Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE Cold Air Intakes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291390)

OptimusPlez 04-24-2013 09:43 PM

1LE Cold Air Intakes
 
What is the best Cold Air Intake for the 1LE? I have a 2013 2SS 1LE Blacked Out. I will have pictures up soon.

coreyaustin17 04-25-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6466341)
What is the best Cold Air Intake for the 1LE? I have a 2013 2SS 1LE Blacked Out. I will have pictures up soon.

this my friend is a can of worms everyone has there own beliefs but for the most part they are all relatively close in performance especially if your not going to have it tuned .....the best i have heard is from a tuned version of the varraram which is a very interesting design for an intake... but im not really sure what your looking for?

Apex Motorsports 04-25-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6466341)
What is the best Cold Air Intake for the 1LE? I have a 2013 2SS 1LE Blacked Out. I will have pictures up soon.

Blacked out you say? Then this might be right up your alley.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89222915_n.jpg

jgalewsk 04-25-2013 05:13 PM

Cold Air Inductions CAI black from Apex! Don't forget the scoop and washer bottle relocation kit. Definite improvement in throttle response and power. I love mine! If you have any questions, ask for Chase at Apex and he will definitely take care of you!

OptimusPlez 04-25-2013 07:04 PM

Thanks for the information guys. On the next nice day, I am going to take some pictures of my baby.

Lillarry 04-25-2013 08:58 PM

I do believe that's my car in the picture! Love this setup on my car it's a beast!

Lillarry 04-25-2013 09:00 PM

Oh and Apex Chase is tha poo!

Cody6.2 04-25-2013 09:16 PM

I always get a good chuckle out of those fishtank looking POS intakes.

beany323 04-25-2013 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i liked the black also myself.

JimE 04-25-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody6.2 (Post 6470602)
I always get a good chuckle out of those fishtank looking POS intakes.

They are proven better than stock. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are bad.

Cody6.2 04-26-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 6470691)
They are proven better than stock. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are bad.

Regardless of what gains people imagine they add look at the silly things.

el ess A 04-26-2013 09:38 AM

Cody6.2- You made your point that you don't like the look. You add 0 value to this thread and sound more trollish than informative. So far you're drawing a blank as to what you think would be a better intake.

The CAI intakes have been proven in an independent street study by a C5 vendor (do a search) before to actually improve performance. Not like a supercharger or anything, but it does free up a few ponies and torque. And they look better than the stock box IMO.

HighMtnSS 04-26-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6466341)
What is the best Cold Air Intake for the 1LE? I have a 2013 2SS 1LE Blacked Out. I will have pictures up soon.

Get those darn pics up...we wanna see 'em!!!:needpics:

OptimusPlez 04-26-2013 10:59 PM

I feel really dumb for saying this. As you can see I am new here and I don't know how to post pictures. Please help! Thanks!

beany323 04-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody6.2 (Post 6471865)
Regardless of what gains people imagine they add look at the silly things.

your in Nebraska. nuff said. :dnftt:

lol..

beany323 04-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6474957)
I feel really dumb for saying this. As you can see I am new here and I don't know how to post pictures. Please help! Thanks!

go to the quote or reply to button. scroll down that page that pops up and you'll see button with manage attachments. small window pops. add the pic you want and alittle ways down it says... upload.

pretty much it.

gl

L99CAMA2011 04-26-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody6.2 (Post 6470602)
I always get a good chuckle out of those fishtank looking POS intakes.

:amen:

OptimusPlez 04-26-2013 11:14 PM

Finally Some Pictures!
 
I think I figured out how to post pictures! So this is my baby! What do you think? Please note these pictures were taken with an Ipad. Not the best quality. What do you guys think I should do to her? I am getting a cilajet coating on it next week to protect the paint. I am looking into cold air intakes as you can see. I don't really know what else to do. Any suggestions?

This is it at the dealership before I bought her.
http://i43.tinypic.com/16hjjop.jpg

This is her when I brought her home.
http://i43.tinypic.com/35c0qw3.jpg

Open Hood Picture
http://i40.tinypic.com/i5p02g.jpg

Love this car!
http://i44.tinypic.com/10n7srl.jpg

HighMtnSS 04-26-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beany323 (Post 6474969)
go to the quote or reply to button. scroll down that page that pops up and you'll see button with manage attachments. small window pops. add the pic you want and alittle ways down it says... upload.

pretty much it.

gl

Yes, or get a photo bucket account and upload pics from there...

beany323 04-26-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6475006)
I think I figured out how to post pictures! So this is my baby! What do you think? Please note these pictures were taken with an Ipad. Not the best quality. What do you guys think I should do to her? I am getting a cilajet coating on it next week to protect the paint. I am looking into cold air intakes as you can see. I don't really know what else to do. Any suggestions?

This is it at the dealership before I bought her.

very nice! As you can tell some people dont like certain intake. Get what you like. i like mine. thats why i bought it!

grats on the car!

OptimusPlez 04-26-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beany323 (Post 6475043)
very nice! As you can tell some people don't like certain intake. Get what you like. i like mine. thats why i bought it!

grats on the car!

Thanks Brotha. Honestly, I didn't get this car to show off. I want to get what's best for the car. So far I have heard that the CAI is the best when it comes to intakes.

beany323 04-26-2013 11:31 PM

lol.. npp exhaust.. they'll hear you before they see you! i did the whole washer bottle, air scoop mod. there is a thread showing the various gains. some websites/vendors use different methods for measuring. the thread sort of put that into perspective. let us know what you go with!

patternpilot 04-27-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptimusPlez (Post 6474957)
I feel really dumb for saying this. As you can see I am new here and I don't know how to post pictures. Please help! Thanks!

What part of Washington state are you from?

Meltdownaverted 04-27-2013 10:34 AM

It I get time tomorrow I'll be installing my Airraid CAI I'll let you know what I think

Apex Motorsports 04-27-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgalewsk (Post 6469425)
Cold Air Inductions CAI black from Apex! Don't forget the scoop and washer bottle relocation kit. Definite improvement in throttle response and power. I love mine! If you have any questions, ask for Chase at Apex and he will definitely take care of you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillarry (Post 6470522)
Oh and Apex Chase is tha poo!

:laugh: Thanks guys.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.