Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Carlisle or Frederick 2013 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278247)

SS4Fun 02-20-2013 08:49 AM

Carlisle or Frederick 2013
 
Wanted to see who is going to Carlisle, PA (GM Nationals) or Frederick, MD (Camaro Nationals) the weekend of 6/21-23/13? Just curious.....:iono:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/events...nals/index.asp

http://www.camaronationals.org/

PhoenixZL1 02-20-2013 09:01 AM

Carlisle. Rather see tons of GM cars & vendors that you can spend most of the day out there than a few Camaro's and one or two vendors so that you spend half the day sitting bored out of your mind.

z28-conv 02-20-2013 10:18 AM

From what I have heard Carlisle is dying. If you are a Camaro guy you want to go to the Nationals. Alot of the venders are also slowly leaving Carlisle to go to the Camaro Nationals. If I wanted to go to a Chevy show I would go to Super Chevy Sunday in July I believe. I have been to the last 2 Nationals. Last year there were nearly 500 Camaros there. The Cruise in to Frederick was also alot of fun. I have also heard alot of people who were going to Carlisle in the past are now going to the Nationals instead. Anyone who has attended Carlisle and then went to the Nationals have said the Nationals is soo much better and Carlisle is disappointing . I can tell you that the Nationals is getting better every year and is the Largest Camaro show on the East Coast. I guess it depends what you are trying to get out of the experience. :iono:

ZED SLED 02-20-2013 12:34 PM

I went to Frederick in the past and this year I'm going to Carlisle.

bhillakaiceberg 02-20-2013 12:40 PM

Yea, likewise. A bunch of us went to Frederick last year and it was pretty bad. I personally have been to the Camaro Nationals the past two years and have not been impressed at all. Vendors are nonexistent. I believe we are going to check out Carlisle this year instead.

atma 02-20-2013 12:43 PM

Frederick was boring as all get out last year and other than SLP (not like you're just gunna pick up something new to take home from SLP) and those guys that have like swap meet parts for old cars all the vendors were completely unrelated to Camaros (things like toys and belt buckles). most of the day was spent standing around waiting for something to happen. I've never been to Carlisle, but I'm gunna give it a chance this year. Camaro Nationals was my least favorite event of the entire 2012 show season.

bhillakaiceberg 02-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6185372)
Frederick was boring as all get out last year and other than SLP (not like you're just gunna pick up something new to take home from SLP) and those guys that have like swap meet parts for old cars all the vendors were completely unrelated to Camaros (things like toys and belt buckles). most of the day was spent standing around waiting for something to happen. I've never been to Carlisle, but I'm gunna give it a chance this year. Camaro Nationals was my least favorite event of the entire 2012 show season.

:word:

SS4Fun 02-20-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 6185372)
Frederick was boring as all get out last year and other than SLP (not like you're just gunna pick up something new to take home from SLP) and those guys that have like swap meet parts for old cars all the vendors were completely unrelated to Camaros (things like toys and belt buckles). most of the day was spent standing around waiting for something to happen. I've never been to Carlisle, but I'm gunna give it a chance this year. Camaro Nationals was my least favorite event of the entire 2012 show season.


Well, I for one was disappointed (for obvious reasons) that SLP was pretty much nonexistent at the GM Nationals last year. They had one guy back behind the grandstand bleachers with a fold out table and the TVS 2300.:facepalm:

motorhead 02-20-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28-conv (Post 6184722)
From what I have heard Carlisle is dying. If you are a Camaro guy you want to go to the Nationals. Alot of the venders are also slowly leaving Carlisle to go to the Camaro Nationals. If I wanted to go to a Chevy show I would go to Super Chevy Sunday in July I believe. I have been to the last 2 Nationals. Last year there were nearly 500 Camaros there. The Cruise in to Frederick was also alot of fun. I have also heard alot of people who were going to Carlisle in the past are now going to the Nationals instead. Anyone who has attended Carlisle and then went to the Nationals have said the Nationals is soo much better and Carlisle is disappointing . I can tell you that the Nationals is getting better every year and is the Largest Camaro show on the East Coast. I guess it depends what you are trying to get out of the experience. :iono:

You're one of the few that I heard this from. But then again you are from Maryland.



Don't let this post lead you astray C5ers. Carlisle still rocks and last years show was awesome. I'll be in Carlisle with my ZL1 for sure.

SS4Fun 02-20-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Fun (Post 6184462)
Wanted to see who is going to Carlisle, PA (GM Nationals) or Frederick, MD (Camaro Nationals) the weekend of 6/21-23/13? Just curious.....:iono:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/events...nals/index.asp

http://www.camaronationals.org/

Really, I'm just curious which event people are attending (if either). Not trying to promote (personally) one over the other. As usual, we will be going to Carlisle again this year. Nothing against the Camaro Nationals... LOVED it when it was held at Carlisle, always had a great time! The comments are interesting..... keep them coming. :D

ZED SLED 02-20-2013 02:27 PM

Sounds like rift between American Camaro/MD Camaro Club and Carlisle isn't healing anytime soon. Too bad they can't get under one umbrella again.

PhoenixZL1 02-20-2013 04:43 PM

It never will, Maryland Camaro Club hasn't been respectful enough to Canaro owners to move it to a different weekend. Why not May, July, or August, or even Sept. Seriously!!! Instead they force all of us to have a yearly debate of what show we all should go to, IMO they're only killing themselves for leaving it on the same weekend as GM Nats. The Camaro nationals could be a much better production than it is, and they prefer to use previous years selling points without anything new or even an attempt to make the show a must attend. Most people hope for something better bc just 500 cars is kind of disappointing. SLP chose Camaro Nationals last year figuring that 5th Gen Camaro owners is where most of their sales they do are going to come from. Big mistake IMO to go to Fredneck last year.

motorhead 02-20-2013 06:37 PM

The biggest reason that the Maryland show will never be what the GM nationals are is because there is a lot more to see than just camaros. That's why me and my friends would never consider going anywhere else on the same day. Plus I have very little respect for the camaro club having their show on the same day as one of the most iconic events in the country.

z28-conv 02-20-2013 09:50 PM

I am not trying to step on any feet here. I love all chevys:respekt: I just prefer going to an all Camaro show. Yes it does suck that both events are on the same weekend. With that being said the Camaro Nationals is Thursday-Saturday and I think the GM Nationals is Friday-Sunday? So I may go and check out the GM Nationals on Sunday?:iono:

flyinglow57 02-20-2013 09:54 PM

Carlisle or bust tis year. Prob just for sat.

LS1hawk 02-20-2013 10:01 PM

Before too many more people get after the Camaro Nationals please remember it was originally their event they held in Carlisle and the Carlisle folks liked what they saw and took over. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but there is some history to this ongoing conflict of dates.

motorhead 02-20-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1hawk (Post 6188087)
Before too many more people get after the Camaro Nationals please remember it was originally their event they held in Carlisle and the Carlisle folks liked what they saw and took over. Not saying anyone is right or wrong but there is some history to this ongoing conflict of dates.

What you mean is that Carlisle turned it into more than it started out to be. All I can say, is that as long as they remain on the same dates, time will show which event is king. I will admit that there are a few things that Carlisle changed in recent years with all of their shows that pissed me off, but I still love to go.

Supermaro585HP 02-20-2013 10:30 PM

I will be going to Carlisle this year... Never been and I have been hearing a lot about it..

AiRDawG 02-20-2013 10:55 PM

Regardless of which show you go to, the Camaro cruise in Frederick was a lot of fun last year, and I'll be in it again this year!

camaro2lt 02-20-2013 11:03 PM

carlisle i have been going for 3 years....im not driving down to maryland to sit in a parking lot with just camaros i would rather see all gm cars and some vendors!

RS/4Life 02-20-2013 11:56 PM

Went to Frederick last year this year it will be Carlisle!! :popcorn:

ZombieEatsYou 02-21-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandtperformance (Post 6188599)
well if you knew the real story it was the camaro nats in carlisle before it was gm nats carlisle built the other stuff around the camaro nats so if you knew that u could say that there doing nothing wrong by keeping it on the same weekend that it has always been since the first year when it was called camaro nats not gm nats they had more camaros entered last year than any other year counting the 11 years they had in carlisle there is no reason bashing any show go to one on friday and the other on sat this is only there 3rd year and its going to get better as we go they had 3 times the vendors last year than the first year in frederick and they will have more this year

Now don't take this the wrong way. You had a valid point to make but making it in a single sentence obscured what it was. Again, I'm not intending to bash you - only translate what I think you meant to say.

"Well, if you knew the real story it was the Camaro nationals in Carlisle before it was [the] GM nationals [in] Carlisle. Carlisle built the other stuff around the Camaro nationals. So, if you knew that, you could say that they’re (Camaro nationals) doing nothing wrong by keeping it on the same weekend that it …[was]…since the first year, when it was called Camaro Nationals. They had more Camaros entered last year than any other year; counting the 11 years they had [it] in Carlisle. There is no reason [in] bashing any show. Go to one on Friday and the other on Saturday. This is only their (Camaro Nationals) 3rd year and it’s going to get better as we go. They had 3 times the vendors last year than the first year…and they will have more this year."

scubadoo7 02-21-2013 08:36 AM

Was the last post intended as a grammer correction? What an effort so early in the morning. Wow :)

SS4Fun 02-21-2013 08:41 AM

You have to remember too that 7 of those years the Camaro wasn't even in production. So, of course, the participation has increased with the rebirth of the Camaro. I've witnessed it........ been attending Carlisle since 2006 with my 4th gen. The first year I took "Miss Thing" to Carlisle in 2010 the 5th gen participation was huge and the American Camaro Association was the host.:respekt:

ZED SLED 02-21-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadoo7 (Post 6189437)
Was the last post intended as a grammer correction? What an effort so early in the morning. Wow :)

It is important. Remember:

Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
It could mean the difference between helping your
uncle, Jack, off a horse; or helping your uncle jack off a horse.
:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.