Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   ZL1 tires after goodyear (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270022)

BigMikeZL1 01-09-2013 02:25 PM

ZL1 tires after goodyear
 
Just like to ask you guys what tire are you going with after good years.. i have 7500 on my ZL1 and can see am going to need new tires very soon.. so just like to ask what you guys think,

Dega Man 01-09-2013 02:46 PM

If you are not a advid track driver you might want to consider the Bridgestones.

hognutz 01-09-2013 03:32 PM

I will most likely try the michelin Super sports. To see how they compare. they are a bit more money though. they don't have exact sizing but you could do 295 315. they also do have a 305 listed i just dont think it is out yet.

I had NT05's on my Z06 and they work well too but they are sized a bit odd. 275 then 315.

c4maroboy 01-09-2013 04:45 PM

Im sticking with the Goodyears.. Im not an avid track go-er but am really impressed with my tires and how they perform. The michelin Super sports would probably do wonders for the car..but they are just too impractical to be on my daily driver.

hognutz 01-09-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c4maroboy (Post 6014297)
Im sticking with the Goodyears.. Im not an avid track go-er but am really impressed with my tires and how they perform. The michelin Super sports would probably do wonders for the car..but they are just too impractical to be on my daily driver.

what is impractical about a tire with longer tread life, less noise? super sports are not the sport cups.

the only downside the the supersports is price and I am alos not convinced that they will "corner" much better but am not sure.

KKreme15 01-09-2013 06:30 PM

There's a reason those michelins aren't on the much heavier camaro. The goodyears have a stiffer sidewall

jbotta 01-09-2013 06:59 PM

Track my car, Love the goodyear's

c4maroboy 01-09-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hognutz (Post 6014486)
what is impractical about a tire with longer tread life, less noise? super sports are not the sport cups.

the only downside the the supersports is price and I am alos not convinced that they will "corner" much better but am not sure.

my bad!:facepalm: i thought you meant the sport cups!

16floz470ml 01-09-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKreme15 (Post 6014677)
There's a reason those michelins aren't on the much heavier camaro. The goodyears have a stiffer sidewall

The michelin pilot super sports have different spec tires in the same size. For example I put on Ferrari spec 295s in front and 315s in the back. The regular pss in 295 has a load rating of 1521 lbs. The Ferrari spec pss is 2039 lbs. The factory goodyear is 1764 lbs. If I was only racing my car the goodyears are a great tire. I like to drive sometimes when it rains. The Michelins are a better overall tire in my opinion.

zl1bro 01-10-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16floz470ml (Post 6015164)
The michelin pilot super sports have different spec tires in the same size. For example I put on Ferrari spec 295s in front and 315s in the back. The regular pss in 295 has a load rating of 1521 lbs. The Ferrari spec pss is 2039 lbs. The factory goodyear is 1764 lbs. If I was only racing my car the goodyears are a great tire. I like to drive sometimes when it rains. The Michelins are a better overall tire in my opinion.

Are the Michelins as good around a dry track as the Goodyears? There may not be an answer to this question yet. I don't think I would pay a lot more for a tire that doesn't perform as well in dry track conditions just to get the other benefits. Would be interesting to do a side by side test of both tires on the ZL1 in different conditions..

Drew P 01-10-2013 02:21 PM

I ordered the 315 super sports from Discount Tire. However, the sales rep said he had a friend with a Zl1 who did the same thing and told him that they rubbed going over bumps. I have no way of verifying this info. Anyone have similar or different experience using the 315s (michelin pilot super sport)???

SlingShot 01-10-2013 02:36 PM

I don't track my cars, so I may just go with Hankooks and save a few bucks.

OldJedi 01-11-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 6018296)
I don't track my cars, so I may just go with Hankooks and save a few bucks.

I am curious about what size and models of Hankooks you would pick?

Richy_Rich 01-11-2013 12:18 PM

if Dunlop Direzza was available in the ZL1 sizing, grabe them up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.