Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Will the ZED/28 be available in Canada? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287488)

Fenderaddict2 04-06-2013 12:18 AM

Will the ZED/28 be available in Canada?
 
Will the Z/28 be available in Canada. I had wanted to buy a '13 Boss LS to go with my standard 12 but they weren't available up here because of some lighting issue. Will the changes made to the Z/28 affect availability here?

knitetrain05 04-06-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 6388817)
Will the Z/28 be available in Canada. I had wanted to buy a '13 Boss LS to go with my standard 12 but they weren't available up here because of some lighting issue. Will the changes made to the Z/28 affect availability here?

What is a ZED / 28 ?

OUR72GTO 04-06-2013 12:33 AM

Always been Zed VS Zee in Canada.... tomato ...tomatoe

ShnOmac 04-06-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitetrain05 (Post 6388834)
What is a ZED / 28 ?

ZED is Z up north eh. :biggrin:

Bhobbs 04-06-2013 01:24 AM

What lighting issues does the 2013 BOSS 302 have, legally speaking?

Fenderaddict2 04-06-2013 07:07 AM

The Canadian cars are using the lower fogs for DRLs in 2013. The LS won't mount fogs because of the brake ducts. This also means that regular Boss owners can't install them either if they want to have working DRLs.

Fenderaddict2 04-06-2013 07:08 AM

Oh, and ZED/28 sounds so much better than ZEE/28 which just sounds like a speech impediment. ;-)

SUKXOST 04-06-2013 07:19 AM

"Zed" isn't Canadian. WTF Watch Top Gear and you will see

Bad@ssCamaro 04-06-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6389368)
"Zed" isn't Canadian. WTF Watch Top Gear and you will see

Both the Canadians and British utilize the pronunciation of 'Z' as Zed. :thumbsup:

LOWDOWN 04-06-2013 10:50 AM

...which indicates ZEE is American English...

Bhobbs 04-06-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 6389358)
The Canadian cars are using the lower fogs for DRLs in 2013. The LS won't mount fogs because of the brake ducts. This also means that regular Boss owners can't install them either if they want to have working DRLs.

If I understand it correctly, the Z/28 does not come with fog lights.

SPCBA 04-06-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6389746)
Both the Canadians and British utilize the pronunciation of 'Z' as Zed. :thumbsup:

zed is also how the letter z is pronounced in french as well...i think. its actually a greek letter if my edumacation and brain arent failing me

Hylton 04-06-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6390132)
zed is also how the letter z is pronounced in french as well...i think. its actually a greek letter if my edumacation and brain arent failing me

Correct. USA is the only country which pronounces the letter Z as "zee". Everywhere else it's pronounced as "zed".

THUMPER20X 04-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 6390171)
Correct. USA is the only country which pronounces the letter Z as "zee". Everywhere else it's pronounced as "zed".

I use both. Being British ancestry, it works both ways because saying Zed Zed Top sounds retarded lol.

garfin 04-10-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 6390171)
Correct. USA is the only country which pronounces the letter Z as "zee". Everywhere else it's pronounced as "zed".

Maybe Americans will start saying "zed" when the country goes metric - or when hell freezes over!
...but back to the original question, I've already put that query out there and I'm still waiting for a response. The thing that concerns me is that (for whatever reason) GM Canada has elected not to sell the Chevrolet SS in Canada.

Best regards,

Elie

Bhobbs 04-10-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfin (Post 6406352)
Maybe Americans will start saying "zed" when the country goes metric - or when hell freezes over!
...but back to the original question, I've already put that query out there and I'm still waiting for a response. The thing that concerns me is that (for whatever reason) GM Canada has elected not to sell the Chevrolet SS in Canada.

Best regards,

Elie

I'll never convert!!!!

'Murica

KarFan 04-11-2013 02:52 AM

So the question is if the Z/28 has DRL's and I think it does.

Maybe the bigger question is if GM will actually sell the car in Canada.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.