Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RX Performance has really gone down the toilet... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295424)

bumblebeecamaro 05-14-2013 11:24 AM

RX Performance has really gone down the toilet...

okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things? :mad0260:

infernometallicSS 05-16-2013 03:07 PM

My shop has been waiting for a catch can for my car for 2 weeks also. I'm not as close as you are but still. Two weeks is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I feel your pain.

bw26ss 05-16-2013 03:09 PM

nothing pisses me off more than placing an order on an in stock item, and then its not really in stock

SSMickey 05-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 6542282)
okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things? :mad0260:

Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?

Bradrulz 05-16-2013 09:01 PM

Why not cancel your order and just order an Elite catch can? Think you wold be much happier. I have had both.

Blues45th 05-16-2013 09:14 PM

Bradrulz I agree 100%. Just because there in here bro doesn't mean you shouldn't do your homework.

BDBiker 05-16-2013 09:17 PM

Placed my order 4/5/13, called and asked if it was "lost in space", was told that they were running behind. Since I still don't have my car(ordered 3/25) it really doesn't matter to me that they are running behind. But I do understand where you are coming from. I don't expect to see my car until the end of June(TPW 6/3), so I am good for another month before my frustration will boil over.

Blues45th 05-16-2013 09:19 PM

Elite. Norris. billet. All catch can. All good products. All are in stock. I love my elite cc. Like I said above.

RubyCamaro 05-16-2013 10:24 PM

Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.

The Stig 05-17-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6552378)

+1

Never Satisfied 05-17-2013 07:30 AM

I run an RX on my Camaro, but the Mike Norris can is very good. I had one on my C6 and was extremely happy with the fit-n-finish & performance.

alanhurst 05-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6553650)
Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.

This, we have so many options with all kinds of parts, if something is backordered go elsewhere.

Waited 3 weeks for a GM dovetail (backorder) they wanted 700.00 installed which was no biggie but while I was waiting I grabbed a carbon fiber one for about half that price.

menendez1293 05-17-2013 09:50 AM

According to what I have recently heard the Rx cans are on about a 6 week delay now. That is a long time for just a Catch can

jordan 572 05-17-2013 10:50 AM

Took mine about a month but I knew they were backed up. Whatever you do don't go for the stainless lines, there trash. I ended up making my own out of rubber. He said he would refund me but I figured it was my mistake. My only complaints were it took awhile and the quality of the can was alright. The painter didn't completely cover the whole thing, o and it was shipped parcel post.

Supercharged SS 05-17-2013 11:13 AM

I'm curious why RX hasn't responded yet? This thread is already a few days old. I'm sure he has seen it.

bumblebeecamaro 05-17-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6552378)

Tried calling many times but no one answers their damn phones.

I got an email from some Irene lady that said my order should ship on Friday. LAST FREAKING FRIDAY!

bumblebeecamaro 05-17-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6554888)
According to what I have recently heard the Rx cans are on about a 6 week delay now. That is a long time for just a Catch can

It is a long time. A freaking long time that my engine has been probably getting oil blow-by inside the intake system. The thought of that crap burns my ass so much.

Only thing worse is the feeling of getting strung along by the emails telling me my order will be shipping soon.

I'm so far in to this ordeal which means I need to stick it out until my can comes in. The harm has already been done so canceling my order and waiting on a new one won't make much difference now.

SC2150 05-17-2013 07:28 PM

Bumblebee, please PM your name and address and we will refund you.

For the rest, no can on the market performs as well as the RX can with its 4 chambers and 3 steps of separating and trapping the oil. Test after test and the challenge still stands. Take any of the so-so cans and install a clear glass fuel filter between the can you choose and the IM and see how quick it saturates with oil. If that is good enough for protecting your investment, then by all means go for it.

I endorse the Elite can as it works great and no wait...and this benefits me zero to steer sales away for those not wanting to wait. We work 12-14 hour days 7 days a week (I was here 7:30 AM to 10:45 PM wed trying to catchup). We have hired and fired 3 different assemblers and painter in the past 3 months as quality and work ethics seem pretty dang rare.

We can only make app 100 a week and orders run 100-300 a week and that is with truning away nearly every new dealer inquiry the past 8-10 months. Without pore production equipment, we cant make more and still put out the best functioning can on the market.

If you email: RXProducts@aol.com you will get a estimated ship date and where you are on the list, and same if you call: 941-721-1826, but you will most likely have to leave a voice mail as the lines are busy solid (call tx speed and see how busy they are).

If you have to have a good can now, order the Elite over any other (all are tested and dissected and the results posted in many threads just as everything I have posted here is).

All messages are returned as quick as possible, and same with all emails and we get hundreds a day to return calls/messages.

Anyone wanting to buy the company and ramp up to meet demand, let me know. I am to old to work this hard and all we can do is all we can do.

So, the website should state the waiting time estimate and until we can tool up again (the 4th time we have expanded and retooled and moved to bigger facilities to try and meet demand and it keeps growing).

We can only make 100 a week, and if an employee screws up pint, etc. on a batch and we catch it we have to redo them all and slows it down even more. We also are the only one to color match anyones choice and each is made to order....not mass produced in 2-3 colors.

So all I can say is the wait is long, but it is worth it if you want the best protection available. If not, go with one that lets 20-30-40% of the oil to pass right through if your investment is not worth the wait for the best.

RJT-SS 05-17-2013 07:36 PM

Tracy - I have been waiting for mine for about 5 weeks now. The wait does not bother me because of the quality. I do have a suggestion though - perhaps get someone to build you a database of customers, their order date, and their e-mail address. Then have someone put out an e-mail once the orders have gone unfilled beyond a certain amount of time (4 wks maybe?). As I said, I don't mind waiting but if the vendor is proactive in letting me know what's going on, at least I don't feel forgotten. Hang in there and maintain your quality.

BDBiker 05-17-2013 07:42 PM

As I stated previously, I have been waiting since 4/5 and I am willing to wait for its arrival.

spyderbuddy 05-17-2013 09:31 PM

Guys they have a First rate Catch Can, And excellant coustomer Service. IO've got both there Catch can and Vmax Throttle Body

When I can I plan on the I cel a tor and Plemun Spacer, but House comes first.

GoEagles88 05-17-2013 09:40 PM

I'll wait patiently for mine. The Elite can was $189. I don't think they car will die before I get it...

bumblebeecamaro 05-17-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6556923)
Bumblebee, please PM your name and address and we will refund you.

as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....

Demon 1LE 05-17-2013 11:45 PM

what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.

BigBlock69RS 05-18-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro (Post 6557924)
what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.

:word: