Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RPI Designs (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270016)

WildSis2SS 01-09-2013 12:57 PM

RPI Designs
 
Has anyone had any problems with RPI Designs?
My husband ordered a couple of parts for my car, not only did it take 1 month to get them, put they came with paint chips on them. When I called them they asked if the box was damaged in shipping, and it wasn't. Then his response to me was "Well it didnt come from us that way!" WOW!!! Was I susprised by that.
They want me to take pics of the parts and e-mail them, which is fine.
Hopefully, I won't have any other problems with them.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems with them.
Tks

daveagogo1 01-09-2013 12:59 PM

Several reviews for this vendor in the review section. Seems hit or miss.

iCamaro 01-09-2013 01:01 PM

Taking pictures is not a surprise, but I hope they fix it for you. I have a few parts I want to buy from them. So, I am interested to see how this turns out.

Nutbutt 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

I just ordered a replacement mud flap after a snow bank jumped out and snapped it into 3 pieces ! Got the mud flap (actually both front) in three days. They broke up a kit for me and charged me less that 1/4 of the full set.

Infinite-T 01-09-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildSis2SS (Post 6013754)
Has anyone had any problems with RPI Designs?
My husband ordered a couple of parts for my car, not only did it take 1 month to get them, put they came with paint chips on them. When I called them they asked if the box was damaged in shipping, and it wasn't. Then his response to me was "Well it didnt come from us that way!" WOW!!! Was I susprised by that.
They want me to take pics of the parts and e-mail them, which is fine.
Hopefully, I won't have any other problems with them.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems with them.
Tks

At least you were able to get ahold of them. I want go into too much detail as I have in another thread, but I bought some door panels from them. They took over 2 months to ship them. When I got them, the fitment was WAY OFF. I wanted to return them, they ignored my calls and emails for another month. I filed a claim with PayPal. RPI ignored PayPal for six weeks, so finally, PayPal forced a payment reversal and another month later I got my money back.

Needless to say, my experience was not a good one and I'll never buy from them again and advise others to stay away.:mad0260:

petetcs 01-09-2013 01:32 PM

i have order parts fron them no problems but having some trouble on my last order just got info after many emails parts on back order

rberns 01-09-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveagogo1 (Post 6013764)
Several reviews for this vendor in the review section. Seems hit or miss.

This. I've ordered a few things. I've had them do some custome work too and it took about 4 or 5 weeks to ship it to me. Once I got it the clear coat was cracked so I sent it back to them and they remade it. Took another 5 weeks to get it back and the second time it just didn't look as good. It seems like if the product is painted you can expect it to take a month to get or for there to be imperfections. I have also ordered a bra cover for the front end of the car which I received right away with no issues...probably because they didn't make it.

Frid 01-09-2013 03:44 PM

I ordered tail light bezels, zl1 side rockers, and zl1 style splitter. Customer service is horrible and I was even lied to by their sales rep. The bezels have a small run in them and won't be surprised if the other parts have defects. Only reason I am not worried about it is because my car is being custom painted when I get back.

BrainleSS 01-09-2013 04:12 PM

I have ordered from them a few times,but will not again! My last experience was not the best after about 30 days I called on a Monday and they told it was scheduled to be there on Friday, cool I thought then when the package arrived it had a ship date of the Wednesday two days after I called.

Frid 01-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainleSS (Post 6014393)
I have ordered from them a few times,but will not again! My last experience was not the best after about 30 days I called on a Monday and they told it was scheduled to be there on Friday, cool I thought then when the package arrived it had a ship date of the Wednesday two days after I called.

Clarifies that they lie to their customers. I called on a Monday after about a month for a part and told them I wanted a refund. They said the item had already shipped and they couldn't refund me. So I get an email from Fed Ex on Wednesday saying the item had just been picked up and would arrive Saturday. Unacceptable. Not recommended.

tcalh1 01-09-2013 05:08 PM

It's hit or miss with them. I've been waiting 2 months for a part. I've emailed them and each time they said it will ship next week. I finally sent a email to cancel the order and he said it shipped. Then they sent me an email asking what color paint should be on it.

REDXIIIDave 01-09-2013 05:43 PM

I ordered an RKSport painted spoiler from them. The spoiler came in about 3 weeks, but it was the wrong one. I sent it back, and it took 6 more weeks to get the correct one.

JustRaf 01-09-2013 08:28 PM

Wow this vendor is horrible based on the reviews!Thanks for the heads up!

cajun2010 01-09-2013 10:04 PM

Bad vendor with prepainted parts!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.