Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE Factory Tire Pressure (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287813)

Nick S 04-07-2013 07:06 PM

1LE Factory Tire Pressure
 
I was wondering if any of the 1LE owners would be able to look on the info tag inside their drivers door to see what the factory tire pressure recommendations are for the front and rear.

Thanks in advance!

tbirdsleeve 04-07-2013 07:10 PM

32 PSI

cornerspeed92 04-07-2013 07:21 PM

confirmed!

SUKXOST 04-07-2013 07:26 PM

so the 23lbs I dropped them to @ the drag strip that tripped the warning to add air wasnt right?


:sm0:

Cooley 04-07-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6395430)
so the 23lbs I dropped them to @ the drag strip that tripped the warning to add air wasnt right?


:sm0:

:faint:

cornerspeed92 04-07-2013 07:33 PM

then that means the 29 i ran at Laguna wasn't right too :)

SUKXOST 04-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6395475)
then that means the 29 i ran at Laguna wasn't right too :)

Course vs strip but....

If I remember right:
I took a pass @ 29 lbs and went 12.4 (2.1 60' @ 125)

Dropped to 24lbs and went 11.71 (1.87 60' @ 123)

Dropped to 23lbs and went 11.67 (1.83 60' @ 123)

Nick S 04-07-2013 07:42 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!

cornerspeed92 04-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6395502)
Course vs strip but....

If I remember right:
I took a pass @ 29 lbs and went 12.4 (2.1 60' @ 125)

Dropped to 24lbs and went 11.71 (1.87 60' @ 123)

Dropped to 23lbs and went 11.67 (1.83 60' @ 123)

Thats amazing that such little gains/losses in pressure make such a difference,nice pass :)

Tara Martin 04-08-2013 03:19 AM

OMG, my 1LE was delivered to me with 44 psi in each corner. It felt like I was driving on bowling balls until I lowered them. I'm not sure if the factory or the dealer did it. Did everyone else's come with "Nitrofilled" from the factory or was this a dealer addon for my car? It came with the white-logo-ed valve caps that look horrid on the black wheels.

Tara

Dropspeed 04-08-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6395748)
Thats amazing that such little gains/losses in pressure make such a difference,nice pass :)

That could be driver improvement as he got use to the track condition, he varied the launch RPMs or the track was improving. Typically a 35 series DOT track (road race) tire is not effective at a drag strip because the sidewall is so stiff it doesn't allow for weight transfer. I am actually suprised that the 60fts are that good on the stock tire! Nice driving!

-Matt

gajagfan 04-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6397903)
That could be driver improvement as he got use to the track condition, he varied the launch RPMs or the track was improving. Typically a 35 series DOT track (road race) tire is not effective at a drag strip because the sidewall is so stiff it doesn't allow for weight transfer. I am actually suprised that the 60fts are that good on the stock tire! Nice driving!

-Matt

I agree. With wrinkle wall slicks, pressure is a huge deal, but these new tires I would not have thought were as responsive to pressure changes. It would be interesting to note any other changes like launch RPM and / or weather conditions.

Nick S 04-08-2013 08:49 PM

With lower tire pressure though on the good years you may not get sidewall wrinkle but you will effectively increase your contact patch area which will give you more traction. With less pressure the flat spot on the bottom will become bigger thus give you more grip.
Obviously the tire is not really intended for drag racing with the low sidewall but lowering the pressure can still help a bit.
I'm sure with SUKXOST though he did improve his driving as he warmed up to the track.

Firefighter 04-08-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 6397069)
OMG, my 1LE was delivered to me with 44 psi in each corner. It felt like I was driving on bowling balls until I lowered them. I'm not sure if the factory or the dealer did it. Did everyone else's come with "Nitrofilled" from the factory or was this a dealer addon for my car? It came with the white-logo-ed valve caps that look horrid on the black wheels.

Tara


Mine came in at 38 psi and I dropped it down to 32 psi I'm thinking of going with 30 psi. No Nitrofill either.

LRJet35 04-10-2013 10:00 PM

Yep 32 psi for everyday operation and the manual says for our tires to inflate to 44 psi before operating at greater than 100mph.

Dropspeed 04-10-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick S (Post 6400549)
With lower tire pressure though on the good years you may not get sidewall wrinkle but you will effectively increase your contact patch area which will give you more traction. With less pressure the flat spot on the bottom will become bigger thus give you more grip.
.

One would think, but not actually true with a stiff side wall radial tire. You can lower the pressure enough on a radial that your contact patch actually decrease.

Tara Martin 04-22-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 6397069)
OMG, my 1LE was delivered to me with 44 psi in each corner. It felt like I was driving on bowling balls until I lowered them. I'm not sure if the factory or the dealer did it. Did everyone else's come with "Nitrofilled" from the factory or was this a dealer addon for my car? It came with the white-logo-ed valve caps that look horrid on the black wheels.

Tara

I got wondering about my "NitroFilled question above and looked closer at some photos I took of my car on the delivery truck. Sure enough, the white NitroFilled caps were on the car delivered to the dealer. Did anyone else receive factory Nitro? I know that there's a vigorous argument pro and con about Nitrogen in tires, but I was wondering about it is all. First time I have to replace or repair a tire I probably won't continue unless it's free.

Also, I just passed 5k miles and the original tires look like they might have another 5k left on them. How are everyone else's tires fairing so far? I've already bought two spare F1's, one right and one left just in case of a road hazard. I had to order them and they took a week. I can't afford to have my daily driver down that long without a spare.

Have fun driving your 1LEs!

Tara:love:

JJKJ 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

Mine had green caps on the tire valves when I picked up the car with the original caps in the glove box. Green sticker on the inside of the windshield with the dealer logo stating that the tires were nitrogen filled.

The nitrogen fill was part of their prep and no extra charge so it didn't matter to me either way. When they need air, I'll just put regular air in them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.