Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cadillac LSA pictures - directly from GM (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2611)

Mr. Wyndham 01-18-2008 01:33 PM

Cadillac LSA pictures - directly from GM

6 Attachment(s)
Someone had to do it:thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 01-18-2008 02:07 PM

OOOOOHhhhhhhb......hubba hubba....me likey. Can't wait for GM to release pix of the SC engine in the Camaro!!! C'mon GM!!! Do it!

SilverTurtle 01-18-2008 02:51 PM

and some people wonder why I dont look at pr0n :D

Mr. Wyndham 01-18-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 40368)
and some people wonder why I dont look at pr0n :D

Oh, but you are!! The engine's all nekked!;) ;)

2010_5thgen 01-18-2008 05:48 PM

so is there any talk of this being the fastest cts made and the fastest they will ever make, kinda like what they said about the zr1 ??

EllwynX 01-18-2008 06:09 PM

Ok, I'll admit it. Those pics mean absolutely nothing to me.

It's just a bunch of parts and metal/plastic chunks... I couldn't tell you what a single thing was or what it did.

Mr. Wyndham 01-18-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 40411)

It's just a bunch of parts and metal/plastic chunks... I couldn't tell you what a single thing was or what it did.

It's all :w00t:. But you're missing out, my friend. There's a whole world to discover under your hood....

KILLER74Z28 01-19-2008 01:03 AM

:bow: :confused0068: Nice... I want one...

SilverTurtle 01-19-2008 01:07 AM

I have it coming from two sides... not only am I a car enthusiast/mechanic, I'm also a mechanical engineer by education, so these exploded views of the engines just make me drool... to me, its like looking at pr0n to most people... I just sit and stare at it for what seems like hours... looking at every part and trying to justify and rationalize its existence in the engine... figuring out what bolts hold what parts in each place... seeing how the machining looks on each surface and trying to figure out what the engineers were thinking when they made the molds and decisions for each part...

I'm psychotic, I know... lol

CamaroSpike23 01-19-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 40457)
I have it coming from two sides... not only am I a car enthusiast/mechanic, I'm also a mechanical engineer by education, so these exploded views of the engines just make me drool... to me, its like looking at pr0n to most people... I just sit and stare at it for what seems like hours... looking at every part and trying to justify and rationalize its existence in the engine... figuring out what bolts hold what parts in each place... seeing how the machining looks on each surface and trying to figure out what the engineers were thinking when they made the molds and decisions for each part...

I'm psychotic, I know... lol

i know how you feel turtle.

i am in school for mechanical/aeronautical engineering. right now im employed working on $238mil. aircraft. i look at this pic and the ones of the LS9 and slowly put the engine together in my mind. i love the 6 bolt mains, not a fan of the single intercooler, i like the twin ones on the ls9 but still... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

DGthe3 01-19-2008 03:00 PM

Another engineering student here. Magnificent mechanical beauty.

radz28 01-22-2008 11:34 AM

I'm no engineer but I know what I'm looking at, and it's even better than p0rn!

Grape Ape 01-22-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 40411)

Well here is what I see:

The LSA has a smaller blower & intercooler than the LS9. So it will take more than a pully swap to make LS9 power with an LSA. :(

Both the LS8 & LSA have the bosses for AFM (but they are not drilled out), which implies that this is the same block as the L76. Which in turn implies that you could build your own GT500 fighter if GM won't do it. :D

camarocrazy28 01-22-2008 09:22 PM

I like it but don't count on it in any Camaro.