Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Production Numbers (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292765)

Zedave 05-01-2013 10:38 AM

Production Numbers
 
How many of these bad boys are they going to build?
I want to make sure I get one

2cnd chance 05-01-2013 10:59 AM

they said there is no set limit.

Bhobbs 05-01-2013 11:09 AM

All I have heard is they will build as many as they sell.

carman II 05-01-2013 11:16 AM

Isn't the number of LS7's left from the previous Wixom build the constraining factor?

OldScoolCamaro 05-01-2013 11:21 AM

...the bottleneck will be the LS7's, if they are pre-producing them, already available, or being produced based on an artificial estimation of initial demand for the first half year. I say 500 units for 2014 <2012 ZL1 unit's were 1972>...just a guestimate based on an envelope I found inside a mayonaise jar on Funk and Wagnel's back porch.....;), they did make the same statement attempting to meet the demand as they did with the introduction of the ZL1.

Zfatuated 05-01-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedave (Post 6491784)
How many of these bad boys are they going to build?
I want to make sure I get one

Your wallet/connections/willingness to act now with a deposit will ensure that, not knowing the production number.

90503 05-01-2013 01:14 PM

I recall one of the GM execs in one of those "interview" threads from the auto-show stating..."Production will be limited...but we will build as many as customers want..."

To me, that means perhaps production capacity is not as large as other models, only so many can be made in a week, month, whatever...don't expect a glut of them to be available...as orders come in, deposits made, or whatever will determine how many and how fast they can build them....just my guess....

shaffe 05-01-2013 01:22 PM

I would assume only a few thousand for each model year they build it until the gen 6

Wizard1183 05-01-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaffe (Post 6492490)
I would assume only a few thousand for each model year they build it until the gen 6

They'll have a 6th gen Z/28, bank on it! They've NEVER skipped a generation from the model. Just dont look for it to be ANYTHING like this one cause it wont hold a candle to it.

mkorgan 05-01-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zfatuated (Post 6492410)
Your wallet/connections/willingness to act now with a deposit will ensure that, not knowing the production number.

I have called three dealers. None of them are willing to take a deposit. They are all making a list of people to call once they know if they are getting an allocation. I am #2 on 2 lists and #3 on a third. They seems to know less than we do about anything related to the Z/28.

Wizard1183 05-01-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkorgan (Post 6492624)
I have called three dealers. None of them are willing to take a deposit. They are all making a list of people to call once they know if they are getting an allocation. I am #2 on 2 lists and #3 on a third. They seems to know less than we do about anything related to the Z/28.

I wouldnt worry about IF you can get one? You want one? Willing to pay what they want? You'll have one. No worries.;)

littlecammi 05-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6492446)
I recall one of the GM execs in one of those "interview" threads from the auto-show stating "production will be limited, but we will build as many as customers want."

That's because they don't expect people to want very many after people see the very high MSRP they finally reveal for the 2014 Z/28. GM is expecting to match low production to low demand.

The closest comparison to a 2014 Camaro Z/28 would be a 2000 Mustang Cobra R. They only built 300 of the 2000 Cobra Rs. It came with no air and no radio and no back seat and R-compound racing tires and adjustable racing shocks, etcetera. It had a 385HP 5.4 liter DOHC V8 when the 2001 Mustang Cobra had only a 320HP 4.6 liter DOHC V8. MSRP for the Cobra R was $55K versus $30K for the 2001 Cobra (I'm using the 2001 for comparison because there were no regular Mustang Cobras built in 2000 or in 2002). And don't even bother comparing the Cobra R to the lesser 2000 Mustang GT.

How many of the 2014 Z/28 GM builds will determine the price. If only a few hundred, they could be very expensive, proportionally like the 2000 Mustang Cobra R. Even if they build a thousand or more they will still be very pricey.

Col. Brain 05-01-2013 02:45 PM

production is limited because this is pretty much an all out race car with a VIN that you can drive on the street.

Most people will not want it and to those people the ZL1 will be cheaper/nicer of an all around car they are looking for.

The Z/28 is either destined for a carcover and garage or the race track.


So I believe the production will be limited but something tells me a few thousand of these cars will be made. They sold plenty of 70k+ Corvettes why not sell that many Camaros?

shaffe 05-01-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard1183 (Post 6492608)
They'll have a 6th gen Z/28, bank on it! They've NEVER skipped a generation from the model. Just dont look for it to be ANYTHING like this one cause it wont hold a candle to it.

thats what I meant, didn't word it right. THIS Z/28 will only be built in a couple thousand units IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col. Brain (Post 6492799)
production is limited because this is pretty much an all out race car with a VIN that you can drive on the street.

Most people will not want it and to those people the ZL1 will be cheaper/nicer of an all around car they are looking for.

The Z/28 is either destined for a carcover and garage or the race track.


So I believe the production will be limited but something tells me a few thousand of these cars will be made. They sold plenty of 70k+ Corvettes why not sell that many Camaros?

I agree that they may sell a few thousand, but ill also say personally I think more people (outside buyers here looking for a toy/weekend warrior) would rather drop 70K on a Corvette than a Camaro.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.