Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   clutch can handle 650 RWHP.Q (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267935)

MS7 12-28-2012 08:25 AM

clutch can handle 650 RWHP.Q
 
My camaro now with 625 RWHP and the stock :facepalm:clutch cannot handle this high power..os the time for get new one.

i need clutch can handle 650 RWHP with no problem& good price for my camaro 2011
.FYI my gool is 650 RWHP no more?

thanks

2SS45th 12-28-2012 09:21 AM

SPEC Stage 2+ single disc holds 715ft lbs of torque, and retails for $501. You reuse your flywheel, so it's good bang for your buck. I have the SPEC Stage 3+.

Detoxx03 12-28-2012 10:02 AM

RPS BC2

VanquisherSS 12-28-2012 10:23 AM

I got 844whp on the stock clutch. No probs so far.

simon.w 12-28-2012 11:02 AM

Mantic ER2.

Comes as a complete kit including flywheel and throw out bearing.

The clutch plate is dual friction ... Cerametalic on one side, organic on the other.

The pressure plate is spheroidal graphite iron which is 3 times stronger than normal iron and grooved like high end brake rotors to increase friction and dissapate heat.

A lot of very modern science behind the product ... Check out their website:

http://www.mantic.com.au

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps20bfb0c2.jpg

Twin2010 12-28-2012 11:14 AM

I did the zr1 kit from slp.The pedal still feels stock. I love it

SSTony 12-28-2012 01:46 PM

I went with the centerforce. Love it

TurboCamaro 12-29-2012 11:35 AM

We put a Center Force Dual Friction in our development car, it now has 26,000 miles on plus over 500 hours of Dyno abuse...the clutch is awesome. Contact Will at Center Force

MS7 01-01-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 5964499)
SPEC Stage 2+ single disc holds 715ft lbs of torque, and retails for $501. You reuse your flywheel, so it's good bang for your buck. I have the SPEC Stage 3+.


you mean.. i can use the stock flywheel with it?:facepalm:

Hendrix-Engineering 01-01-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 5964499)
SPEC Stage 2+ single disc holds 715ft lbs of torque, and retails for $501. You reuse your flywheel, so it's good bang for your buck. I have the SPEC Stage 3+.

BAD,very bad idea

Hendrix-Engineering 01-01-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 (Post 5964643)
RPS BC2

GREAT clutch,however they dont offer one for the new camaro

blufin 01-01-2013 10:46 PM

Love my Street Slayer dual carbon.

maxdmax 01-02-2013 05:10 AM

I have had a few clutches in my car, When we were doing our last mods we call a lot of clutch manufactures. As soon as we said we need a clutch that will hold at 800+ foot pounds of torque, things either got silent for a minute or we got transferred to somebody else. I finally broke down and got a Hendrix Street Slayer Carbon Triple Disc clutch, this is by far the best clutch I ever used in any car. Guys the Street Slayer Carbon clutch is the clutch right now for our heavy cars.

Boost6924 01-02-2013 09:42 AM

Can't go wrong with RPS clutches.

MS7 01-02-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdmax (Post 5981691)
I have had a few clutches in my car, When we were doing our last mods we call a lot of clutch manufactures. As soon as we said we need a clutch that will hold at 800+ foot pounds of torque, things either got silent for a minute or we got transferred to somebody else. I finally broke down and got a Hendrix Street Slayer Carbon Triple Disc clutch, this is by far the best clutch I ever used in any car. Guys the Street Slayer Carbon clutch is the clutch right now for our heavy cars.


there's a lot of good options. but the problem is. i have a limit cash (800$) also
i need to buy couple of things with it to my supercharger. in my opinion as my limit (the spec stage 2... 645 Trq) it will be ok. or i have to wait to next month get one of these clutch with cost over 1200$?? :iono::iono:

swiftkart 01-02-2013 11:34 AM

Mantic Twin disc 9000 Series Clutch w/ Steel Billet Flywheel, not cheap but pure butter and handles a lot of hp/ like 1000 ft lb tq, about 20 to 23 lbs lighter than stock also

2010SSRSM6 01-02-2013 12:29 PM

I'm just a hair under 650rwhp and running the ACT clutch. The price is right where you are wanting it to be, but I wouldn't just replace the clutch while you have it pulled apart. RAM makes an upgraded Billet slave cylinder that should be on your list as well. The factory slave is plastic and the extra heat that gets generated with the extra HP can lead to issues.

When i replaced my clutch, my slave crapped out about 4000 miles later (technically it melted, but you get the point). After that I had a leak in my bleader line. Both issues sucked and I thought I was going to have to replace a brand new clutch. Not a good feeling. Not to mention the $$$ involved with pulling the trans out multiple times.

The pedal feel is much stiffer than the stock clutch feel.

simon.w 01-02-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS7 (Post 5982297)
there's a lot of good options. but the problem is. i have a limit cash (800$) also
i need to buy couple of things with it to my supercharger. in my opinion as my limit (the spec stage 2... 645 Trq) it will be ok. or i have to wait to next month get one of these clutch with cost over 1200$?? :iono::iono:

Mantic ER2 is under $800 (typically go for $750 to $780) and is the complete kit with flywheel, pressure plate, clutch plate, throw out bearing etc.

Seriously you can't go wrong with this ... which is why so many reputable shops have started using them.

I'd recommend you put in a Tik Performance heavy duty clutch line ($50) and remote bleeder ($99) as well as a separate clutch reservoir from a GTO ($15) at the same time.

maxdmax 01-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS7 (Post 5982297)
there's a lot of good options. but the problem is. i have a limit cash (800$) also
i need to buy couple of things with it to my supercharger. in my opinion as my limit (the spec stage 2... 645 Trq) it will be ok. or i have to wait to next month get one of these clutch with cost over 1200$?? :iono::iono:

I have had too many almost enough clutches, if you are going to race you car I would get something way over rated on the torque side. I would wait rather than have issues later.

swiftkart 01-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdmax (Post 5983112)
I have had too many almost enough clutches, if you are going to race you car I would get something way over rated on the torque side. I would wait rather than have issues later.

Great advice!

RBD 01-02-2013 09:30 PM

I love my Centerforce DYAD twin disc.....rated at 1350 ft. lbs. And nice light pedal and no chattering, finest clutch I have ever owned !

East Coast Supercharging 01-10-2013 10:34 PM

We really like the Mantic Single ER2 for this power level it offers the power rating you seek with great driveablility and offers near stock like pedal feel. It's a great value you get everything you need in a clutch kit.

Check out our website or give us a call at the shop we will be more than happy to answer any questions. For a limited time we are including our ECS remote bleeder kit with the purchase of any Mantic clutch.:thumbup:

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369

Matt @ FSP 01-10-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging (Post 6020762)
We really like the Mantic Single ER2 for this power level it offers the power rating you seek with great driveablility and offers near stock like pedal feel. It's a great value you get everything you need in a clutch kit.

Check out our website or give us a call at the shop we will be more than happy to answer any questions. For a limited time we are including our ECS remote bleeder kit with the purchase of any Mantic clutch.:thumbup:

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369

:word:

Could not go wrong with the Mantic clutches, they are a near stock feel that hold the power. Also with ECS including the remote bleeder kit what a deal

MS7 01-11-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging (Post 6020762)
We really like the Mantic Single ER2 for this power level it offers the power rating you seek with great driveablility and offers near stock like pedal feel. It's a great value you get everything you need in a clutch kit.

Check out our website or give us a call at the shop we will be more than happy to answer any questions. For a limited time we are including our ECS remote bleeder kit with the purchase of any Mantic clutch.:thumbup:

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369





many of excellent options :mad0259:

i chose the Mantic clutches BC. I get everything I need.:)

1-near stock
2-hold tell 700 H.P
3-under $800
4- (including our ECS remote bleeder kit with the purchase of any Mantic clutch)...i think this is a good deal for me :happyanim:

thanks for this awesome deal and thanks to all camaro5. members :thumbsup:

east TX Muscle cars 01-11-2013 10:51 AM

man i cant believe only one person mentioned the Street Slayer! that thing is AWESOME!. Its the RPS clutch but RPS sells them under the HE brand only.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.