Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Heard an old rumor: waiting lists! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2684)

Seanskny 01-25-2008 04:23 AM

Heard an old rumor: waiting lists!
 
I have spoken to several people in the past few days that are telling me that GM now has waiting lists for new purchases. It was my understanding from this site that the only waiting lists are from bogus, money hungry dealorships. Please respond. :readthethread:

35th02ss 01-25-2008 09:13 AM

No waiting list as of yet. GM is not taking any preorders at this time. I've seen some discussion on other boards that they might take early orders sometime this year.

TAG UR IT 01-25-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35th02ss (Post 41363)
No waiting list as of yet. GM is not taking any preorders at this time. I've seen some discussion on other boards that they might take early orders sometime this year.

Yeah...there's no waiting list as of now. If there was, we'd all know about it. The only waiting lists that you can get on are from money hungry dealers willing to take your $1,000 deposit which they (not you) get to make interest off of. GM might not make to many to start off with, but they will eventually have that plant running 24/7 trying to keep up with demand. Don't worry. You WILL get what you want!!!

pearsonmx6 02-10-2008 06:52 PM

there is a waiting list now i am on it. the gm dealer called me on Friday to confirm my name and addy

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 02-10-2008 07:08 PM

Congrads! That sucks for me because I sell Chevys and still have not heard a word about a wait list from management or the owner. Maybe Kansas is a little behind. I hope you don't give to much of a deposit, just in case.

GothamCamaro 02-10-2008 07:21 PM

Hmm.. both dealers I spoke with have my name and info and will put me on a list once a preorder list happens. One of them wanted me to give them a deposit and I was like... no, not till I know all the specs and options. Nice try.

What a dealer considers a "list" I'm sure is different than what we are thinking. Careful out there.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 02-10-2008 07:24 PM

And you would be right!!!!!! They only want that cash to hold you to their dealership. I don't even think it is legal to be on a waiting list, for the waiting list.

bcannan354 02-10-2008 07:45 PM

I have been on a "list" for at least a year now. I did not give them any money, just a list that they will call when the car is available. I would NEVER give a dealer a deposite on a car that is still months away from being released.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 02-10-2008 09:11 PM

That is different, you are on a call list, you are not promissed any dibs on a new camaro, these guys think that they are in line when they are not.

The_Stache 02-10-2008 09:31 PM

Anyone can be "in line", Just find a dealer willing to take your money and promise you the sale.

GM has no waiting list and there currently is no production pre-order.

GM and Dealers are 2 different entities. GM creates the cars and sells them to dealers. Dealers sell to the consumer.

UltimateAdam 02-11-2008 10:22 AM

Hey, I deposited $200 with a dealer and got in writing "FIRST ALLOCATION SLOT". This basically states then when they can start getting them, I get first dibs. I felt this was smart because this is going to be a HEAVY selling vehicle, and I would rather not be one of the people wanting one and not able to get one. Also, if it is a good dealership, they will also put in writing that the deposit is not only put towards the purchase, but also FULLY refundable.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 02-11-2008 11:24 AM

Yeah I understand that it is fully refundable, they are simply keeping you attached to the dealership. YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE FIRST IN LINE, BUT THERE IS NO OFFICIAL WAITING LIST BROTHER. See how for back you fall when some rich guy pays 5000 over sticker and you get pushed farther back. 200 dollars is not exactly a strong down payment bro. I wish you the best of luck.

2K05GT 02-11-2008 11:28 AM

There is a waiting List, I am on it at my Dealer #77 :thumbup:
My Deposit is fully refundable as well.

TAG UR IT 02-11-2008 12:03 PM

Good luck to all of you who get on waiting lists.

It's going to be so tough seeing all these 5th Gen Camaros driving around while I wait to buy mine. Ugh...it's going to drive me nuts. But, I'll get second year run...better goodies, more hp, less kinks to work out, and the wives car will be paid off...along w/ mine. So, only ONE car payment.

Jeesh....I just realized....it's going to be about 11 months before we start seeing Camros on the road. But, it's going to be another two years before I get mine! &*#$&$*#(#)@)(~!!!!!

rray200 02-11-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 44541)
Good luck to all of you who get on waiting lists.

It's going to be so tough seeing all these 5th Gen Camaros driving around while I wait to buy mine. Ugh...it's going to drive me nuts. But, I'll get second year run...better goodies, more hp, less kinks to work out, and the wives car will be paid off...along w/ mine. So, only ONE car payment.

Jeesh....I just realized....it's going to be about 11 months before we start seeing Camros on the road. But, it's going to be another two years before I get mine! &*#$&$*#(#)@)(~!!!!!

I sure hope they don't do with the 5th gen what they did with the GTO, offering it with an LS1 the first year and then the 400 HP LS2 the following year. That would piss alot of first year buyers off.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 02-11-2008 01:40 PM

Yeah, I too would hate to by a new Camaro the first year and the next year a GT500 fighter comes out. LOL.

2010_5thgen 02-11-2008 06:41 PM

there may not be a waiting list for the manufacturer(gm/chevy), but i think that there may be waiting list at the dealerships. some dealerships have a waiting list that says for ex: if there are 5 camaros that come in and your name is one of the 5 people on the list, you will be either 1st,2nd 3rd 4th or 5th, you pick yours or to place the order. it is by no meens illegal or a scam but it basically entitles you to a first pick when the cars get to that specific dealership. now if you are ordering a car it doesnt really apply becasue anyone will be able to go and order a car from any dealer once that time arrives.

2K05GT 02-12-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 44598)
there may not be a waiting list for the manufacturer(gm/chevy), but i think that there may be waiting list at the dealerships. some dealerships have a waiting list that says for ex: if there are 5 camaros that come in and your name is one of the 5 people on the list, you will be either 1st,2nd 3rd 4th or 5th, you pick yours or to place the order. it is by no meens illegal or a scam but it basically entitles you to a first pick when the cars get to that specific dealership. now if you are ordering a car it doesnt really apply becasue anyone will be able to go and order a car from any dealer once that time arrives.

There will never be a waiting list from GM, un less it for the dealers, We don't buy the cars from GM, we buy them from the dealer, so there the ones who will have a list, and a list means markups.

Now as far as a GT500 Killer, comming out later, I could care less about how much HP the Camaro has, I want it because I Like it, all I care about is that it has a V8 and it sounds fricken awesome.

TheMadHatter99 02-12-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2K05GT (Post 44882)
I could care less about how much HP the Camaro has, I want it because I Like it, all I care about is that it has a V8 and it sounds fricken awesome.

AMEN

smike07 02-12-2008 09:56 PM

I'm buying one used anyway. I'll get a better deal on one that way. Besides, the Camaro I know is like a battle ax. You can keep hacking away with her, but the results still stay the same... she kills the competition! I've got about 200,000 miles on my '98 and she still performs better than any in her class. I have had to replace a few things, but that's just what you do when you have that many miles on a car. Nothing vital has been replaced,though. Only the belt tensioner, belt, spark plugs, head gaskets, (and almost every other gasket), alternator, and the fluids about a thousand times over. I plan on getting one with no more than 10,000 miles on her. Preferably 3,000. That way I can do the routine maintenance the way I want to.:thumbup: :happyanim:

2010_5thgen 02-15-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2K05GT (Post 44882)
There will never be a waiting list from GM, un less it for the dealers, We don't buy the cars from GM, we buy them from the dealer, so there the ones who will have a list, and a list means markups.

Now as far as a GT500 Killer, comming out later, I could care less about how much HP the Camaro has, I want it because I Like it, all I care about is that it has a V8 and it sounds fricken awesome.

not true . list dont meen markups. and yeah tye do have wating list and order list from gm. a friend of mine was on the list for the pontiac solstice when it first came out and so were thousands of other people.

TAG UR IT 02-16-2008 01:37 AM

I have never heard of getting on a list with GM. I have, however, heard of getting on a "list" with a dealer. You place your special order through a dealer to GM. So, if you want to get on a list, you go to your dealer, get them to place you on a list, and then the dealer calls you to say they are ready for you to come in to place your order.

Let's say that dealer "A" gets allocated 5 top of the line Camaros per quarter. The dealer has 15 people on a list (in order from 1st person to come in to last). The dealer gets 5 open allocation slots. Dealer calls buyer, says come in, order is placed, cars arrive, and are sold off the lot. Next quarter arrives and GM says you get another 5. Process repeats. I can not say for fact, but I imagine this is how it would run. (This is how I ordered my 02 Z28).

I wouldn't have the slightest clue how and to whom you would contact to get on a list w/ GM. You don't buy the car from them. You buy it from a dealer.

And, like Stovt said, sometimes lists do mean mark ups. If a dealer "A" says we're only selling them at $5K over MSRP right now, then those willing to pay that $5K over get their cars from the list first. As they axe people from the list, they drop their GOUGED PRICES (cause that's how I see it), and call in those willing to pay $2K over MSRP, and so on. Lists can mean mark ups. I, for one, refuse to pay anything over MSRP. I don't care....I'll wait and spend less to get the same as the guy who spends $5K over. That's just $5K less he/she will have to spend on mods!!!

stovt001 02-16-2008 02:22 AM

Yup thats about how it works. Dealers are allocated a certain amount of each car. They can use an allocation slot to order a car to customer's specifications (within limits, depending on manufacturer's policy), modify a car already in the allocation pipeline, or reserve a car in transit from the manufacturer to the dealership. The manufacturer's regional sales and distribution unit will determine allocation numbers, mainly using past sales. So of course, the more sales, the more Camaros, and the more options to get it how you want it. But the more sales, the more people willing to pay good money to be on that list, at least at first. When I worked inventory at a dealership we just had a simple excel list of the person and their car's specifications. If we happened to get allocated a match, then that person was the lucky winner and they got their car. If we had to special order it then it would all depend on when it was made and allocated to us.

2010_5thgen 02-17-2008 12:13 PM

im just telling you how my buddy ordered his solstice. he even got calls from pontiac saying his order was behind and they kept sending him free shirts and hats to keep him happy! trust me i wouldnt have any reason to lie to you guys.

TAG UR IT 02-17-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 45853)
im just telling you how my buddy ordered his solstice. he even got calls from pontiac saying his order was behind and they kept sending him free shirts and hats to keep him happy! trust me i wouldnt have any reason to lie to you guys.

Oh, no. We're not saying you're lying...not at all:respekt: . I only explained it how I knew it to work on my end. I was just wondering who exactly your buddy claimed to place his order with. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, but I have a feeling it was a Pontiac dealership that kept sending him hats, etc. Again, no dis:respekt: to you!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.