Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmission / Driveline (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   GM 3.45 & 3.91 Gear Sets! | BEST prices & FREE shipping | JDP Motorsports (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277367)

JDP Sales 02-15-2013 05:01 PM

GM 3.45 & 3.91 Gear Sets! | BEST prices & FREE shipping | JDP Motorsports
 
JDP Motorsports is proud to offer the Genuine GM Camaro 3.45 and 3.91 Gear Sets for your 2010-2015 Camaro SS!

Features a GM OEM ring & pinion gear set for the 2010-2015 Camaro SS/1LE that were designed for long life and quiet operation. The manufacturing process used combined with a professional installation will insure quiet factory like operation of your differential unlike less expensive gears sets that often can cause gear whine even if they are installed correctly. The 3.91 ratio ring and pinion provides a 13% increase in effective rear wheel torque multiplication compared to the factory 3.45 ring & pinion (MT) and a 20% increase in effective rear wheel torque multiplication compared to the factory 3.23 ring & pinion that is found on the A6 equipped Camaro SS. The 3.45 ratio ring and pinion provides a 7% increase in effective rear wheel torque multiplication compared to the factory 3.27 ring & pinion that is found on the A6 equipped Camaro SS.

When cruising at 60 mph in 6th gear, a manual transmission vehicle will see an approximate increase in engine speed of 180 RPM or 13% increase while automatic transmission vehicles will see an approximate increase of 300 rpm or 20% increase. With the 3.45 gear set, an automatic transmission vehicle will see an approximate increase of 90 rpm or 7% increase. Automatic & manual transmission equipped vehicles will require ECM calibration changes to correct the speedometer.

Genuine GM - 2010-2015 Camaro SS 3.45 Gear Set - Part # GM-19301506
Genuine GM - 2010-2013 Camaro SS 3.91 Gear Set - Part # GM-19301504
Genuine GM - 2014-2015 Camaro SS 3.91 Gear Set - Part # GM-19329768

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/media/...9-19301504.jpg
Product Features:
  • Genuine GM Part
  • Direct Replacement for A6 Camaro SS Models
  • SAE 4320 Steel Alloy Gear Material
  • Ring and Pinion Installation Kit
  • Will Not Void Vehicle Warranty
  • FREE SHIPPING!
Gear Set Includes:
  • Gear Kit
  • Gasket
  • Oil Seal
  • Nut (3)
  • Bolt (3)
  • Bolt (3)
  • Shim Kit
  • Limited Slip diff Oil Additive

MSRP: $735.95
Sale $449.95

We appreciate your interest in our products. Please feel free to call, PM or email us anytime with questions! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Tyler
801.545.4215
Click HERE to send me a personal message
sales@jdpmotorsports.com

Rod Knock 02-19-2013 10:42 PM

any way to recalibrate the speedo without voiding warranty?

Nitroman28 02-26-2013 02:42 PM

Is this install kit everything I need other then the gasket?

JDP Sales 02-26-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Knock (Post 6183394)
any way to recalibrate the speedo without voiding warranty?

PM sent
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitroman28 (Post 6212008)
Is this install kit everything I need other then the gasket?

Yes that is correct! You should be able to reuse your stock gasket as well.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions. :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

papawattz 02-27-2013 08:57 PM

Do you need the Ring and Pinion Installation Kit, or can you just install the gear set and be OK?:iono:

JDP Motorsports 02-28-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papawattz (Post 6218481)
Do you need the Ring and Pinion Installation Kit, or can you just install the gear set and be OK?:iono:

You'll need the installation kit in order to get the gears set up correctly. It also includes new bearings which I suggest replacing while you're doing the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day! :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
888.308.6007

xtreme industries 02-28-2013 12:29 PM

do you have an install kit for a V6?

blazzin1 02-28-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports (Post 6220302)
You'll need the installation kit in order to get the gears set up correctly. It also includes new bearings which I suggest replacing while you're doing the installation. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day! :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
888.308.6007

I recently had my 3.45's replaced with these 3.91 gears, and I used the Lingenfelter Kit as well. One thing I did not understand is the theory of replacing a ball bearing (such as the two pinion bearings included in the kit), without replacing the associated races. My installer didn't understand that either, and sourced the races direct from GM, and replaced them too. I know many people say that in most cases the bearings are fine and don't need to be replaced anyway. But if you're going to do it, I thought it was standard practice to ALWAYS replace the race along with the bearing. Any thoughts on this Jordan???

Orange2010SS 03-01-2013 01:05 PM

Just placed my order online. Looking forward to receiving these and having them installed!! Thx

xtreme industries 03-07-2013 02:32 PM

once again - do you have or will this install kit work on the V6 diff?

JDP Motorsports 03-07-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme industries (Post 6220784)
do you have an install kit for a V6?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme industries (Post 6258046)
once again - do you have or will this install kit work on the V6 diff?

We haven't had a V6 Manual Camaro come in for a set of gears but I know the gears are the same (Manual only) so I'd imagine everything else would be as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange2010SS (Post 6225084)
Just placed my order online. Looking forward to receiving these and having them installed!! Thx

Thank you for your business and support! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon! :happy0180:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 6220870)
I recently had my 3.45's replaced with these 3.91 gears, and I used the Lingenfelter Kit as well. One thing I did not understand is the theory of replacing a ball bearing (such as the two pinion bearings included in the kit), without replacing the associated races. My installer didn't understand that either, and sourced the races direct from GM, and replaced them too. I know many people say that in most cases the bearings are fine and don't need to be replaced anyway. But if you're going to do it, I thought it was standard practice to ALWAYS replace the race along with the bearing. Any thoughts on this Jordan???

I suggest using new races when replacing the bearings. This is something we will end up adding to the Lingenfelter kit in the very near future to make it easier on shops and customers to get the gears installed. We're also offering assembled diffs on a core exchange program with various options.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I appreciate everyone's support and have a great day! :chevy:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
888.308.6007

67motorcat 03-07-2013 04:51 PM

My 2 cents :der:

See post # 11 and #23 on this thread.I was there in person as well.

This same guy will be putting mine in this coming Tuesday as well :headbang:
A lot of questions should be answered,My take is the GM gears will go in without the need for a "Install Kit"....remember this is not a Aftermarket part.

Most Camaro's that still have low mileage will have no need to change out the bearings,so everything stays as it needs to be.

Not saying the install kit is a bad thing,but lots of guys are doing it with out and everything is as it should be.I couldn't comment if all the bearings and everything are changed...that's when it gets more complicated.

Hope this helps....the swap is remarkably easy


http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265123

LS2SLOW 03-22-2013 05:59 PM

:thumbsup:ordered a set...looking foward to summer

2010_5thgen 03-28-2013 11:46 AM

still have the deal on the gears?

so the 3.91 is the 1le gear and the m6 ss is a 3.45? and nothing involved other than a regular gear swap and retune? seems pretty easy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.