Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Issues with USB Flash Drives (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26408)

daniel@txangl.com 06-08-2009 03:33 PM

Issues with USB Flash Drives
 
Hey all, I have noticed issues with the USB and Flash drives. I have an 8gig USB drive that plays fine for the first few on/off sequences in the car, however, after a while, the display will freeze on the last song played but will keep playing new tracks. When this happens, I can no longer hit menu to select random, search, anything. Unplugging the USB drive for a while "resets" it. At times, the USB option from the source list will dissapear after this has happened. Has anyone else seen this? What USB keys are you using? It's very annoying. Also as mentioned in another thread, the radio does NOT remember your random play settings.

trudawg660 06-08-2009 03:38 PM

i have only used the flash drive like two times never had a problem, i use my ipod most of the time, it makes a ticking sound when you are scrolling through the artist and etc.

LDGn63 06-13-2009 01:14 PM

using a thumbdrive is flaky in my 2ss as well... have not used it much

SRFnSNO 06-13-2009 01:23 PM

I pluged my I pod in and the head unit is not seeing it.
used the I pod cable to the USB Plug. Press the AUX button and it goes from the Small plug not in use , press again and says no disk in.

codeman71 06-13-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFnSNO (Post 581415)
I pluged my I pod in and the head unit is not seeing it.
used the I pod cable to the USB Plug. Press the AUX button and it goes from the Small plug not in use , press again and says no disk in.

What type of iPod are you using? It might not be a supported one. Did anything show up on the iPod screen when you connected it up? If it was low on battery or needed to charge first, it won't connect until the iPod finishes booting.

jsmith 06-13-2009 01:43 PM

I have only used my flashdrive a few times but had no issues, maybe a file on your USB drive is corrupted and when it comes to a corrupted file it locks up the system. I know when I come across a bad file on my computer and try to play it in the windows media player, wierd things will happen like what you are refering to.:iono:

SRFnSNO 06-13-2009 01:47 PM

It is a 60 Gig with movie.
Have no movie loaded; but have 52Gig of music in a single music Dir.
From what I have been reading the Camaro will only recognise smalled segments. If I understand Correctly.

So for My I pod to be Reconised by the Camaro I will need to make up Play lists? :iono:

beausbriggs 06-13-2009 08:47 PM

I'm having some strange issues with my USB drive as well... I've got a High Speed 8gb thumb drive. For some reason it randomly has to "index". This doesn't happen every time I turn the car on but enough to be annoying.

The second issue I have is that the screen goes blank and all it shows is the USB icon. The song still plays and you can advance to the next one. Even the menu is blank. FM/XM is normal, but the only way to get the screen back for USB is to shut the car off for an extended amount of time.

And the fact that it doesn't stay on random when you turn your car back on is annoying too. I was hoping for a little more from the USB.

kutch720 06-13-2009 09:36 PM

No problems with mine. The only thing I hate about it, that it will not read the USB when I initially start the car so I have to inplug and plug it back in. That and it takes about 5 minutes to index the MP3 player. I use a Sony Walkman. When it is all set up I love it. It is not really good on short trips though. By the time it is done indexing I am where I need to be. That and I can only listen to the first song on my player so many times.

daniel@txangl.com 06-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beausbriggs (Post 582302)
I'm having some strange issues with my USB drive as well... I've got a High Speed 8gb thumb drive. For some reason it randomly has to "index". This doesn't happen every time I turn the car on but enough to be annoying.

The second issue I have is that the screen goes blank and all it shows is the USB icon. The song still plays and you can advance to the next one. Even the menu is blank. FM/XM is normal, but the only way to get the screen back for USB is to shut the car off for an extended amount of time.

And the fact that it doesn't stay on random when you turn your car back on is annoying too. I was hoping for a little more from the USB.

I have the exact same probelm. My brother said that even his after market head unit did the same thing with USB drives. He recommended revoving the USB everytime you turn the car off, but that is anoying. I have ordered the New 35Gig iPhone so I hope that I don't have issue with that.

Maybe there will be an update for the radio in the future.

EarliestMemory 06-13-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beausbriggs (Post 582302)
I'm having some strange issues with my USB drive as well... I've got a High Speed 8gb thumb drive. For some reason it randomly has to "index". This doesn't happen every time I turn the car on but enough to be annoying.

Mine does this too - it's a 4GB drive. It wants to index about every third or fourth time I start the car. Like you say, not a major issue but somewhat annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beausbriggs (Post 582302)
And the fact that it doesn't stay on random when you turn your car back on is annoying too. I was hoping for a little more from the USB.

:word: Better than messing with CDs, at least.

codeman71 06-14-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFnSNO (Post 581455)
It is a 60 Gig with movie.
Have no movie loaded; but have 52Gig of music in a single music Dir.
From what I have been reading the Camaro will only recognise smalled segments. If I understand Correctly.

So for My I pod to be Reconised by the Camaro I will need to make up Play lists? :iono:

No, if you're using an iPod, you don't need to worry about creating playlists. The Camaro will see all of the music. It sounds like you might not be using iTunes to load the music on your iPod though. For the iPod to function correctly, you need to load all of the music using iTunes. That helps it create its index of music which the Camaro then reads. You might have to erase everything on the iPod and load it over again if you just dragged and dropped the files onto the iPod using Explorer or My Computer. As long as when you plug it into iTunes it shows all of your songs, it should work when you hook your USB cable up to the car.

codeman71 06-14-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel@txangl.com (Post 582492)
Maybe there will be an update for the radio in the future.

I can't say for certain, but that's a good assumption.

bballplaya210 06-14-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRFnSNO (Post 581415)
I pluged my I pod in and the head unit is not seeing it.
used the I pod cable to the USB Plug. Press the AUX button and it goes from the Small plug not in use , press again and says no disk in.

I don't have a Camaro so this may be completely wrong, but isn't the AUX plug completely separate from USB? From what I understand, AUX is standard on all Camaros and the USB port comes on 2XX or 1LT with the connectivity package. If this is the case, you may just be hitting the wrong button since you have nothing plugged into the AUX port. I would assume that there is a button that either says MP3 or USB but I don't know.

SRFnSNO 06-14-2009 06:26 PM

No all the music was loaded through I-Tunes I have about 120 Gig on computer and have about 1/2 of that on my I pod.
It is set up to auto sink.

On the computer I have 2 groups my music all downloaded throough I tunes.
Mostly burned from cd's. This is what is on the I-pod
Then a 2nd group of music given to me by others.

Thanks.

2SSOrgKrate 06-28-2009 02:57 PM

Turn the "Ticking" sound off on your iPod's menu page. Menu - Settings - Clicker - On/Off.

2SSOrgKrate 06-28-2009 03:14 PM

Computers some times get confused during Boot, if there are multiple drives present (ipods/flash drives). I believe that removing the second drive during Boot, will remove the problems.

Adam 06-29-2009 01:50 AM

uh no.

LadiesMan217 06-29-2009 07:18 AM

My iPhone works flawlessly when it's recognized.

Every now and then...with it plugged in, it won't recognize in the source menu. Even unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't recognize it. In order to fix this I have to shut the car off and start it back up again.

It doesn't happen all the time...but once in a while.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.