Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Wax over a Quick Sealant (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291855)

kostnkost 04-27-2013 05:31 AM

Wax over a Quick Sealant
 
Is it ok to wax over a sealant? I just sealed my car thursday afternoon, and as soon as I was finished my AG package arrived with my Blackfire Midnight Sun. I guess a re wash is in order considering the pollen here is falling fast and furious, but I wanted to see if there is any benefit to applying this wax over the Quick sealant I just applied.

Maxspeed 04-27-2013 06:39 AM

yes

CamaroDreams07 04-27-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxspeed (Post 6475480)
yes

+1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kostnkost 04-28-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks guys! Still a rookie in training, so I appreciate the feedback:thumb:

babaron 04-28-2013 05:47 PM

Just make sure you wait at least 30 min before layering anything over it.

Z4me 04-28-2013 07:42 PM

yes read the cure time on the sealant before applying the wax. Just was at a detailing clinic today and that was one of the topics of show and discussion.

Hercules 04-30-2013 06:17 PM

I thought that i read on one of the other threads that the sealant has to cure for 12-24 hrs before waxing.

Maxspeed 04-30-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 6489119)
I thought that i read on one of the other threads that the sealant has to cure for 12-24 hrs before waxing.

correct

CamaroDreams07 04-30-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules (Post 6489119)
I thought that i read on one of the other threads that the sealant has to cure for 12-24 hrs before waxing.

Most sealants. Adams claims theirs cures in 30 minutes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Adam's Polishes 05-01-2013 11:05 AM

If the Quick Sealant you are referring to is our, then yes, 30 minutes is all the cure time it needs.

Our Machine Sealant needs to cure for 12-24 hours, but the aerosol Quick Sealant doesn't need nearly that long to cure. That's one of it's greatest benefits...that you can layer a glaze/wax over it in the same day instead of waiting overnight.

Hercules 05-01-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks for the information. It's greatly apptreciated . :thanks:

Maxspeed 05-01-2013 11:38 AM

In the vid is shows Dylan using the Machine Sealant and Flex and then he states 30 minutes?

Scroll to 1:20
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detai...g_Glazing.aspx

CamaroDreams07 05-01-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxspeed (Post 6492054)
In the vid is shows Dylan using the Machine Sealant and Flex and then he states 30 minutes?

Scroll to 1:20
http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detai...g_Glazing.aspx

Ok guys-

There seems to be a big misunderstanding over the difference between hazing and curing on here lately.

You want to let it haze on the paint for 30 minutes. Then you wipe it off.

THEN you let it CURE for 12-24 hours before you apply anything over top.

StephenS_84 05-01-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams (Post 6491908)
If the Quick Sealant you are referring to is our, then yes, 30 minutes is all the cure time it needs.

Our Machine Sealant needs to cure for 12-24 hours, but the aerosol Quick Sealant doesn't need nearly that long to cure. That's one of it's greatest benefits...that you can layer a glaze/wax over it in the same day instead of waiting overnight.


Might want to double check that cure time for the machine sealant. I've seen on the AF that it only needs 30 mins to cure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.