Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Radio Feedback (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26405)

trudawg660 06-08-2009 03:23 PM

Radio Feedback

in every car i have had and seen when you push the back button the song that is playing starts over. well with the camaro it doesn’t do that it goes to the song before it. which is very annoying if i just want to start the song over again, i have to push the back button and then click the forward button.

Terrellford12 06-08-2009 03:52 PM

STP BITCHIN AT LEAST YOU HAVE YOUR CAR LOL

Adam 06-08-2009 05:14 PM

I actually like it this way, I more often want to backtrack than start a song over.

However, I would appreciate some rewind/forward stuff unless I just haven't figured that out yet.

And is there a pause button?

Number 3 06-08-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudawg660 (Post 564402)
in every car i have had and seen when you push the back button the song that is playing starts over. well with the camaro it doesn’t do that it goes to the song before it. which is very annoying if i just want to start the song over again, i have to push the back button and then click the forward button.

Are you playing a CD or using an MP3 player? My iPhone with the steering wheel controls goes back to the start of the current song when I scroll back. Skips to the next track when I scroll forward.

bigd1276 06-08-2009 05:26 PM

So you have to push the button twice???? Take it back!

trudawg660 06-08-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 564872)
I actually like it this way, I more often want to backtrack than start a song over.

However, I would appreciate some rewind/forward stuff unless I just haven't figured that out yet.

there isnt a pause button there is only a mute, and a off.

trudawg660 06-08-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 564909)
Are you playing a CD or using an MP3 player? My iPhone with the steering wheel controls goes back to the start of the current song when I scroll back. Skips to the next track when I scroll forward.

i am using my ipod, and it doesnt do that. it goes from song number 4 to song number 3 if i click the back button, thats with the steering wheel controls and the control on the cd player.

trudawg660 06-08-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd1276 (Post 564919)
So you have to push the button twice???? Take it back!

no, like if you are halfway through song number 4 and you want to start it over. you push the back button and it goes to song number 3. then you have to click the forward button to get back to song number 4.

trudawg660 06-08-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrellford12 (Post 564539)
STP BITCHIN AT LEAST YOU HAVE YOUR CAR LOL

yes am one of the lucky ones to get their car (and i pre-ordered in November, am not one of the line jumpers). and i would deal with the problems if i had no choice. but one of the people that makes the firmware is a member of camaro5.

Terrellford12 06-08-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudawg660 (Post 565145)
yes am one of the lucky ones to get their car (and i pre-ordered in November, am not one of the line jumpers). and i would deal with the problems if i had no choice. but one of the people that makes the firmware is a member of camaro5.

SO THEY CAN UPDATE IT AND MAKE IT RIGHT?

bigd1276 06-08-2009 06:56 PM

Has anyone else who has received their car noticed this?

trudawg660 06-08-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrellford12 (Post 565214)
SO THEY CAN UPDATE IT AND MAKE IT RIGHT?

Yes

codeman71 06-09-2009 06:34 AM

Hmm...that doesn't seem to be operating properly. It could be for some reason your iPod that's not functioning properly. When I designed the interface, I specified that it would operate like you are saying, if you are in the middle of the song, press the back button and it starts the current song over. If you are towards the beginning of the song, it will go to the previous song, but it shouldn't always do that. Are you able to test it with a USB drive to see if it functions the same way? Unfortunately I don't have quick access to a Camaro to test this out myself, but if I get a chance soon I'll see what happens when I press the previous button.

codeman71 06-09-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 564872)

Yeah, just hold down the previous/next button to rewind/fast forward through the song.

trudawg660 06-09-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman71 (Post 566843)
Hmm...that doesn't seem to be operating properly. It could be for some reason your iPod that's not functioning properly. When I designed the interface, I specified that it would operate like you are saying, if you are in the middle of the song, press the back button and it starts the current song over. If you are towards the beginning of the song, it will go to the previous song, but it shouldn't always do that. Are you able to test it with a USB drive to see if it functions the same way? Unfortunately I don't have quick access to a Camaro to test this out myself, but if I get a chance soon I'll see what happens when I press the previous button.

Give me a minute i will go outside and find out with a flash drive.

Update:
i just plugged in my flash drive and it does the samething.