Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   FSP - Custom Tuning on 2012+ LFX Supercharged... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294657)

Matt @ FSP 05-10-2013 12:35 PM

FSP - Custom Tuning on 2012+ LFX Supercharged...
 
2 Attachment(s)
2012 Camaro LFX
- Stock manual Transmission
- Solo HF Cats/Exhaust System
- IPF Supercharger Base Kit

Dyno baseline was performed before we started the custom on-site tuning. As you can see the net gains are great across the board. Air/fuel is a real conservative 11.9-12:1 across the board, timing is kept modest and this is setup for 91+ octane.

All tests were performed in 4th gear.

** You will notice the dyno baseline does not go above 5900RPMs, that was due to the speed limiter **

These gains netted are well over 40++ on both sides to the tire.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 05-10-2013 12:46 PM

Speed limiter should have been removed in the IPF tune supplied when the supercharger kit was installed, so I don't understand that part.

And could you explain what the idea is with doing this, please? Are you taking a LFX-equipped, IPF-S/C'd car with their tune, then loading your own tune and comparing it? I assume that's what's being done, but you're leaving some details out.

John B.

Matt @ FSP 05-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 6527535)
Speed limiter should have been removed in the IPF tune supplied when the supercharger kit was installed, so I don't understand that part.

Can only tell you as to what I see. The speed limiter was 134mph, as clear as day on the DIC.

Quote:

And could you explain what the idea is with doing this, please? Are you taking a LFX-equipped, IPF-S/C'd car with their tune, then loading your own tune and comparing it? I assume that's what's being done, but you're leaving some details out.

John B.
The idea of doing this is that we can custom tailor the supercharged or any applications to suite. Remember when dealing with mail order/canned tunes there is only so much someone can do and make sure that every kit is reliable & safe. We can custom tailor in some fine-tuning to see what additional gains can be had.

This has nothing to do with IPF, etc. tunes being inferior, but remember the canned tunes have to work for all applications. Same thing with all the other supercharger kits for V6 or V8s, their tuning is not bad that they provide, I just never use their tuning because I go hands-on myself. So yes, every 2012+ LFX car that comes in here we recommend the ONLY properly setup forced induction kit (IPF), tailored with our custom tuning. Just as if you bought a Vortech, ECS, Magnacharger, Whipple,etc. from us, we would go hands-on and custom tune it.

Don't read into this as anyone bashing anyone, just trying to educate everyone that the custom tailored application we can gain some additional power.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 05-10-2013 12:55 PM

Wish they could do that in Tempe, AZ...

John B.

Matt @ FSP 05-10-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 6527574)
Wish they could do that in Tempe, AZ...

John B.

If you are going direct to their facility of course they would. Just like I can do it remotely anyone else can of course. You just need an educated dyno operator to stop pulls if it's too lean, and log for knock, etc.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 05-10-2013 02:29 PM

This option was never presented to me and I live less than ten miles from their facility. I was also not offered a try on the dyno, despite my requests, and I offered to pay for the experience.

Just stating facts.

John B.

BaylorCamaro 05-10-2013 04:15 PM

Good job Matt! Wish you could work your magic on the 2010-2011's....

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

lscamaro 05-10-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6528537)
Good job Matt! Wish you could work your magic on the 2010-2011's....

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

:word:

KMPrenger 05-10-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6528537)
Good job Matt! Wish you could work your magic on the 2010-2011's....

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

:word:

Vader2011v6 05-10-2013 10:40 PM

Nice thats something ive been interested in too in my LLT.I would love to do a custom tune with someone monitoring thats custom to my car.

J_Vibe92 05-10-2013 10:57 PM

if we have a Rx system, then would you still custom tune it?

lscamaro 05-10-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 (Post 6529891)
if we have a Rx system, then would you still custom tune it?

He can't, you have an LLT.

J_Vibe92 05-11-2013 12:18 AM

what do you mean? IPF doesnt do LLT?

V6owner 05-11-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 (Post 6530167)
what do you mean? IPF doesnt do LLT?

Matt can't custom tune the LLT like he can the LFX

Vader2011v6 05-11-2013 06:27 AM

Hopefully one of these days us LLT's will b retuneable.

Matt @ FSP 05-11-2013 08:52 AM

Sorry guys for now I do not have access to LLT tuning software. I have thought about doing the tuning the evasive way like I have done some of the MBs, Ferraris, and BMW's by the BDM method. However, I still cannot communicate with the TCM so it renders the tuning albeit pretty useless.

lscamaro 05-11-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 (Post 6530167)
what do you mean? IPF doesnt do LLT?

That graph and the results you are seeing are on an IPF supercharger with Matt's custom tuning. That isn't the IPF tune. In order for Matt to custom tune a car, he has to be able to access the ECU. He can't do that with the LLT like he can with the LFX.

Matt @ FSP 05-11-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6531318)
That graph and the results you are seeing are on an IPF supercharger with Matt's custom tuning. That isn't the IPF tune. In order for Matt to custom tune a car, he has to be able to access the ECU. He can't do that with the LLT like he can with the LFX.

100% correct.

Blues45th 05-11-2013 05:26 PM

I'm not super charged but Matt has had his hands on my lfx and all I can say is WOW. Night and day what he can do. Not only with torque and hp but my a6 trans. Was cleaned up and just a mush more enjoyable car to drive. My car was flashed and lost tune for 4 days. Those 4 days I didn't wann drive my car becaus of Matt spoiling me with his custom tune. Love it. Can't wait for more power in the future.

bionick 11-16-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6527481)
2012 Camaro LFX
- Stock manual Transmission
- Solo HF Cats/Exhaust System
- IPF Supercharger Base Kit

Dyno baseline was performed before we started the custom on-site tuning. As you can see the net gains are great across the board. Air/fuel is a real conservative 11.9-12:1 across the board, timing is kept modest and this is setup for 91+ octane.

All tests were performed in 4th gear.

** You will notice the dyno baseline does not go above 5900RPMs, that was due to the speed limiter **

These gains netted are well over 40++ on both sides to the tire.

This may be a stupid question but do you need the supercharger for the tune, or can you buy the tune itself without using a supercharger?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.