Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RPI Designs (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270016)

WildSis2SS 01-09-2013 12:57 PM

RPI Designs

Has anyone had any problems with RPI Designs?
My husband ordered a couple of parts for my car, not only did it take 1 month to get them, put they came with paint chips on them. When I called them they asked if the box was damaged in shipping, and it wasn't. Then his response to me was "Well it didnt come from us that way!" WOW!!! Was I susprised by that.
They want me to take pics of the parts and e-mail them, which is fine.
Hopefully, I won't have any other problems with them.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems with them.
Tks

daveagogo1 01-09-2013 12:59 PM

Several reviews for this vendor in the review section. Seems hit or miss.

iCamaro 01-09-2013 01:01 PM

Taking pictures is not a surprise, but I hope they fix it for you. I have a few parts I want to buy from them. So, I am interested to see how this turns out.

Nutbutt 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

I just ordered a replacement mud flap after a snow bank jumped out and snapped it into 3 pieces ! Got the mud flap (actually both front) in three days. They broke up a kit for me and charged me less that 1/4 of the full set.

Infinite-T 01-09-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildSis2SS (Post 6013754)
Has anyone had any problems with RPI Designs?
My husband ordered a couple of parts for my car, not only did it take 1 month to get them, put they came with paint chips on them. When I called them they asked if the box was damaged in shipping, and it wasn't. Then his response to me was "Well it didnt come from us that way!" WOW!!! Was I susprised by that.
They want me to take pics of the parts and e-mail them, which is fine.
Hopefully, I won't have any other problems with them.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had any problems with them.
Tks

At least you were able to get ahold of them. I want go into too much detail as I have in another thread, but I bought some door panels from them. They took over 2 months to ship them. When I got them, the fitment was WAY OFF. I wanted to return them, they ignored my calls and emails for another month. I filed a claim with PayPal. RPI ignored PayPal for six weeks, so finally, PayPal forced a payment reversal and another month later I got my money back.

Needless to say, my experience was not a good one and I'll never buy from them again and advise others to stay away.:mad0260:

petetcs 01-09-2013 01:32 PM

i have order parts fron them no problems but having some trouble on my last order just got info after many emails parts on back order

rberns 01-09-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveagogo1 (Post 6013764)
Several reviews for this vendor in the review section. Seems hit or miss.

This. I've ordered a few things. I've had them do some custome work too and it took about 4 or 5 weeks to ship it to me. Once I got it the clear coat was cracked so I sent it back to them and they remade it. Took another 5 weeks to get it back and the second time it just didn't look as good. It seems like if the product is painted you can expect it to take a month to get or for there to be imperfections. I have also ordered a bra cover for the front end of the car which I received right away with no issues...probably because they didn't make it.

Frid 01-09-2013 03:44 PM

I ordered tail light bezels, zl1 side rockers, and zl1 style splitter. Customer service is horrible and I was even lied to by their sales rep. The bezels have a small run in them and won't be surprised if the other parts have defects. Only reason I am not worried about it is because my car is being custom painted when I get back.

BrainleSS 01-09-2013 04:12 PM

I have ordered from them a few times,but will not again! My last experience was not the best after about 30 days I called on a Monday and they told it was scheduled to be there on Friday, cool I thought then when the package arrived it had a ship date of the Wednesday two days after I called.

Frid 01-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainleSS (Post 6014393)
I have ordered from them a few times,but will not again! My last experience was not the best after about 30 days I called on a Monday and they told it was scheduled to be there on Friday, cool I thought then when the package arrived it had a ship date of the Wednesday two days after I called.

Clarifies that they lie to their customers. I called on a Monday after about a month for a part and told them I wanted a refund. They said the item had already shipped and they couldn't refund me. So I get an email from Fed Ex on Wednesday saying the item had just been picked up and would arrive Saturday. Unacceptable. Not recommended.

tcalh1 01-09-2013 05:08 PM

It's hit or miss with them. I've been waiting 2 months for a part. I've emailed them and each time they said it will ship next week. I finally sent a email to cancel the order and he said it shipped. Then they sent me an email asking what color paint should be on it.

REDXIIIDave 01-09-2013 05:43 PM

I ordered an RKSport painted spoiler from them. The spoiler came in about 3 weeks, but it was the wrong one. I sent it back, and it took 6 more weeks to get the correct one.

JustRaf 01-09-2013 08:28 PM

Wow this vendor is horrible based on the reviews!Thanks for the heads up!

cajun2010 01-09-2013 10:04 PM

Bad vendor with prepainted parts!

WildSis2SS 01-14-2013 10:21 AM

Not sure if I want to mess with these people. I may just see want I can do to make it not so noticeable.
I know that it's still not right that I would have to do that. We spent a lot of money on those parts.
We now know not to do business with them in the future.
:mad0260::mad0260::mad0260:

CamaroFTW 01-15-2013 01:28 AM

Let's see ..almost a week now with not even one reply to a multitude of unhappy customers in this thread from a sol called "Official Forum Vendor".

Will be a cold day in hell before I order anything from this company. Is the $$ that good to C5 to let vendors like this represent?

WildSis2SS 01-15-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFTW (Post 6037830)
Let's see ..almost a week now with not even one reply to a multitude of unhappy customers in this thread from a sol called "Official Forum Vendor".

Will be a cold day in hell before I order anything from this company. Is the $$ that good to C5 to let vendors like this represent?

I totally agree with you!!! This company doesn't need to be one of our vendors...

Dznts 01-15-2013 04:20 PM

well i wont be ordering anything from this vendor. thanks for the heads up!

strych9 01-15-2013 04:59 PM

I ordered a painted "fin" antenna from them. It took three weeks (but it was ordered around Thanksgiving) so the timeframe wasn't maddening. I was, however, disappointed in the paint finish on the antenna. It has some orange peel on it, so I may just repaint it myself. Yeah, crappy service.

tcalh1 01-19-2013 09:29 PM

Worse than getting your part shipped is trying to get a refund on a canceled order. I will never order from them again.

2xSSRS 04-01-2013 07:43 PM

DO NOT USE THIS VENDOR!!!! Bad Bad Bad!!!! :mad0260:

Minge 04-02-2013 09:01 PM

Returned item they acknowledged return and then kept putting me off saying they have credited my card back and it takes 3-5 business days to post. This is not the case with my Amex card that I have shows "pending" charges and credits right away. I am on day 10 and needless to say I have filed a dispute with amex and they can deal with them.

I wil not be buying anything from them ever again.

Evil-Bee-NH 04-03-2013 03:54 PM

Ordered the Brake Cylinder cover they also lie on their process information. Same old story took forever to get to me i've had alright luck with quality til this point. They literally wrapped this piece of plastic with some sort of vinyl and then spray painted over it. Don't get this confused with just paint splitting this happened less then a year after i bought the product and was literally able to remove the colored portion from the plastic they use. I can't imagine this isn't some guy running a business out of the back of his garage with buddies.

Minge 04-04-2013 06:47 PM

I asked them to provide me with proof of my credit or I was filing my dispute with amex and have not hear from them since. No respond on this thread from them is a big red flags folks.

StephenS_84 04-04-2013 06:54 PM

As long as they pay their monthly dues no one will care how they conduct business. Don't do business with them, and you have no worries. There's a couple other vendors that do the same and most would say better work, so buy from them.