Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Just Drove My First 1LE! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271695)

asommers 01-17-2013 06:33 PM

Just Drove My First 1LE!
 
7 Attachment(s)
Hello, my name is Alex Sommers and I've been coming to Camaro5 almost daily for years now just to get the most up to date information on Camaro's that I have been really excited about. I checked every day (sometimes multiple times) during the ZL1's development (even back when we thought it was going to be called the Z/28) . I'm a 23 year old and am fresh out of college so I don't have a Camaro yet so I never bothered to join the sight but GM performance cars have always been my passion. Once I graduated college last May, I decided not to persue a job with my business/sport management/marketing degree and instead applied at a Chevy dealer about 30 mins from where I live because they are Colorado's #1 Corvette dealer.
It has been an awesome 6 months here at Purifoy Chevrolet, the next best thing to testing cars for Motor Trend! I've driven countless Camaro SS's, Z06's, Grand Sports, a '12 CTS V sedan, a Lotus Exige, a '63 split window, a '71 LS5 Vette, a '96 Grand Sport, a '08 GT500, a Crystal Red Manual ZL1, Callaway Corvettes and Camaros, and I have been lucky enough to drive three different examples of the greatest car ever built; the Corvette ZR1! :headbang:
Here is the first 1LE at a dealership in Colorado, a 2SS RS 1LE in Inferno Orange example and I love it! The 1LE package makes all the difference to the SS, I absolutely love the new shifter and it got as many looks on my test loop as any car I've driven! Congratulations to anyone lucky enough to actually own one of these bests!
I finally have something to post about so I joined today and I'm very happy to be here, enjoy the pics! Can't wait for the LS7 Camaro!!!
Sorry for any spelling errors! My work computer won't let me install the ABC check feature :(

Alex Sommers

scubadoo7 01-17-2013 07:02 PM

Ok, now it's your turn to buy one...lol. I sure enjoy driving mine. Thanks for posting!

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-17-2013 07:07 PM

Memories, memories...:(

Midnight Rat 01-17-2013 07:45 PM

Should have been driving the car with the factory mats and not the premium mats.

menendez1293 01-17-2013 07:53 PM

Does your dealer just let the sales people take the cars out for a test drive when they get them in?

The Stig 01-17-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6050611)
Does your dealer just let the sales people take the cars out for a test drive when they get them in?

:popcorn:

LikaRokBowTie 01-17-2013 08:27 PM

You soiled the floormats that's good for a least another 1500 off msrp:iono:jj

Dtowndog420 01-17-2013 09:10 PM

I love this car!

Monte Mac 01-17-2013 09:26 PM

That's what mine will look like!:D I agree though seems a little disrespectful to the future owners to go on test drives like this. Especially with the accessories installed :mad0260: :yikes:

Oh, and welcome to the site!

SumWhite1LE 01-17-2013 09:31 PM

I dont know about you guys, But being the first one in Oklahoma to have a 1LE the dealership or I wasn't allowed to drive my car until the ink was dry ..

L99CAMA2011 01-17-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6050428)
Memories, memories...:(

You're like the first person to sell their 1LE aren't you.

yotaman96 01-17-2013 09:50 PM

I see a WS6.

Firerader 01-17-2013 09:56 PM

Nice car! Oh!

SSm1le 01-17-2013 10:26 PM

:thumbup: Great article and welcome. Just paid for my IOM 1LE today, arrives at the dealer on Tuesday :D

menendez1293 01-17-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 6051148)
You're like the first person to sell their 1LE aren't you.

:laughabove: I see he also changed his user name :sm0:

tramtwo 01-17-2013 10:42 PM

Welcome to the site. Nice ride.

Ghost1LE 01-17-2013 10:43 PM

Congrats on getting to drive the car, but like others have said there's no reason someone should be driving that unless they're the owner.

Fenderaddict2 01-17-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asommers (Post 6050291)
Hello, my name is Alex Sommers and I've been coming to Camaro5 almost daily for years now just to get the most up to date information on Camaro's that I have been really excited about. I checked every day (sometimes multiple times) during the ZL1's development (even back when we thought it was going to be called the Z/28) . I'm a 23 year old and am fresh out of college so I don't have a Camaro yet so I never bothered to join the sight but GM performance cars have always been my passion. Once I graduated college last May, I decided not to persue a job with my business/sport management/marketing degree and instead applied at a Chevy dealer about 30 mins from where I live because they are Colorado's #1 Corvette dealer.
It has been an awesome 6 months here at Purifoy Chevrolet, the next best thing to testing cars for Motor Trend! I've driven countless Camaro SS's, Z06's, Grand Sports, a '12 CTS V sedan, a Lotus Exige, a '63 split window, a '71 LS5 Vette, a '96 Grand Sport, a '08 GT500, a Crystal Red Manual ZL1, Callaway Corvettes and Camaros, and I have been lucky enough to drive three different examples of the greatest car ever built; the Corvette ZR1! :headbang:
Here is the first 1LE at a dealership in Colorado, a 2SS RS 1LE in Inferno Orange example and I love it! The 1LE package makes all the difference to the SS, I absolutely love the new shifter and it got as many looks on my test loop as any car I've driven! Congratulations to anyone lucky enough to actually own one of these bests!
I finally have something to post about so I joined today and I'm very happy to be here, enjoy the pics! Can't wait for the LS7 Camaro!!!
Sorry for any spelling errors! My work computer won't let me install the ABC check feature :(

Alex Sommers

No doubt, the 1LE is a great car, better than the Boss in some ways. So glad it's a GM as the only advantage I have left on a track day is the inexperience GM drivers have with a car this capable;-)

OHBuckI81 01-18-2013 06:03 AM

I'm almost 100% positive mine doesn't have the embroidered SS logo on the center consol! I'm about to be po'd about this!!

Mine's in heated storage 30 miles from home so I can't run out and check... can I get a sanity check from another 1LE owner who took early November delivery? I had a TPW of 10/15.

tramtwo 01-18-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBuckI81 (Post 6052185)
I'm almost 100% positive mine doesn't have the embroidered SS logo on the center consol! I'm about to be po'd about this!!

Mine's in heated storage 30 miles from home so I can't run out and check... can I get a sanity check from another 1LE owner who took early November delivery? I had a TPW of 10/15.

Did you pay for the SS option for the console? It is not standard.

tramtwo posted this on the go

OHBuckI81 01-18-2013 06:26 AM

Haha... I'm an idiot. Nope didn't pay for that. Thanks, I guess I didn't realize that (or remember) it was an option. Thanks TRAM

In other news though... I am STILL waiting for the PCV oil seperator, over 2 months now. It was MIA after PDI and then I had to prove it was supposed to be with the car.

Midnight Rat 01-18-2013 07:43 AM

The ss console lid is a option.

The Stig 01-18-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013 1LE (Post 6052323)
The ss console lid is a option.

Hmm - is that a new option for 2013? Never seen it before.

asommers 01-18-2013 10:22 AM

Thank you for the nice welcomes to the site, I'm happy to be here!
Three things to answer:
1. Love the passion here! Can't believe you guys noticed the floor mats, they were like that from when it was PDI'd, there was snow here the day before it showed up. We detail the car after it sells because we are in a small town and sell/have test drivers that are farmers/oil field guys that more often than not have dirty shoes. It will look better than factory fresh in there when the lucky owner takes delivery.
2. We don't all drive cars like this, I get to take the car to the Golf Course for a photo shoot and then it only goes on test drives with perspective customers.
3. That is a WS6 in the background of pic #1, it sold last week but we just traded for a '02 35th Anniversary Camaro SS SLP! Pics of that are on the way!

PYROLYSIS 01-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6052354)
Hmm - is that a new option for 2013? Never seen it before.

Check this thread out. It's a dealer installed LPO. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236798


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.