Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 camaro transmission help (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292950)

Macario Marino 05-02-2013 01:02 AM

2012 camaro transmission help
 
Hello everyone im new to the forum, I have a question about my 2012 camaro 1lt rs. When I put the car in drive and I touch the "+" paddle it will no longer be in drive instead it switches to manual without the shifter being on the "m" and I was wondering if that is normal or not, oh and I forgot to mention I've only owned the car for 3 days, any help is appreciated thanks.

007s 'Vert 05-02-2013 05:40 AM

Thats normal, you can use them in regular drive mode, however after about twenty seconds it will change back to regular drive. If you are in sport mode then once you hit either of the paddle shifters they will stay in what ever gear you shift it into, but will shift down once you come to a stop or go slower than the gear can handle.
If you accidentally hit your shift paddle in regular drive and you want to put it back into drive then just hold down the paddle shifter for a couple of seconds until you see it readout "D" in your DIC. I really like having the option to use the paddle shifters in drive mode.

Macario Marino 05-02-2013 08:45 AM

Thanks lil'blue coupe I appreciate the help:)

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macario Marino (Post 6494897)
Hello everyone im new to the forum, I have a question about my 2012 camaro 1lt rs. When I put the car in drive and I touch the "+" paddle it will no longer be in drive instead it switches to manual without the shifter being on the "m" and I was wondering if that is normal or not, oh and I forgot to mention I've only owned the car for 3 days, any help is appreciated thanks.

Hello Macario Marino,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Reggie and along with my associate William, we are available to as a resource for any questions or concerns you may have in the future. It looks like your fellow member Lil'BlueCoupe responded with the answer you needed. Enjoy your Camaro and be safe.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Macario Marino 05-03-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6497491)
Hello Macario Marino,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Reggie and along with my associate William, we are available to as a resource for any questions or concerns you may have in the future. It looks like your fellow member Lil'BlueCoupe responded with the answer you needed. Enjoy your Camaro and be safe.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks Reggie!

crazyyy2305 05-03-2013 02:34 AM

It was the "base" 2-speed automatic transmission on the small-block Camaros, and very popular. It is a reliable, smooth transmission and capable of very respectable performance. The Powerglide in "built" form was the preferred drag-race transmission for quite a few years, and is still popular for drag racing.

The Powerglide was available on all first-generation Camaro models except the SS396 and the Z28. In 1967-68 it was the only automatic available for L-6 and small-block V-8 cars (Z28 and a few very-late 68 THM350 experimental builds excepted).
------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

inf3rno 05-03-2013 08:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYE5TyijxE

This might work....

Macario Marino 05-03-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf3rno (Post 6499744)

lol ive saw that video yesterday on a tv show. :sm0:

inf3rno 05-04-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macario Marino (Post 6501610)
lol ive saw that video yesterday on a tv show. :sm0:

Prolly the same Ellen Show:gossip:

Macario Marino 05-04-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf3rno (Post 6503098)
Prolly the same Ellen Show:gossip:

You got that right :) :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.