Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Aliens: Colonial Marines (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276916)

INTIMIDAT3R 02-13-2013 11:29 AM

Aliens: Colonial Marines

After nearly 5 years of waiting on Aliens: Colonial Marines, I was extremely disappointed.

As soon as I insert the game, there's an update. WTF???

Gameplay is just OK and controls are adequate.

The graphics are great, BUT the gameplay animation of the Marines and Xeno's is pathetic at best. I've seen less choppy animation on South Park.

You'd think after nearly 5 years in development, this game would be a homerun. Instead, this game never got up to bat.

PsychoRS 02-13-2013 01:21 PM

Bummer, I'll still have to play my copy though and at least I still have the original Aliens vs Predator and Aliens vs Predator 2 on my PC if all else fails! :D

Gigachip 02-13-2013 01:30 PM

was this on xbox, PS3? or PC?
I'm guessing it was on the xbox?

INTIMIDAT3R 02-13-2013 03:29 PM

XBox 360 and Lamestation3

Mr_Draco 02-13-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 6156081)
was this on xbox, PS3? or PC?
I'm guessing it was on the xbox?

Failbox 360 and PS3.

And yea, all the reviews I've read on this game give it a 3 or a 4 out of 10.

PsychoRS 02-13-2013 04:51 PM

The only thing that I don't get is how a game that has been praised for the last several months in the Previews can be hyped up only to get extremely crappy ratings. Doesn't make sense to me. :iono:

The Previewers didn't notice these issues when they were previewing the game?

Rogue Leader 02-13-2013 05:58 PM

Wow... it "looks" awesome, but every game site says its basically awful.

Dissappointing

DuskSS 02-13-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R (Post 6155559)
After nearly 5 years of waiting on Aliens: Colonial Marines, I was extremely disappointed.

As soon as I insert the game, there's an update. WTF???

Gameplay is just OK and controls are adequate.

The graphics are great, BUT the gameplay animation of the Marines and Xeno's is pathetic at best. I've seen less choppy animation on South Park.

You'd think after nearly 5 years in development, this game would be a homerun. Instead, this game never got up to bat.

game sucks monkey ass.
lasted about 1 hour and deleted.

wasted 39 bucks bleh.

Silverlsinva 02-13-2013 11:04 PM

I knew this game was gonna suck whenever there is huge delays in a game means there is something terribly wrong with it. Of the games i can recall that have been delayed for more than 3 months most of them still sucked. Oh and u cant blame the hype on the mags for the previews cause they are only allowed to see what the developers will let them play or see.

INTIMIDAT3R 02-14-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6157163)
game sucks monkey ass.
lasted about 1 hour and deleted.

wasted 39 bucks bleh.

You lucked out, I bought the Collector's Edition. :facepalm:

I thought Aliens vs Predator, from a few years ago, was a better game. It was actually playable.

v6sonoma 02-15-2013 03:53 PM

It's really disappointing to see all the horrible reviews for it. I knew it was going to be rough but never expected it to be this bad.

After reading lots of the articles on the game it appears Gearbox at some point handed the game off to a company Timegate and that company scrapped all of Gearboxes work and started over. It slipped so many times that it ended up going back to Gearbox but it was in worse shape than when they handed it off. Sega was threatening legal action if it got held up again so Gearbox chose to fix the major issues and anything that would cause it to fail certification and ship it.

It's sad because they did a comparison of a demo they did a year or so ago to the released version and the game looked great and much more detailed. The version that shipped is watered down and a shell of what it could have been.

Just once I wish someone could make an Aliens game that lives up to the brand. :(

SabotAndHeat 07-31-2013 06:59 AM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ctureid=108521