Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   New 1LE Owner. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291938)

Williasd 04-27-2013 06:14 PM

New 1LE Owner.

So I have been looking at the 1LEs since the initial write ups. Some things happened and I decided to hold off for a while. Well, I walked into the dealership for an oil change and the service guy took me back and showed me a Black 2SS/RS 1LE. I asked what was the story on it, why was it on the lift. A gentleman had ordered it, picked it up on Friday and brought it back on Monday complaining of issues with the transmission. Well I guess the factory installed the throw out bearing incorrectly and that was the issue. Well, I worked out a deal and the are taking parts from my IBM 2SS/RS and putting them on my new 1LE. Hopefully I will
have it on Tuesday!!!!

Eric59 04-27-2013 06:26 PM

Congrats on the new car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

beany323 04-27-2013 06:48 PM

grats! pics when you can. are you going to transfer the mods over?

gl!

chiefchump 04-27-2013 06:51 PM

ZL1 Brakes

Any of you folks replaced (r&r) your ZL1 brake pads yet? Any observations, tips?

Dropspeed 04-27-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefchump (Post 6477155)
Any of you folks replaced (r&r) your ZL1 brake pads yet? Any observations, tips?

I think you are in the wrong thread? 1LE do not have the 6 piston Brembos

Williasd 04-27-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beany323 (Post 6477149)
grats! pics when you can. are you going to transfer the mods over?

gl!

Yes Sir! Headers, Cats and Throttle Body. It will be interesting to hear the sound out of the NPP Exhaust.

PYROLYSIS 04-27-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williasd (Post 6477226)
Yes Sir! Headers, Cats and Throttle Body. It will be interesting to hear the sound out of the NPP Exhaust.

Should sound awesome. Congrats on the new 1LE.

HighMtnSS 04-27-2013 09:35 PM

Congrats!

These cars are incredible:thumb:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-28-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williasd (Post 6477054)
So I have been looking at the 1LEs since the initial write ups. Some things happened and I decided to hold off for a while. Well, I walked into the dealership for an oil change and the service guy took me back and showed me a Black 2SS/RS 1LE. I asked what was the story on it, why was it on the lift. A gentleman had ordered it, picked it up on Friday and brought it back on Monday complaining of issues with the transmission. Well I guess the factory installed the throw out bearing incorrectly and that was the issue. Well, I worked out a deal and the are taking parts from my IBM 2SS/RS and putting them on my new 1LE. Hopefully I will have it on Tuesday!!!!

Congratulations Williasd!

That sounds like a great situation you worked out. We are sure you will enjoy your new vehicle. Feel free to reach out to us here is you have any questions or issues in the future.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-28-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williasd (Post 6477054)
So I have been looking at the 1LEs since the initial write ups. Some things happened and I decided to hold off for a while. Well, I walked into the dealership for an oil change and the service guy took me back and showed me a Black 2SS/RS 1LE. I asked what was the story on it, why was it on the lift. A gentleman had ordered it, picked it up on Friday and brought it back on Monday complaining of issues with the transmission. Well I guess the factory installed the throw out bearing incorrectly and that was the issue. Well, I worked out a deal and the are taking parts from my IBM 2SS/RS and putting them on my new 1LE. Hopefully I will have it on Tuesday!!!!

Nice!

Congratulations as well. Have you already posted pictures?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Williasd 04-28-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6479550)
Nice!

Congratulations as well. Have you already posted pictures?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I will let both of your guys know if there are any issues. I haven't posted pictures yet. It was on the lift when I saw it. I did take a couple, they are not ones I want to show everyone, for obvious reasons. Hopefully it really is the throw out bearing. All the work should be completed Monday and ready for pick up on Tuesday. As soon as I do, I will have pics to post. Thank You!

Williasd 04-28-2013 02:52 PM

Thank You everyone. I am super stoked about the new beast.

RoadMonkey 04-28-2013 02:55 PM

Congratulations on your 1LE ! I know Tuesday will not come soon enough =)

Williasd 04-28-2013 03:02 PM

I'm not sure if this is sad or funny, but I am constantly looking outside. All I see is the loaner car out there. It just isn't right!!!! Didn't sleep worth a crap last night, mind running 300 mph. Maddog, you are right, Tuesday can't get here soon enough!