Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Rear View Camera issue!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294813)

Soonerfan 05-11-2013 08:40 AM

Rear View Camera issue!!

I have the my link system, and put it in reverse today, and instead of the camera showing whats behind me, it has a yellow screen with a blue line scrolling thru it. It still senses stuff around it and beeps, but the camera is not on. Has anyone had this problem???

dwinva 05-11-2013 08:43 AM

Haven't heard of this one before. The backup sensors are totally different than the backup camera. Sounds like a dealer issue to me. If your My Link screen works OK with everything else, if I had to guess I would say it's the camera unit. Either way it sounds like a warranty issue. Hopefully they can repair/replace it quickly for you.

111wfb 05-11-2013 01:14 PM

We're you backing into bright sunlight?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-11-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonerfan (Post 6530731)
I have the my link system, and put it in reverse today, and instead of the camera showing whats behind me, it has a yellow screen with a blue line scrolling thru it. It still senses stuff around it and beeps, but the camera is not on. Has anyone had this problem???

Soonerfan,

Oh no! Sincere apologies to hear about your vehicle's camera not working properly. Are you still experiencing this issue and if so, would you like me to set up a dealer visit? Let me know. We're here to help.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Soonerfan 05-14-2013 06:10 AM

Thanks for the help. It's working again, but I wasn't backing up in the sun light, it was shaded, backing into my garage. If it does it again, off to the dealer I go.

GAHDOOSH 05-16-2013 12:19 AM

I had this issue, they also said it was the sunlight. GM has created a software update to fix this issue. It's free and the dealer can do it in a matter of minutes. I took mine in and its running great now. Hope that helps!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-16-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonerfan (Post 6541447)
Thanks for the help. It's working again, but I wasn't backing up in the sun light, it was shaded, backing into my garage. If it does it again, off to the dealer I go.

Yes, please let know if you begin to experience any further issues as well.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Jalberdi99 05-16-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6551056)
Yes, please let know if you begin to experience any further issues as well.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

sup William, i dont have any problems with my link unit or the camera, but if take my car to the dealer to have the software updated. will they do it without any questions?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 (Post 6551173)
sup William, i dont have any problems with my link unit or the camera, but if take my car to the dealer to have the software updated. will they do it without any questions?

Yes,

There shouldn't be any problem if you take it in and let them know you would like to receive the latest software update. It shouldn't take long either. ;)

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

CamaroRS13 05-17-2013 11:52 AM

Same thing happened to me last night. Anyone have the TSB number for this?

Thanks!

GAHDOOSH 05-19-2013 03:13 PM

This is what happened to mine, I sat at the dealer for about an hour while they did it but it was free and no questions asked once I told them the update would fix it.

Here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXPNSm5bQ4

Jalberdi99 07-27-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH (Post 6563164)
This is what happened to mine, I sat at the dealer for about an hour while they did it but it was free and no questions asked once I told them the update would fix it.

Here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXPNSm5bQ4

the update will not fix this problem. i had the update done about a month ago and today i got the yellow screen of death. i will make an appointment sometime this week to have this problem solved.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 (Post 6826935)
the update will not fix this problem. i had the update done about a month ago and today i got the yellow screen of death. i will make an appointment sometime this week to have this problem solved.

Jalberdi99,

I'm happy to hear that you will seeking assistance of this issue sometime soon. Please let me know if additional assistance is needed while your vehicle is in for service.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

wakespeak 07-29-2013 09:11 AM

I just had this happen as well (yellow screen/blue vertical bar). I will go through a couple of start/stop cycles and see if it goes away. Anyone confirm the software update fixes it?

Jalberdi99 07-29-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakespeak (Post 6833463)
I just had this happen as well (yellow screen/blue vertical bar). I will go through a couple of start/stop cycles and see if it goes away. Anyone confirm the software update fixes it?

mine went away the next day,i haven't seen it since. i can confirm that the update does not fix this. i have the update done about a month ago.

SSMKNU2 04-04-2014 05:50 PM

Old thread but just had this happen to me backing out of my garage. Got the yellow camara flash and the sensors beep but the camera doesn't switch in the mirror.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-10-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 7554240)
Old thread but just had this happen to me backing out of my garage. Got the yellow camara flash and the sensors beep but the camera doesn't switch in the mirror.

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a camera concern like this SSMKNU2, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

SSMKNU2 04-10-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7570580)
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a camera concern like this SSMKNU2, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks for the response, I sent you a PM.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-10-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 7571504)
Thanks for the response, I sent you a PM.

Thanks so much!

I've sent you back a response :thumb:.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

SSMKNU2 04-18-2014 09:31 PM

So to help future people with this issue, it appears the backup camera (pre my link) is ran by the reverse lights. Turns out I had a lot of light codes on the car and have to replace the body control module.