Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288134)

zl1fun 04-08-2013 10:22 PM

WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE
 
Anyone else dealing with a GM distribution/ packaging problem with their black 10 spoke zl1 rims ordered from either a dealership or online? I had 2 sets of rims come packaged wrong with rear 20x11 in the front box with the front wheel part number on the box but rears in the box......TWICE....then ....update......the place I ordered from attempted to get the front rims from gm again and GM sent 22x9 chrome rims......WTF

Firefighter 04-08-2013 10:28 PM

IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.

zl1fun 04-08-2013 10:31 PM

Yeah....I've heard that...just so disappointed..does anyone have experience buying the rims from anywhere else

coptzr 04-21-2013 08:56 PM

Ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks now. I'm a service manager at a Chevrolet dealer and my parts manager spoke with the GM parts tech people. The correct wheels are shipping this week (4-22). They should be in-hand hopefully Wed. I discovered the error after I had tires mounted and tried to install on my own car. I never thought to look at the numbers, totally my fault.

coptzr 04-21-2013 08:57 PM

One the other hand, rears are mounted and installed. With the drop springs the stance is perfect. Hope you get yours soon.

MY CA.ZL1 04-22-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefighter (Post 6400776)
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.

I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.

Firefighter 04-22-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 (Post 6453264)
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.

Well the wheels look 100% better. Go to my delivery thread found here... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285054 ... check around post 53 for the story.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

zl1fun 05-06-2013 10:59 AM

so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim

zl1fun 05-06-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510573)
so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim

has anyone else had success buying all 4 rims if so where did you buy them and what did you pay I'm ready to ship my four REAR rims back and be done with these idiots.

Fish-man 05-06-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510597)
no wonder they went bankrupt. I guess this is what we get from: CHINA

open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.

zl1fun 05-06-2013 11:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish-man (Post 6510621)
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.

here you go hope you can read them I'll see once I post

zl1fun 05-06-2013 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside

Fish-man 05-06-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510749)
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside

I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

I think in this case your dealer (Parts Taxi) should call the warehouse to make sure they check stuff before sending to them.

oachalon 05-06-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish-man (Post 6510837)
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

Yeah, china has nothing to do with it as the ZL1 wheels are made by Alcoa in ohio.

cvp33 05-06-2013 11:14 PM

Somebody in the warehouse switched the wheels. Made out like a bandit.

zl1fun 05-07-2013 08:13 AM

Thanks for the useless responses...thought maybe you had some useful info. ....and yes they are made in USA ....which makes it all the more pathetic and disgraceful that they can't get it right.....let me guess you're going to make excuses for GM......im sorry sir....was that siding supposed to be RED? SORRY MA'AM. ....Ohhhhh you wanted that wall painted brown....my bad........crap....thats a diesel? Ooops. Well sir..its sort of a grayish shingle. ....Actually this whole GM rim gate reminds me of an 18 yr old serving burgers at McDonalds....I didnt order that!

zl1fun 05-07-2013 08:16 AM

Fish man....they did call the warehouse.....3 times.....sounds like an illiterate is checking the boxes...open box ...yep...its a black rim billy bob...ok....ship it.

zl1fun 05-07-2013 08:34 AM

yep pretty disgusted with General Motors right now sorry to be a hater today

CB Sam 05-07-2013 06:23 PM

Anyone having issues with the original Chrome ZL1 rims rusting or losing color on the backside and in the lugnut well of the rims?

zl1fun 05-09-2013 04:03 PM

So I gave up on PARTSTAXI.COM

Canceled my order after waiting over a month for the right wheels to show up...

Ordered from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.COM on Tuesday.........Black 10 spoke ZL1 rims showed up today!!!! Correct sizes and all!!! I am a happy ZL1 owner once again! Also they cost less to my door than FARTSTAXI.COM

I know someone will ask......$3273.76 delivered fedex 2 days

So ....this is the end of this thread for me...Title was wrong...should have said WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...5 TIMES!

Vangres 05-09-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6523948)
So I gave up on PARTSTAXI.COM

Canceled my order after waiting over a month for the right wheels to show up...

Ordered from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.COM on Tuesday.........Black 10 spoke ZL1 rims showed up today!!!! Correct sizes and all!!! I am a happy ZL1 owner once again! Also they cost less to my door than FARTSTAXI.COM

I know someone will ask......$3273.76 delivered fedex 2 days

So ....this is the end of this thread for me...Title was wrong...should have said WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...5 TIMES!

Glad that the pain is over for you, enjoy the wheels and the car now ^_^

cvp33 05-09-2013 11:01 PM

Frustrating I know. Still stand by my earlier comment as unhelpful as it may be. Someone at parts taxi is re-boxing your rims and screwing you over. That completely sux!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.