Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Anyone Having Any Quality Issues (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28550)

thearrow 06-20-2009 05:35 PM

Anyone Having Any Quality Issues
 
Anyone having any quality issues , paint , finish , tires, electrical issues etc ?

thanks

vdevine 06-20-2009 06:07 PM

Quality of Life Issue
 
My quality of life is an issue as I wait for my car. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

PQ 06-20-2009 06:13 PM

Ya, that stupid shark fin. All the kids in the neighborhood call it the Batmobile. :mad0259:

sewwhut 06-20-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdevine (Post 604346)
My quality of life is an issue as I wait for my car. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

same here..... dido

Matrix 06-20-2009 07:29 PM

None what so ever.

Today, I plugged in my MP3 thinking this is going to take a while to figure out well, 10seconds later, im using the MP3 player AND CONTROLLING IT VIA THE STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS!!! I was elated.

I also like how when you switch off the car, the courtesy light comes on gradually BEFORE you open any doors. Nice touch.

There are lots of nice touches you will realise after you had your car for a week or so.

fireresq157 06-20-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 604361)
Ya, that stupid shark fin. All the kids in the neighborhood call it the Batmobile. :mad0259:

minor issue to me but they should have worked it into the trunk like they did with the vette

catmaster1 06-20-2009 07:53 PM

ill let you know when i pick it up. Still sitting at the dealership until i get done with Annual training.

The_Blur 06-20-2009 07:57 PM

:search:

Basically, you should be aware that this is a first model year of a new car generation. Because of this, the Camaro may have some flaws unique to this model year. Having said that, I also want to point out that very few members have reported significant problems. The most common problems are mismatched bumper paint, slightly unaligned wrapping panels, radio issues when using USB, and long wait times for delivery.

Blue Demon 06-20-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireresq157 (Post 604546)
minor issue to me but they should have worked it into the trunk like they did with the vette

It is in the rear view mirrors on the Corvettes, wish they could havde done the same on the Camaro...

trans_am723 06-20-2009 11:33 PM

NO complaints at all! Love my car!

Rockman 06-20-2009 11:50 PM

none!

what a great ride

Mr. Wyndham 06-20-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Demon (Post 604560)
It is in the rear view mirrors on the Corvettes, wish they could havde done the same on the Camaro...

And put one more thing in there to clog up an apparently "horrible" view? ;)

DCJ 06-20-2009 11:59 PM

Not sure it is a quality issue but my only concern is the blind spot over your left shoulder. With the shorter wheel base, I suppose you can trust it but I know there is still a small blind spot there and I am worried sometimes when I want to change lanes to the left. I am so used to having full view and you just cannot see anything out of that window due to the head rest blokcing your view.

Don

ZZTOM 06-21-2009 12:01 AM

None yet, but anything we buy these days could have issues. That said I like the way they took there time to listen to all input to try to please all Camaro addictions the best they could to let everyone create there own.

Hillbilly 06-21-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 604361)
Ya, that stupid shark fin. All the kids in the neighborhood call it the Batmobile. :mad0259:

Don't you mean the BUDmobile hehehe:sm0:

Invictus1906 06-21-2009 12:44 AM

None at all in the first 300 miles.

DMAX 06-21-2009 09:27 AM

A little tough to rest your arm on the door when the window is down other than that none .

ralyrat 06-21-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCJ (Post 605084)
Not sure it is a quality issue but my only concern is the blind spot over your left shoulder. With the shorter wheel base, I suppose you can trust it but I know there is still a small blind spot there and I am worried sometimes when I want to change lanes to the left. I am so used to having full view and you just cannot see anything out of that window due to the head rest blokcing your view.

Don

I find that most people that have this complant do not know how to set thier mirrors. If you can see your quarter panels in the mirrors you have them set wrong, adjust them out to where you just lose sight of the quarter panel and blind spot will not be a problem. Use your rear view mirror to see whats behind you and the door mirrors to see whats next to you.

paulv7260 06-21-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 604558)

Basically, you should be aware that this is a first model year of a new car generation. Because of this, the Camaro may have some flaws unique to this model year. Having said that, I also want to point out that very few members have reported significant problems. The most common problems are mismatched bumper paint, slightly unaligned wrapping panels, radio issues when using USB, and long wait times for delivery.

:word:

I think a common issue I've seen so far is strictly cosmetic. That would be the A-pillar cover (mostly passenger side?) popping out and it is the only "defect" I've experienced at 1000 miles. Dealer has a new clip for me and that will take care of that.

Rogue Leader 06-22-2009 01:50 PM

Dealer is fixing the following wednesday after installing my stripes:

Drivers side window squeals on the way down
Drivers interior panel not aligned properly, hitting the vent
Passenger rocker is bulging out and not fully attached behind passenger door.

I'm really not worried about any of these, minor things to be expected on a new car.

Croathlete 06-22-2009 01:57 PM

Neither of my door panels line up with the dash. Is this something that is easily fixed? My dealer is in PA so can any dealer do this for me if I just walk in?

Cheshirelaugh 06-22-2009 04:18 PM

The plastic framing the 4-pack gauges, launch control and cig lighter seems loose and flimsy to me, my description in another thread...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=20

JewelZ 06-22-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdevine (Post 604346)
My quality of life is an issue as I wait for my car. Waiting, waiting, waiting....



:sm0::sm0::sm0:

CarbonFiberSS-RS 06-23-2009 09:12 AM

A Few Issues
 
Not to be unexpected of a new car design in it's first year of production but here is my list so far:

1) Front Ground FX Bib Air Dam does not line up in the center of the front end. Parts ordered.

2) Roof Post on drivers side hanging loose at top. Parts ordered

3) Rear window seal at bottom where trunk lid closes about 1/2 has fallen off. TBD

4) RS Package IBM painted Roof Ditch cracks. TBD :mad0260:

5) Battery cable recall. TBD

Nothing major that makes my L99 even close to slow! :thumbup:

Kevin

Croathlete 06-23-2009 09:31 AM

Can we go to any dealership to get warranty work done? If so, do you think a dealer would less likely want to service your car if you didn't buy it from them?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.