Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NEW YEARS RESOLUTION WEIGHT LOSS THREAD 2013 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267500)

11BEE 12-25-2012 08:18 AM

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION WEIGHT LOSS THREAD 2013
 
Over the last two year Becky and BossBunny started threads to motivate those on C5 who wanted to lose weight but did not want to do it alone! Since it is a new year and a new start for many lets all join together in a new thread!! This is the place for you if you are ready to start your weight loss journey or continue your existing one.!

Over the last year I have lurked in the thread while posting some, but I was not as active as I should have been. I want to thank everyone who posted there and proudly announce you helped me reach a total loss of 89 pounds over the course of the year. At 44 years old it is hard to change habits. Eating less and moving more were foreign to me, but that is how I reached my goal. I am not finished yet, but the thread in 2012 really motivated me.

Adamz has challenged a new thread to be started, so here it is.

This year my goal is to loose another 30 pounds, 2 more pant sizes and to ride 5000 miles on my bike. By starting this thread you have my commitment to be more involved and to reach my goal.

Give us a little back ground about yourself, where you are and where you want to be!

CFD 12-25-2012 08:23 AM

It's great to hear that you've done well and are commited to continue. Once you've made the lifestyle changes it becomes easier, if you thought it was hard at 44 wait til you're my age LOL.

AdamZ 12-25-2012 08:33 AM

90 lbs is pretty legit :D congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 22 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.

CFD 12-25-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5954894)
90 lbs is pretty legit :D congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.


Very reasonable goals and good reasons to stay motivated. Posting here will help you stay accountable and there is much info and support here to help.

Ladybugsmom 12-25-2012 08:51 AM

I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals :D

CFD 12-25-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 5954923)
I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals :D


I don't usually correct people on their choice of words but feel compelled to do it here. "45 years young" LOL

They are very reasonable goals and I'm sure you will achieve them.

I'm praying for you LOL. Been there.

Ladybugsmom 12-25-2012 08:55 AM

45 years young... gotcha! :D

sycraft 12-25-2012 09:02 AM

started last year at 280 lbs, now at 220. 20 more to lose this year

v6sonoma 12-25-2012 09:05 AM

I started a new job that has me sitting at a desk all day and it has not been good for my waist line. A battle I was loosing enough on my own! So for 2013 I'm committed to better health. I need to loose what I've gained and live healthy. :)

mr_honez 12-25-2012 09:13 AM

Was at 242, now 198. I actually want to get back to 220 solid which was where I was up to 2008. At 44 years young myself so it's not as easy as it once was. Wifey wants to get to 135 but I keep telling her she's has some 'assets' and Spanish genetics precluding what her body will do. I like her the way she is anyway.

tramtwo 12-25-2012 09:14 AM

I have, with a lot of help over come alcoholism, drug addiction and even smoking. Those are three caged tigers in my life. I have ever only been able to be in shape by exercising like a freak (triathlons) which require a lot of time. The last time I weighed 215 I got there from 255! It took about 3 hours a day 6 days a week of running, swimming and biking. Problem was it also took about 4000 calories a day! Everyone asked how'd I loose 40 pounds in 11 weeks and my answer was you have to eat all the time.

During that time there was no fried foods or ice cream but everything else was fair game. So it was train and eat... train and eat. I really not only looked good but was in shape AND healthy.

That was over four years ago! I got a second job working at night and the training stopped. But you guessed it... the eating hasn't. I am now about 265. Problem is that is stretched out on a 6'2" frame. No one ever guesses me that heavy. There is a lot of muscle on that frame. But the fat that kills, the belly fat is ridiculous!

So I am looking for a way to cage this tiger called eating. Challenge with THIS addiction... abstaining is not an option. This is way more difficult. We have to not only cage this tiger but enter the cage several times a day!

I don't have a weight goal but fitting into my 34s again would be a great start! This post is a start. :D

"I can't... but we can!"


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CFD 12-25-2012 09:18 AM

Good to see some new faces here. It's not easy but definately do-able. Everyone stick with it and it will come. If anyone needs advice or has any questions there are a bunch here that may be able to help.

11BEE 12-25-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5954894)
90 lbs is pretty legit :D congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 22 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.

Thanks. Diabetes and Liver Failure due to being over weight kicked me into gear. I know you can do it. It is amazing how fast your fitness will build back up. Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 5954923)
I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals :D

45 Years YOUNG is right! Congratulations on the weight loss. I still struggle with over eating due to stress. When I get stressed I eat, you at least have the better end of that deal. I know you can turn that weight loss into a positive. Good luck on the divorce.


Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 5954952)
I started a new job that has me sitting at a desk all day and it has not been good for my waist line. A battle I was loosing enough on my own! So for 2013 I'm committed to better health. I need to loose what I've gained and live healthy. :)

Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_honez (Post 5954964)
Was at 242, now 198. I actually want to get back to 220 solid which was where I was up to 2008. At 44 years young myself so it's not as easy as it once was. Wifey wants to get to 135 but I keep telling her she's has some 'assets' and Spanish genetics precluding what her body will do. I like her the way she is anyway.

Good luck. My wife went from 190 to 145 during my weight loss. We are working at it together and have committed to a week trip to a over water bungalow when I can wear a 32 waist bathing suit, she can wear a size 4 bikini and we are willing to post photos of that. I figure we will be there in 6 months! Keep up the great work to both of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 5954966)
I have, with a lot of help over come alcoholism, drug addiction and even smoking. Those are three caged tigers in my life. I have ever only been able to be in shape by exercising like a freak (triathlons) which require a lot of time. The last time I weighed 215 I got there from 255! It took about 3 hours a day 6 days a week of running, swimming and biking. Problem was it also took about 4000 calories a day! Everyone asked how'd I loose 40 pounds in 11 weeks and my answer was you have to eat all the time.

During that time there was no fried foods or ice cream but everything else was fair game. So it was train and eat... train and eat. I really not only looked good but was in shape AND healthy.

That was over four years ago! I got a second job working at night and the training stopped. But you guessed it... the eating hasn't. I am now about 265. Problem is that is stretched out on a 6'2" frame. No one ever guesses me that heavy. There is a lot of muscle on that frame. But the fat that kills, the belly fat is ridiculous!

So I am looking for a way to cage this tiger called eating. Challenge with THIS addiction... abstaining is not an option. This is way more difficult. We have to not only cage this tiger but enter the cage several times a day!

I don't have a weight goal but fitting into my 34s again would be a great start! This post is a start. :D

"I can't... but we can!"

I have the same over eating problem. I have started to eat 6 times a day in small portions. It really works! Good Luck!

CFD 12-25-2012 10:35 AM

Eating 5-6 well proportioned meals a day is the way to go. It helps keep your blood sugar steady and helps control cravings.

AdamZ 12-25-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFD (Post 5955114)
Eating 5-6 well proportioned meals a day is the way to go. It helps keep your blood sugar steady and helps control cravings.


Except today... I am pigging out lol

mr_honez 12-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5955170)
Except today... I am pigging out lol

Bet THAT!! :thumbsup::laugh:

11BEE 12-25-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5955170)
Except today... I am pigging out lol

:thumbup: I am cooking today. 22 pound turkey, 8 pound ham, mashed taters, stuffing with spicy sausage mixed in, Asparagus, peas, biscuits, and lots of other stuff. I am feeling stressed, so it will all be gone tonight.

Oh by the way, wife made peppermint cheescake, lemon pie and smores bars.

Good thing Santa brought me a GoPro Hero 3 for my bike and a certificate that no food has calories on Christmas!

CFD 12-25-2012 11:37 AM

Thought this was a weight loss thread, lol

AdamZ 12-25-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFD (Post 5955272)
Thought this was a weight loss thread, lol

Haha I guess you don't know me very well. Invite me to a thread and it will not stay on topic I promise you lol haha

11BEE 12-25-2012 11:51 AM

Well in the spirit of weight loss, I may be cooking for a small army, but I will be riding 15 miles in about 1 hour. That should be a good 1200 calories burned.

Mouse6.2 12-25-2012 12:28 PM

OK, I'm new on here but love my new camaro. Anyway, our whole family wanted to get back into shape and start eating healthy. I was at 236lbs in may and now down to 206lbs. My wife dropped off 40lbs herself and is fitting into the same jeans as our 16yr old daughter so she is tickled. Our twin girls also lost some weight. Conner was up to 150 and down to 139, our other daughter has Cerebral Palsy and she was up to 140lbs and is now at 120lbs. When we took her to her annual CP doctor visit he was pleasantly surprised. Hunter with CP can't exercise so it really shows how well the life style change we made works.

All we did was go plant strong and followed the Engine 2 Diet and watched "Forks Over Knives" video. We have been getting all our meal planning out of the Engine 2 Diet book, The Happy Herbivore and one other one that I can't remember. All the meals are really tasty and very filling. We also eat as much as we want and have left overs for lunch the next day or two. Ever since we started eating this way we have more energy, sleep better at night, don't get the usual afternoon crash either.

We just found it amazing on how much better we feel and the weight we have lost and kept it off just by changing our diet to an all plant based one. If anyone is interested just check out Engine 2 Diet and Forks Over Knives.

I have been reading a ton on here and learning all the great mods to accomplish. Once the bank account builds back up I'll have to start in on some. :)

SUKXOST 12-25-2012 12:40 PM

I'm only about 188lbs @ 5' 10" but looking to lose maybe 10lbs of fat and just started working out again(free weights mainly). Looking to replace the mid section softness and replace with about 15-18lbs of upper body muscle that I lost after my deployment.

11BEE 12-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 (Post 5955378)
OK, I'm new on here but love my new camaro. Anyway, our whole family wanted to get back into shape and start eating healthy. I was at 236lbs in may and now down to 206lbs. My wife dropped off 40lbs herself and is fitting into the same jeans as our 16yr old daughter so she is tickled. Our twin girls also lost some weight. Conner was up to 150 and down to 139, our other daughter has Cerebral Palsy and she was up to 140lbs and is now at 120lbs. When we took her to her annual CP doctor visit he was pleasantly surprised. Hunter with CP can't exercise so it really shows how well the life style change we made works.

All we did was go plant strong and followed the Engine 2 Diet and watched "Forks Over Knives" video. We have been getting all our meal planning out of the Engine 2 Diet book, The Happy Herbivore and one other one that I can't remember. All the meals are really tasty and very filling. We also eat as much as we want and have left overs for lunch the next day or two. Ever since we started eating this way we have more energy, sleep better at night, don't get the usual afternoon crash either.

We just found it amazing on how much better we feel and the weight we have lost and kept it off just by changing our diet to an all plant based one. If anyone is interested just check out Engine 2 Diet and Forks Over Knives.

I have been reading a ton on here and learning all the great mods to accomplish. Once the bank account builds back up I'll have to start in on some. :)

Great story and progress, and you and your wife should be commended for setting a great example.

RubyCamaro 12-25-2012 08:51 PM

Okay, I'm back. My body changes hardly show up on the scales so I don't look at it that way. I can just tell by how my clothes fit or the sizes of clothes I wear..................and how much of a tummy I have. Right now I am down a a size from last year & the tummy is less, but over the last couple of months...........the tummy is returning a bit. I lost my dance/exercise class when they changed the time to a toms I can not go. I HAVE to find me a new class. That is goal #1. Then continue the progress. Lose the tummy, tone up & maintain.

kjkjr27 12-25-2012 09:32 PM

Freshman year of college I played soccer and weighed 165. Sophmore year was a tragic year with the passing of my mom and since then I have gained 40lbs in 4 years. I always tried to eat healthy and even signed up for a gym but that always lasts about 2 days. I even tried to do insanity and do like the first 3 workouts and then I just stop. I want to lose weight but I never have any motivation ever. I would like to maybe lose 20-25lbs within the year but honestly with how my motivation is I don't think that will ever happen :/. I am suppose to go on vacation the second week in Jan and ever since this past Oct I wanted to try and slim down but yet again my lack of motivation kicked in. Does anyone know how I can get my motivation back up?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.