter of how it will be used. I don't even consider it to be a choice between one or the other. Two different markets.

Nick S 11-11-2012 10:37 PM

It might come down to appearance too. The Camaro just has that look and stance. Not that a Z06 doesn't look cool and mean...but to me Corvettes are styled more for business (Aerodynamics, etc...) and less for menacing looks. When you put the two cars next to each other and judge them on looks alone and don't consider any weight or performance aspects, I think a lot of people would choose the camaro's styling over a Vette.
But I have contemplated the same question in my head. I've done some searching for used ZO6's and have found a few nice ones for around 45K. Pretty hard to not see the ZO6 as a better buy for performance at that price when it's much lighter and has the LS7.

MarkSS 11-11-2012 10:43 PM

Two reasons mainly:

1. I have two kids and that limits the usefulness of any Corvette.

2. The price, for me 1SS, GM Card, Private offer... was more like $10,000 difference, if you can really find a good one for 43K, most in my area are more like 47.

Blue10CamaroSS 11-11-2012 10:43 PM

I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one :laugh:

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil :thumbup:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n/DSCF0555.jpg

the_fast_one 11-11-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 5798706)
Personal preference and a matter of how it will be used. I don't even consider it to be a choice between one or the other. Two different markets.

Not really two different markets as both are track cars and about super close on track times. I get the personal preference as on has back seats and the other not so much. I was just wondering the reasons as both are on the plate for me. I have no reason for back seats but loved my cts-v because of the extra room but never found a reason to be mad at my vette for lacking the seats. :iono:

scubadoo7 11-12-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fast_one (Post 5798661)
This is still my dilemma so I am wondering why you chose the 1LE.
for the 40-43k you can get an older (2006-08) Z06 with under 25k.
Why did "you" choose the 1LE. A Z is a better track car, more hp, but does not have the room. Just wondering because everyday I seem to go from one side of the fence to the other. :popcorn:

I see your point. As for me, i own a 2005 Lemans blue Z51 e-force (554 hp) convertible. I ordered the 1LE,to have the option of tracking, as not allowed to do so in the vette with no roll bar. Also, i actually like both Camaro and Corvette equally, and will have 2 awesome cars in my garage! I say if you can afford to, keep the Z, and buy a cool Camaro!:thumbup:

scubadoo7 11-12-2012 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Blue10CamaroSS;5798749]I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one :laugh:

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil :thumbup:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n/DSCF0555.jpg[That's what i'm talking about! Vetts and camaros look good together!:chevy:

SUKXOST 11-12-2012 07:40 PM

1LE practicality = 1LE win
1LE styling IMO = 1LE win
1LE stomps 302's all day for several thousands less and not having to resort to a ZO6 to beat them = 1LE win
Corvette SCREAMS mid life crisis = 1LE win

ZO6 is a bad@ss car but just rather build my 1LE for cheaper and chuck deuces at them in my rear view :P

ZWA SS 11-12-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS (Post 5798749)
I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one :laugh:

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil :thumbup:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n/DSCF0555.jpg

You sir are a winner! :thumbup: :bow: :drool: awesome cars!!
I would choose the 1LE. But my only reason is I've never thought of myself as a Corvette guy. The Camaro just seems more practical.
But there seems to be no wrong answer as they are both phenomenal machines..

Dr. Evil 11-12-2012 09:49 PM

I have 7 year old son who I want to introduce to all things car related. The wife also enjoys cruise type events, shows and occasional track events. I've had a vette for the last 10+ years, two to be exact and they both saw a quite of bit of track time. The camaro is a bit slower being just a 2ss and not a 1LE but its still alot of fun. I was close to pulling the trigger on a 1ss 1le but opted for a 2 ss non 1le for now. Gonna wait till other owners have a year or two with the 1le in the real world and see how it performs.

2008yellow 11-12-2012 10:18 PM

To up above with the 427 Vette convert. The 427 vert is a great car but it is not a ZO6. Starting with no aluminum frame like a real Z and 7-8 other things. But I am nit picking. Ive had a couple zs and they are lighter and a little faster and handle better than the vert. I think the 427 vert is a great car and for GM a good money maker but in my mind not close to what a ZO6 is about. OK flame away. I going back to the Z so what ever>

newb 11-13-2012 03:32 AM

Practicality. I don't want to choose which one of my sons gets to ride in the cool car with daddy I want them both to be there!

ZL1 Spoked 11-13-2012 03:34 AM

[QUOTE=scubadoo7;5801787]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS (Post 5798749)
I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one :laugh:

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil :thumbup:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...n/DSCF0555.jpg[That's what i'm talking about! Vetts and camaros look good together!:chevy:

Those are bad-ass. You definitely made the right decision. That Vette is amazing.

dshep214 11-13-2012 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 442770 I absolutely love vettes. I will have one if I trade the camaro or not. I honestly love the look of both and the vette does look mean.

2008yellow 11-13-2012 11:08 PM

Some problems with the LS7 engines, check Corvette forum. I still love the ZO6 though. the light weight makes it sweet. Like both our Camaros. I think we need more NA power or lighter car.

caverman 11-14-2012 12:48 AM

At 6' 5" I have a hell of a time getting in/out and just sitting in my neighbors C6 Z06. I actually fit better in a C5 than a C6. The Camaro has way more room for me. I also have kids which is another + for Camaro but even without kids I would still have the Camaro over the Vette. It's just more my type of car. I've always been a Camaro guy and have owned my '69 since I was 16 yrs old.

I will say my neighbors bone stock C6 Z06 feels way faster than my modded Camaro. However, I will also say that I have a friend with a C5 Z06 and I beat him by a 1 second average the last time we went Auto-X together.

the_fast_one 11-14-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2008yellow (Post 5806278)
Some problems with the LS7 engines, check Corvette forum. I still love the ZO6 though. the light weight makes it sweet. Like both our Camaros. I think we need more NA power or lighter car.

Been a member on corvette forum since 01 and the valve problem is a little blown out of proportion after talking to the c6z owners. Like most internet stuff you always hear when stuff goes wrong as there is no reason to post when stuff goes right. I'm leaning towards thew vette at the moment as I really miss mine. I am waiting til I get to be behind the wheel of the 1le before final judgement. What ever I get its gonna get the full intake, heads, cam, exhaust treatment.

SGOS252382 11-14-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caverman (Post 5806576)
At 6' 5" I have a hell of a time getting in/out and just sitting in my neighbors C6 Z06. I actually fit better in a C5 than a C6. The Camaro has way more room for me. I also have kids which is another + for Camaro but even without kids I would still have the Camaro over the Vette. It's just more my type of car. I've always been a Camaro guy and have owned my '69 since I was 16 yrs old.

I will say my neighbors bone stock C6 Z06 feels way faster than my modded Camaro. However, I will also say that I have a friend with a C5 Z06 and I beat him by a 1 second average the last time we went Auto-X together.



My neighbor bought a new C6 and sold it after about 3-4 months because he couldn't handle the ride quality (sit basically on the floor, hard to get in and out of, stiff suspension, etc).
It's not for everyone.

caverman 11-14-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fast_one (Post 5807088)
Been a member on corvette forum since 01 and the valve problem is a little blown out of proportion after talking to the c6z owners. Like most internet stuff you always hear when stuff goes wrong as there is no reason to post when stuff goes right. I'm leaning towards thew vette at the moment as I really miss mine. I am waiting til I get to be behind the wheel of the 1le before final judgement. What ever I get its gonna get the full intake, heads, cam, exhaust treatment.

Honestly, in that scenario, you should look for a used and modded Z06. Let someone else pay for all the upgrades. Nothing wrong with a vette.....it's just a Camaro is more in line for some people.

I'll be willing to bet if you're leaning more towards a vette then you probably won't be happy with a 1LE. The power difference alone from a Z06 (especially a modded Z06) is going o be way more than with the 1LE. You would probably have to have both cars at a track scenario to really feel the difference between them. A 10 min drive at the dealer is probably not going to get you and acurate feel for the car.

Just my opinion......

JimE 11-15-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fast_one (Post 5798860)
Not really two different markets as both are track cars and about super close on track times. I get the personal preference as on has back seats and the other not so much. I was just wondering the reasons as both are on the plate for me. I have no reason for back seats but loved my cts-v because of the extra room but never found a reason to be mad at my vette for lacking the seats. :iono:

You are assuming they will see track time. Most of both models, bought by most people, will never see the track.

In the end, it all boils to what YOU want. For all of the ways that I will use the car, the Camaro is the better choice. Not too mention pricing.

And yes, two different markets. Racing/track use aside, the Camaro is a "muscle car" (Camaro, Mustang, Challenger), the Corvette is a "supercar", normally in the class of performance exotic cars. They aren't typically associated nor compared.

L99CAMA2011 11-17-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshep214 (Post 5803196)
Attachment 442770 I absolutely love vettes. I will have one if I trade the camaro or not. I honestly love the look of both and the vette does look mean.

I'm sorry but the Vette is one sick looking MOFO. Still debating on trading for one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.